Conflicting use of areas/game resources

Imiona

Hello

I want to start up an new Playthrough of EET (again), but this Time with a heavy modded Game and i get this Error "Conflicting use of areas/game resources".

What exactly does that mean and can i ignore this, "conflicting" doesnt sound THAT bad to me.

Thx

warning.png

Dunno. My advice is:

1) don’t use the garbage “EE Setup Tool” (it installs things out of order and will likely cause bugs)

2) Don’t use the rip-off Sea Tower mod, use the real one found here in these forums. I used it in my last game and it had no conflicts. (Though I did not install DSotSC in test game.)

I’ve never heard of a conflict between DSotSC and BG1NPC… though I guess that doesn't mean there isn’t one. In general I avoid DSotSC, I think it messes with too many parts of the game and seems too risky.

The trilogy version of DSotSC has been cleaned up multiple times and it's code quality is on par with any recently coded questmod. It's even prepared to refuse overwriting spells if they got added by a previous mod prior to it's spell components. I'd wish more legacy megamods would reach that standard.

I don't know of a conflict between SotSC against DSotSC-Trilogy or BG1NPC or the actual Balduran's Seatower though. I suspect that's highly FUD. And I run all of those mods.

Thx for all the answers.

By how much must i lower the XP gain in EET Tweaks when using many Quest Mods to net get to OP later?

12 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

1) don’t use the garbage “EE Setup Tool” (it installs things out of order and will likely cause bugs)

Really? I cant get the other one to run on my (ancient) System, so i have to use that Manager :(

I would rather install everything manually than rely on the EE setup tool and its unauthorized mod distributions. It fixes nothing and introduces a whole lot of garbage that you're better off without. The real Balduran's Sea Tower mod is lovely. The knockoff provided by the EE setup tool steals some gorgeous area art in order to throw some poorly-written quests and stupidly overpowered monsters at the player. 

For EET tweaks, I usually set monster XP to 50% and quest XP to 75%, depending on how many quest mods I have installed. I also re-add the campaign-specific XP caps so I can't exceed the original XP cap of that part of the trilogy.

12 hours ago, moggadeet said:

For EET tweaks, I usually set monster XP to 50% and quest XP to 75%, depending on how many quest mods I have installed. I also re-add the campaign-specific XP caps so I can't exceed the original XP cap of that part of the trilogy.

This is very helpful, thx

On 9/7/2023 at 12:34 PM, Imiona said:

Really? I cant get the other one to run on my (ancient) System, so i have to use that Manager :(

If by 'ancient' you mean Windows 7, try to check if you have installed prerequisites. Regardless, please add "file" and "process" exceptions to your AV/Windows Defender.