I upscaled + restyled some BG portraits with AI

I posted that on Reddit an people harassed me there (literally) for using AI. I hope this community is more open minded. 😛

I tried to both upscale them and make them look like photographs (closer to the original BG style). I didn't try to recreate those portraits exactly, I just wanted to preserve the general look & feel and convert them to something more photographic, while being creative.

I used Stable Diffusion upscaler (Ultimate SD upscale) + img2img + ControlNet for anatomy

UznuTs6.png

I spent too much time getting those fingers to look at least kind of right ^ :D

wMZotgy.png

usXF0xn.png

fTZWrgp.png

KCScNAk.jpeg

Edited by jwronsky

I think Amelyssan is pretty good. Sarevok seems OK. Maybe not 100% similar to what the original, but good enough to be a pass for me. So, from my POV, don't get discouraged. I would like to see more myself! I also would love to have the time to tinker with Stable Diffusion.

On 1/28/2024 at 3:27 PM, jwronsky said:

I posted that on Reddit an people harassed me there (literally) for using AI. I hope this community is more open minded. 😛

Can you try doing The Five from Throne of Bhaal? 

On 1/30/2024 at 12:25 PM, jwronsky said:

Baeloth :D I couldn't get rid of the facial hair completely, unfortunately.

6iqSeR9.png

^ much older version

FYI, as per DnD and Forgotten Realm lore, elves and drows do NOT have facial hair.  It is genetic.