Tutu and raising difficulty

Lemernis

I find that as much as I enjoy Tutu, the BG2 engine does seem to make the game easier by far. In my current game I did Durlag's after completing the Nashkel mines, and as I now sail through chapter 4 there's no challenge. I play at the Core Rules level of difficulty. I guess I could set the difficulty slider to Hard or Insane, but I'd rather install a mod that improves AI. Is there anything like that for Tutu?

I find that as much as I enjoy Tutu, the BG2 engine does seem to make the game easier by far.  In my current game I did Durlag's after completing the Nashkel mines, and as I now sail through chapter 4 there's no challenge.  I play at the Core Rules level of difficulty.  I guess I could set the difficulty slider to Hard or Insane, but I'd rather install a mod that improves AI.  Is there anything like that for Tutu?

Although I don't have any suggestions to make Tutu more diffculty, here is my advice: at this stage, no enemy is really going to be able to beat you, so try to make your way as quickly as possible to BG2.

For some, this may seems a drag, just crawling from encounter to encounter, but the payoff is that you can get Amn and start experiencing some tougher challenges (via more mods than are available for BG1).

Thanks for the responses. I will definitely check out Enhanced Creatures.

Also, I installed the following Tutu Tweak Pack components, which I'm aware will make the game easier:

* True Grand Mastery

* Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression

* P&P Style Protection Items

So in the future I won't select these.

I also installed the following. Will these tend to make the game harder or easier?:

* Maximum HP Creatures (all creatures in the game have max HP)

* PnP Spell Progression Tables

* Druids Use Cleric Level and Spell Progression

* Shapeshifter Rebalancing

Maximum HP Creatures - harder

PnP Spell Progression Tables - no difference *

Druids Use Cleric Level and Spell Progression - easier at at first, but then harder **

Shapeshifter Rebalancing - much easier (you might want to try the one in the Refinements mod instead)

* the changes don't kick in until level 20 or so, i.e. well beyond anything obtainable in Tutu

** makes druids require less XP for levels 2-4, but more for levels 5-13 (and then less for 14+, but this probably beyond anything you'll reach in Tutu)

Max HP Creaures can ake your game much easier or harder, depending on the specific option you choose. All Creatures will probably make it harder; non-joinable creatures definitely makes it harder, and joinable creatures will only make it easier.

I believe Sim released an AI enhancement mod for Tutu somwhere but I can't find it.

Hello -

I believe Sim released an AI enhancement mod for Tutu somwhere but I can't find it.

TutuAI. You'll need to poke around the PPG Tutu forum for its thread, and then read the whole thing, because you need to edit it slightly to get it to install properly. Don't be expecting too much from it, though...there's only so much challenge you are going to wring out of a gibberling or hobgoblin, and those are the sorts of enemies you see over and over again. I'm pretty sure TutuAI is intended to make caster-types a little more intelligent and/or less predictable.

Notching the difficulty up to Hard is probably the easiest way of giving the lesser enemies a little more bite.

Archived