Aklon Anomen Banter

Guest PixieDust

I personally do see Anomen's good points, but I do always love to see him go at another male NCP when it involves a romance!  :D

I, too, like some competitiveness when it comes to romances in the game. However, the flat out bickering and name calling is something that bothers me. Reading through Aklon spoilers though, I don't see Aklon's character being the type to get into petty arguements like that. Of course, it's just a guess on my part.

I agree that Aklon isn't the type to banter with Anomen in the way that Kelsey did who literally mopped the floor with him. But I also don't think he would let him steal the woman he loves . :D Perhaps he might try to talk with Anomen and ask him how he feels about Charname.

I also read that Aklon could become friends with Anomen even if they are both romancing the PC is this true?

I agree that Aklon isn't the type to banter with Anomen in the way that Kelsey did who literally mopped the floor with him.

I thought it was the other way around.

"The only "order" in your future is an order for textiles and knick-nacks."

"Pray tell, Kelsey, what has she said to you lately?~

"Well, nothing, because I-"

"(snort)"

"Tell him, <CHARNAME>, that I am the man in your heart of hearts, and he is but the pretender."

Kelsey's "butter knife" doesn't even come close.

But anyway, I think these were written rather well, especially in earlier version, where there were fewer conflicts. I admit, I rather dislike bickering over my heroine and prefer it to be done out of her reach or not done at all, but I think Bioware's cat-fights and Kelsey-Anomen's have done the job rather well.

I only played once with Kelsey but I got the impression that he was the one ho got the last word and Anomen ended up looking like a fool. There is one example I can give where if I remember correctly Kelsey is commenting on Charnames leading abilities and Anomen thinks he is talking about him.

Well, finally the mewling mage says something worth hearing. Thank you for the compliment, now stop your chattering and get back in line, boy.~

In order to avoid unconscious idea theft, I haven't looked too closely at the Anomen-Kelsey conflict, but I hear it's pretty blistering. :D

Aklon and Anomen probably won't be getting that bad, but they will have a moment or two of direct bickering over CHARNAME. Most of the conflict I'm going to ease into banters rather than in the LTs (but there are LT interruptions). Essentially, the conflict magnifies their initial dislike of one another and what might be a relatively normal banter between them will have a shaper edge to it.

Aklon might be able to outspeak, outhink or outwit Anomen on certain subjects, but I'm not going to make Anomen a fool or a target for Aklon either. I'm hoping to keep a good mix and not make anyone be the whipping boy.

I also read that Aklon could become friends  with Anomen even if they are both romancing the PC is this true?

Yes, it's true, they can become friends if they're both romancing CHARNAME, but only after CHARNAME makes her choice. In fact, it's the only way the two of them will become friends.

:D Yes but is it a sure thing or it depends on the whey the PC threat's them? I mean if she is more nice to one and then end's up picking the other one it may leave him confused and give him reasons to continue the bickering.

No, it won't be a sure thing. the PC will have to treat both Anomen and Aklon well and not outright kick one of them in the teeth when the time comes to make the choice. Even then it won't happen absolutely and things might continue as they have been.

If you stop either romance before the NPC develops feelings for CHARNAME, Aklon and Anomen will continue their usual diet of mutual dislike and wary respect.

Ok, I figure there'll be a lot better treatment for poor Ano here. Edwin made him a fool, Tsujatha used to frighten him to death, I don't know what Kelsey did :D , but I don't remember Xan exactly loving him either, so I'm saying it will be really nice to see Anomen for once makes a friend. :)

I'm of that camp, too. *Everybody* verbally beats up on Anomen. Even in cases where Anomen is supposed to have had the last word (Kulyok's Anomen examples), Anomen just winds up looking like more of a jerk. He doesn't need the help.

I understand there is bound to be conflict. Anomen will probably view Aklon as socially inferior, and we know how he treats people with that distinction. So Anomen will probably expect Aklon to defer to him at the very least.

Under those circumstances, Aklon might be inclined to just say "Whatever," and ignore him as much as possible.

Poor Anomen. I always end up getting yelled at when I say this, but once you've downloaded the banter packs and flirts and all that good stuff, he becomes a really sweet guy. Eventually, of course, but not everyone's nice when you first meet them. In his banters written for other characters (Kelsey or Edwin for instance, though I can't complain too much, since I loved Edwin) he always comes across as the most insufferable, unbearable prick. I'm in the camp that thinks it's nice to have him end up as friends with Aklon.

Anomen has his flaws (and some spectacular ones at that), and he and Aklon just really won't get on without something to help them. Not to point fingers at Anomen, but he needs to calm down a bit before Aklon can be all that freindly with him. Looking at the Anomen romance, I thought that <CHARNAME> brings out much of what is best in Anomen, so that's where I decided to stick the possible friendship.

I thought that a freindship made a good kind of character sense and would be an unusual alternative for an NPC. Bear in mind that a friendship isn't guaranteed. The player will have their part to play to make it happen. :D

I understand there is bound to be conflict. Anomen will probably view Aklon as socially inferior, and we know how he treats people with that distinction. So Anomen will probably expect Aklon to defer to him at the very least.

This is the main reason that they don't like each other, Anomen's thoughtless abuse grates, and while Aklon will generally tolerate it, he refuses to actually defer to Anomen, which of course, Anomen doesn't like. Aklon also tries to advise Anomen more than he really should, so this grates on Anomen, and around the cycle goes....

That sounds logical, and like it could be handled in a fairly inoffensive, low-key way.

The PC does bring out what is best in Anomen, which is one of the things I like about romancing him. Isn't love supposed to bring out the best in people?

For all the faults of BioWare romances, and there are many, they got a few things right about Anomen, and happily, these things are preserved and amplified by the Flirt Pack. Anomen treats the PC better than he treats anybody else. Men do that, or at least the ones I've wanted to get to know better have. Anomen is much, much more talkative and romantic before he gets the PC in the sack. Sad, but true. The FP improves the situation, but it's still pretty true to life. And Anomen goes bananas over stuff that a lot of women would ignore or just shrug and accept.

What I like about the way I believe you are going to handle the conflict is that you appear to be basing it on some very real reasons, and confining it to those reasons. You don't seem to be inclined to bash on poor Ano because it's easy.

Archived