Trolls suck

Meh. I don't see how a description of 'Immune to poison' would preclude poison damage. Are there really enough items/spells that do direct poison damage for this to be a concern? Most poison benefits come from damage over time and disruption of spellcasters, for which the periapt already provides protection.

I can think of one immediate source the player controls completely: Cloud Kill. Your call if you want everyone equipped with the Periapt, the Ring of Gaxx, or whatever other poison immunity items are in the game to be able to stand in a Cloud Kill and melee enemies who are taking damage, the way my monk did. :down: The one thing I can flat guarantee you is that the change won't be unnoticed, unexploited, or meaningless.

To be honest, if I picked up something that said "Gives Immunity to Poison" I'd expect to be able to stand in the middle of a Cloudkill and melee my choking enemies with impunity. In fact, I was pretty annoyed the first couple of times I tried that and the item failed. Other such tactics are perfectly viable (like covering someone in fire resist gear and droppng a hail of fireballs on their head) so I always thought it was a Cloudkill bug.

Oh I'm sure it'll be noticed. I just think that immune to poison should mean the same thing, whether it's from an item or a monk ability. This is one of the few decisions we've made that will favor the powergamers. :down:

This shit is finally starting to wear me down. I hate this game.

Item, Immunity to poison, Reduced damage from poison
AMUL22.ITM, 1, 0 // update
BARLFL.ITM, 1, 0 // update, 'cause Barl's o-so-tough
BHAALHP1.ITM, 1, 0 // no update
BHAALIMM.ITM, 1, 0 // no update
DEMOGORG.ITM, 1, 0 // no update (has minhp1 anyway)
DRAKRING.ITM, 0, 1 // no update (DG tougher stuff)
ELEMPRIN.ITM, 1, 0 // update (I guess they're supposed to be immune to poison?)
FINMEL01.ITM, 1, 0 // no update (has minimum HP)
FSSPIR.ITM, 1, 0 // no update (has INVULNER)
HELM31.ITM, 0, 1 // no update (grants resistance only)
HELM32.ITM, 0, 1 // no update (grants resistance only)
HGBER01.ITM, 1, 0 // update (although, why he gets immunities, I have no idea)
IMOENHP1.ITM, 1, 0 // no update
IRONGOL.ITM, 1, 0 // probably update (have to check if they're naturally resistant to acid too)
MDOG1.ITM, 1, 0 // don't know, don't care
MEL01.ITM, 1, 0 // no update
MINHP1.ITM, 1, 0 // no update
RAVAG03.ITM, 1, 0 // no update (I don't think)?
RING39.ITM, 1, 0 // update
RING93.ITM, 0, 1 // no update (unused)
SCRL08.ITM, 1, 0 // update
SENGUA04.ITM, 1, 0 // no update (has minimum HP)
SHARARM.ITM, 1, 0 // no update (has ringdemn)
SHLD31.ITM, 0, 1 // no update (grants resistance only)
SUREHP1.ITM, 1, 0 // no update
SW1H34.ITM, 1, 0 // update (unused, but everybody restores)
TSTATUE.ITM, 1, 0// no update (has minimum HP)

Playing, KPTROL03 has no override script at all, now.

It didn't before--fixed as follows:

COPY_EXISTING ~kptrol03.cre~ ~override~
 WRITE_ASCII 0x248 ~troll01~ #8
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Also, for some bizarre reason, TROLGI02 was not killed after being knocked down and shot with fire arrows.

Unable to replicate. No changes were made to trolgi02 except class/race changes.

Guest Guest

i have problems with trolls as well

i also have g3 bg2 fixpack and big picture (someone also reported probem with trolls in darnise hold)

during boo quest i am teleported by smethy to druid cove and 3 trolls attack me, they are near death and dont fall down, no weapon or magic helps, they just dont fall down ...

thanks for help

i have problems with trolls as well

i also have g3 bg2  fixpack and big picture (someone also reported probem with trolls in darnise hold)

during boo quest i am teleported by smethy to druid cove and 3 trolls attack me, they are near death and dont fall down, no weapon or magic helps, they just dont fall down ...

thanks for help

hi it was me in previous post, i cluaed KPTROL03 and after demaging him with 200 after he was near death he is still standing ...

i installed fixpack on pure game with latest patch and later on some mods

hi

its me again

please, could someone from fixpack crew explain or attach corrected files for this troll issue or you just dont support your own mod?

waiting for next version is not the best idea for many users of your mod

Sorry you're having troubles.

please, could someone from fixpack crew explain

The issue was explained here in detail.

or attach corrected files for this troll issue

Attaching random files to fix an outstanding issue generally leads to a lot more trouble than it's worth--folks who shouldn't be using them do, they can't be uninstalled when a future version corrects the issue, have to plan for exponential complexity for the next version when those fixes become mainline, etc. I will, however, post a tp2 workaround as soon as I get the chance.

or you just dont support your own mod?

waiting for next version is not the best idea for many users of your mod

Support is slow atm because I moved last week and I've just reached the point of being fully back online (as opposed to fitting in 20 minutes in a random cafe). A new Fixpack release is pending due to bug reports since the Fixpack has gone into the wild.

