Corneil

cirerrek

Somehow, Corneil's dialog has gotten broken in my install.

He says:

Well...for one, you must make a monetary sacrifice. After that, we allow you to use magic in the city. Blah blah.

The only response I have is

1) I see, well, I'm not interested.

I've got the necessary 5,000gp, so I'm not sure what is up.

I know zip about dialog editing, so I really can't tell what is wrong with his dialog (CORNEIL.DLG).

Any way I could suck it out of the game and have someone look at it and figure out what might be broken?

Thanks,

Actually, all I can see is a reputation check:

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 8 // from: 7.0 6.1

SAY #59583 /* ~Well...for one, you must make a monetary sacrifice. After that, we allow you to use magic in the city. Blah blah. (sorry, I have the German version, so I am translating - jastey)~ */

IF ~ReputationGT(LastTalkedToBy,3)~ THEN REPLY #59584 /* ~And how high would that "monetary sacrifice" be?~ */ GOTO 9

IF ~ReputationLT(LastTalkedToBy,4)~ THEN REPLY #59589 /* ~And how high would that "monetary sacrifice" be?~ */ GOTO 10

IF ~~ THEN REPLY #59585 /* ~I see, well, I'm not interested~ */ GOTO 5

END

I have no idea why "ReputationGT(LastTalkedToBy,3)" would be broken. Maybe it's a good idea if you WeiDu'd this block out of your game and put it here.

(And I just noticed an eror in the German version: It sais 50,000 gp in the text...)

I have no idea why "ReputationGT(LastTalkedToBy,3)" would be broken. Maybe it's a good idea if you WeiDu'd this block out of your game and put it here.

Thanks for looking at this Jastey.

I'd be happy to WeiDU the block out of the game if I could only figure out how.

I've haven't found anything in the docs that says this is how you extract a dialogue file.

You just invoke weidu normally (however it looks on Windows), give the dialogue file (it will automatically find it in the override or BIFFs), and then specify an optional out. For me:

weidu CORNEIL.DLG --out ~/Desktop

When this is done, CORNEIL.DLG is decompiled, and CORNEIL.D is created on the desktop.

Post the D code here. I looked last night and was going to reply, but I guess I didn't. There's nothing in the default dialogue that would cause this though.

You just invoke weidu normally (however it looks on Windows), give the dialogue file (it will automatically find it in the override or BIFFs), and then specify an optional out. For me:
weidu CORNEIL.DLG --out ~/Desktop

When this is done, CORNEIL.DLG is decompiled, and CORNEIL.D is created on the desktop.

Post the D code here. I looked last night and was going to reply, but I guess I didn't. There's nothing in the default dialogue that would cause this though.

Okay for the slower than normal.

I tried the code you posted (to desktop) and even tried dumping the file to a folder I know exists and nothing is happening. WeiDU just closes after I hit ENTER. No file is output to anywhere that I can ascertain.

WeiDU v189.

Well, when I've used WeiDU to pull dialogue files out of the game for my review, I typically have WeiDU in its own folder along with my other modding tools, not in with the game. Usually, I'd just type weidu corneil.dlg and hit enter there. WeiDU automatically pulls out whatever file I wanted and spits out the .d into the folder that weidu.exe is in.

I hope that makes sense. I'm a bit tired at the moment.

cirerrek: You have to open one of the command windows (I hope that's the English term, I mean one the little black windows where you can type in commands), change the path into the BGII main directory, and then typing in the "weidu corneil.dlg" will lead weidu to compile the dialogue and drop the .D into the SoA directory. For this you have to have weidu.exe in this directory, of course.

cirerrek: You have to open one of the command windows (I hope that's the English term, I mean one the little black windows where you can type in commands), change the path into the BGII main directory, and then typing in the "weidu corneil.dlg" will lead weidu to compile the dialogue and drop the .D into the SoA directory. For this you have to have weidu.exe in this directory, of course.

Jastey's method worked.

SAY #59583 /* ~Well... for one, you must make a monetary... sacrifice.  After that, we allow you to use magic in the city.  Should you prove to be deviant, you lose your rights.~ */
 IF ~!IsValidForPartyDialog("J#Kelsey")
GlobalGT("D0Happiness","LOCALS",3)~ THEN REPLY #59584 /* ~And just how much is this 'monetary sacrifice', exactly?~ */ GOTO 9
GlobalGT("D0Happiness","LOCALS",4)~ THEN REPLY #59589 /* ~And just how much is this 'monetary sacrifice', exactly?~ */ GOTO 10
 IF ~!IsValidForPartyDialog("J#Kelsey")~ THEN REPLY #59585 /* ~I see.  Well, I'm not interested.~ */ GOTO 5
 IF ~GlobalGT("D0Happiness","LOCALS",3)
IfValidForPartyDialogue("J#Kelsey")
~ THEN REPLY #59589 /* ~And just how much is this 'monetary sacrifice', exactly?~ */ EXTERN ~J#KLSYJ~ 145
 IF ~GlobalGT("D0Happiness","LOCALS",4)
~ THEN REPLY #59584 /* ~And just how much is this 'monetary sacrifice', exactly?~ */ GOTO 10
END

I think this is the offending block.

Let me know if you need more.

Thanks,

Cirerrek

SAY #59583 /* ~Well... for one, you must make a monetary... sacrifice.  After that, we allow you to use magic in the city.  Should you prove to be deviant, you lose your rights.~ */
GlobalGT("D0Happiness","LOCALS",3)~ THEN REPLY #59584 /* ~And just how much is this 'monetary sacrifice', exactly?~ */ GOTO 9
GlobalGT("D0Happiness","LOCALS",4)~ THEN REPLY #59589 /* ~And just how much is this 'monetary sacrifice', exactly?~ */ GOTO 10
 IF ~!IsValidForPartyDialog("J#Kelsey")~ THEN REPLY #59585 /* ~I see.  Well, I'm not interested.~ */ GOTO 5
~ THEN REPLY #59589 /* ~And just how much is this 'monetary sacrifice', exactly?~ */ EXTERN ~J#KLSYJ~ 145
~ THEN REPLY #59584 /* ~And just how much is this 'monetary sacrifice', exactly?~ */ GOTO 10
END

Virtue is rampaging. :) I'm guessing you have D0Happiness of less than 4 and a non-valid Kelsey? If you had a valid Kelsey you'd have no reponses at all.

Try temporarily bumping your D0Happiness variable >= 4 and try again.

END

Virtue is rampaging. :) I'm guessing you have D0Happiness of less than 4 and a non-valid Kelsey? If you had a valid Kelsey you'd have no reponses at all.

Try temporarily bumping your D0Happiness variable >= 4 and try again.

Hmmm, my Virtue is 15 and My Reputation is 10. I'll try increasing D0Happiness and see what happens.

thanks,

cirerrek

Archived