BG2 Storyline Improvements!

Kaeloree

Basically I, at some point, want to alter some quests in the original game. Why, you may ask, and to be honest I'd have to say 'because they kind of sucked.'

I have yet to find someone who actually thinks all of the original quests in BG2 rocked. If you do, PLEASE post so I can be proved wrong!

More to the point... my dear, wonderful writers, readers, betas, and everyone else; have you ever had a quest which you particularly disliked doing because it was badly implemented/badly written/a bad idea in the first place, and thought of a way to improve it muchly or change it altogether, and written it into fanfic, or just kept it in your head for future reference? Well, post it here! I'm looking for ideas for a few quests I could change, and you guys always have the bestest ideas evar... smile.gif

NOTE: This does not include the entire storyline of BG2. tongue.gif It does suck, yes, but thats not what I want to do. I'm looking for small to medium sized quests that could be changed or a storyline arc added or whatever, that wouldn't be horribly hard to implement. New items & classes are fine; just no new areas.

K, love you all!

P.S. If someone comes up with a story idea or alteration and post it, I will of course ask explicit permission before I do it. And its not at all guaranteed that I will do any of the ideas - this is also just somewhere to post cool ideas! Whether or not they're implemented, I personally find it *highly* interesting to read assorted quest ideas.

Whether people will be interested? I don't know. But if you are- post! ^^

I'm attached to it. :p It could have been done better- but thats just how it is, and it'd take far too much work to change. And, as I mentioned... I'm attached to it.

I'm all for changing the story... but not on a scale that large. Okay, I admit to actually liking the storyline, but it doesn't mean its a good one from a plot or writing point of view.

Thanks for that link, Kulyok! ^^ *goes to read*

Guest Guest
I'm attached to it. :p It could have been done better- but thats just how it is, and it'd take far too much work to change. And, as I mentioned... I'm attached to it.

I'm all for changing the story... but not on a scale that large. Okay, I admit to actually liking the storyline, but it doesn't mean its a good one from a plot or writing point of view.

Thanks for that link, Kulyok! ^^ *goes to read*

I'll warn you to stay away from the Baldur's Gate novels then. The author that wrote the BG1 and BGII (Thrones of Bahl was written by a different author) novels is so bad that he makes even the worst moments in the either game read like Shakespeare. So much of the stuff that happens in the books are pointless, and any character that makes an appearance acts very out of character.

I should also stress that Quest Pack is very much about changes and expansion to original quests as well as adding totally new stuff. Kulyok's already linked to the Quest Ideas thread, and while it's there for everyone's benefit and anyone's quite welcome to use whatever gets posted there, I'd also like to extend an invitation to post any thoughts or whatever there. I like to think I'm usually quite quick on the ball when it comes to uptaking good quest suggestions.

If you're looking specifically to do something separate, then I apologise for diverting attention from it. Call me greedy. :p

Archived