Guest Guest

thanks for answer

ok i have question

i know nothing about shadow keeper and any other programs used for modding or whatever, so i will not be able to fix it myself, but is it enough to replace kptrol03.cre file with kptrol04.cre file? troll04 created with clueaconsole dies properly, i know they might be different trolls, but at least they will die (i will have files kptrol03.cre and kptrol04.cre, which are actually the same)

is such replacement enough or some other files need to be changed as well?

Guest Eplebit
thanks for answer

ok i have question

i know nothing about shadow keeper and any other programs used for modding or whatever, so i will not be able to fix it myself, but is it enough to replace kptrol03.cre file with kptrol04.cre file? troll04 created with clueaconsole dies properly, i know they might be different trolls, but at least they will die (i will have files kptrol03.cre and kptrol04.cre, which are actually the same)

is such replacement enough or some other files need to be changed as well?

There is a work-around for killing them. If you just go into the troll cave (there are more trolls there if you haven't killed them already) and go out again, the trolls are for some reason killable. I have no idea why tough, as I got the tip from a post at pocketplanegroup. The same should be true for all unkillable trolls I think; if you just exit the area and come back they could be killable.

devSin, for the poison effects suite I'm getting a slightly different item list:

// poison immunity effects suite
COPY_EXISTING ~amul22.itm~   ~override~
		  ~barlfl.itm~   ~override~
		  ~bazpatrg.itm~ ~override~
		  ~bhaalhp1.itm~ ~override~
		  ~bhaalimm.itm~ ~override~
		  ~chalslay.itm~ ~override~
		  ~chwraith.itm~ ~override~
		  ~demogorg.itm~ ~override~
		  ~elemprin.itm~ ~override~
		  ~finmel01.itm~ ~override~
		  ~fsspir.itm~   ~override~
		  ~gorfirg.itm~  ~override~
		  ~gorjelfu.itm~ ~override~
		  ~gorjelgr.itm~ ~override~
		  ~gormisti.itm~ ~override~
		  ~gormistp.itm~ ~override~
		  ~helm30.itm~   ~override~
		  ~hgber01.itm~  ~override~
		  ~holdring.itm~ ~override~
		  ~imoenhp1.itm~ ~override~
		  ~innoc.itm~	~override~
		  ~invulner.itm~ ~override~
		  ~irongol.itm~  ~override~
		  ~mdog1.itm~	~override~
		  ~mel01.itm~	~override~
		  ~minhp1.itm~   ~override~
		  ~morsword.itm~ ~override~
		  ~objring.itm~  ~override~
		  ~ravag03.itm~  ~override~
		  ~ring39.itm~   ~override~
		  ~ring46.itm~   ~override~
		  ~ring93.itm~   ~override~
		  ~ring94.itm~   ~override~
		  ~ring95.itm~   ~override~
		  ~ring98.itm~   ~override~
		  ~ring99.itm~   ~override~
		  ~ringdemn.itm~ ~override~
		  ~ringkora.itm~ ~override~
		  ~sengua04.itm~ ~override~
		  ~shalt01.itm~  ~override~
		  ~shararm.itm~  ~override~
		  ~shld31.itm~   ~override~
		  ~stalker.itm~  ~override~
		  ~surehp1.itm~  ~override~
		  ~sw1h34.itm~   ~override~
		  ~telslav2.itm~ ~override~
		  ~trolldie.itm~ ~override~
		  ~tstatue.itm~  ~override~
		  ~vampreg.itm~  ~override~
		  ~vampreg1.itm~ ~override~
		  ~vampreg2.itm~ ~override~

Also, I'm not sure why you're recommending not to update stuff like the Ring of Gaxx.

Don't do it for HP1 items. These chars aren't immune to any specific damage type, and poison-type damage isn't going to kill them any more than slashing/crushing/etc.

The rest is just best-guess effort. If it looks like a creature should be immune to damage in addition to effect, OK, otherwise they probably just meant it as effect. For stuff I finally chose to update, I looked at which creatures were using the item and what their CRE resistances to things like acid/fire/etc. were, and then what the purpose of the item was.

RING39 was on my list, so I'm not sure why you're sure I'm not recommending it... :) Also, some on your list already have both poison effect immunity and reduced damage from poison; my list is only those items which have either one of the effects but not both.

Archived