Of things piquant

Kivan is Domi's project, not mine, so she can answer better, but concerning BG1 NPC and Xan Romance, it's like this:

- if you went to Chapter 6, and your romance is still in "getting to know each other" stage, it is broken - Xan realises what PC is, and since he still got a cool head, he wants no part of it;

- if you went to Chapter 6, and your romance is commited, it's too late for him to back off. He freaks out, but the romance lives and continues.

- if your PC is a half-elf, you are screwed anyway.

Also, basically there are six situations you face in BG2 concerning Xan in BG1:

1) you've never met - PC never entered this cage;

2) you met and killed him;

3) you travelled together, as companions;

4) you travelled together, flirted, but it never got serious;

5) you travelled together, were in romance, and romance ended unhappily or very unhappily - naturally, this possibility assumes you will never meet Xan again, as he won't come close to human lands with a ten-foot pole.

6) you travelled together, were in deep, profound romance, and after Sarevok's death, were forced to part for some time, since he had to report about his mission and retire. All other possibilities, by the way, assume the same: he finished his mission and went back to Evereska.

Hope that made sense. I've still got 38.5C, so don't blame me if it wasn't very coherent.

Hey, welcome back, Kulyok. Sorry that you have fallen ill. Take care and get well!

Basically, I think that it will be better to leave anything more involving and Xan related till we have Xan in BG2; that will be much more interesting than trying to discuss the relationship that PC either had or had not :D

As for gift giving there is a small gift from Kivan in a random NPC-initiated flirt, but it's not practical, just sentimental. I did not do an item for it, but I guess, I can, though I will need a BAM; I'll see if I can figure something out.

And yes, that reminds me, that I have to sort out that "thing that never worked" SoA, that gave PC an opportunity to present Kivan with something :D

I have played BG1-Npc project and romanced Xan,I was crushed when he broke it off there in Candle Keep :D

I do think that GIFTS should be sweet and useless,It`s the thought that counts.....

I was curious when I saw the talk with Kivan about Xan and why it wasent brought up....

I am waiting for Xan to make his appearance in BG2 with baited breath and I must say that I won`t be takin both of them in my party I would be absoutley devastated to have to choose one over the other :D .

I agree with Zanari....a Xan romance for BG2 would kick much in the way of soft and vulnerable nether muscles! Come on, everybody loves Xan! He's so happy and full of laughter! he's so full of joy i'm pretty sure he burps fluffy bunnies. :D

Ok enough with my irrational exhuberance...This is the kivan forum after all....so....

HOORAY KIVAN! HOORAY DOMI!

...I am acting about 7 years below my actual age now. I am going to stop. :D

I sort of thought about it before for SoA portion, but it somehow does not work as a serious flirt. On the other hand, asking him how to say flirty things in Elvish and then acting it out sounds like a sweet idea. On the list! :D

Thank you all, guys, I think the pack is starting to take shape :D

Archived