One stupid question...

Alu_Fiend

There are no stupid questions :D

You can have a relation going for a bit with two characters at the same time, but then you will get talks or in case of Ajantis/Coran an elaborate challenges to select the winner.

If your romance with any character was interrupted because the other romance became commited, check out you PID menue - you will have an option to ask to restore the relationship.

If not, set CoranRomanceInactive Global variable to 0, and he should love you again :O

There are no stupid questions  :O

I have to disagree, there are stupid questions, we just happen to encourage them. So, while our new fiend as not actually asked a stupid question yet (I have to think whenever I see the term "PID"), if they did we would still answer them--and with thr bare minimum of ridicule too.

Doesn't matter - I get the 'neutral' menu to choose from, even with less options than when meeting NPC.

If there is no option a-la "Let's rekindle out passion!", then do the Global trick :O It should work.

Should but doesn't - after setting it via console to 0 it still shows up as 1, even done by Shadowkeeper, guess my game's just too honest for that :D It's likely that sth is wrong with my game, since I had to re-install all (tutu caused crashes...X_x stupid comp, stupid windows, die Bill Gates!)

BG1 NPC does not support multiromancing. Cheaters are on their own. :O

But if you really, REALLY want Coran, do this:

1) Talk to Ajantis or Xan (whomever you romance) and tell them: "Dude, stop stalking me!" They'll shut up.

Exact wording:

for Ajantis: Ajantis, I would prefer if you would keep your thoughts to yourself, and I'm aware of the fact that this means we won't come any closer.

for Xan: Xan, I really, really think we should stay friends. Nothing more.

2) Do this via Console:

SetGlobal("CoranRomanceInactive","GLOBAL",0)

By the way, ladies, perhaps we should kill "CutByOther" requirement? It'll make things easier for players. (For Alu_Fiend for sure. :D )

BG1 NPC does not support multiromancing. Cheaters are on their own. :O

But if you really, REALLY want Coran, do this:

1) Talk to Ajantis or Xan (whomever you romance) and tell them: "Dude, stop stalking me!" They'll shut up.

Exact wording:

for Ajantis: Ajantis, I would prefer if you would keep your thoughts to yourself, and I'm aware of the fact that this means we won't come any closer.

for Xan: Xan, I really, really think we should stay friends. Nothing more.

2) Do this via Console:

SetGlobal("CoranRomanceInactive","GLOBAL",0)

By the way, ladies, perhaps we should kill "CutByOther" requirement? It'll make things easier for players. (For Alu_Fiend for sure. :D )

You really should ;] It's more fun to have two of them :D *laughs madly from under her rock*

What we do now is:

Romances proceed side by side until some point. When Ajantis/Xan/Coran's romance reaches a certain stage, the player either gets a visit from the Challenge Master, or a short "Pick me!" scene. There she is forced to make a choice.

BUT (a big but): once she has chosen, say, Xan, she cannot choose again and say: "Hey, Ajantis, I loved you all along! Forgive me, please? Please-please-please with evil on top?" She can only dump Xan and continue without romances.

A reconciling option with CutByOther variable is available only if, by some unfortunate means, the player missed the challenge/the scene and one of romances turned to 2 without warning.

I think that doing this will make the Challenges meaningless, to be honest. The CutByOthers is there to help with the "oops! I did not mean to go so far with that guy." While a challenge, or pick me is really a definitive occasion to make up the person's mind. Doing so will let a player to "rotate" romances indefinetly, potentially messing something up at some point. The challenges/pick me's come far enough in the romances, I think, to figure out which one is moresuitable for the particular run-through.

The other thing is, Ajantis uses the 1,2,3 system, not 0,1 system, so restoring his romance to the proper variable is more hassle than Xan's or Coran's.

Well, it's all about how much is allowed to the player. If the Challenge Master point is the point of no return - so be it.

Oh, by the way, Alu_Fiend: it is possible that you won't be able to do anything about Coran, since you may have taken a "break-up" path. You see, three of his five paths end in disaster. (If you sleep with him too early, abandon his child and then fail to meet his standards, etc.) In this case no amount of cheating will help, I'm afraid.

Archived