Discussion: BG2 Kit Creation Series

You would have to do it the same way it is done in Divine Remix for it to work properly. This would be much harder than just adding the spells, but it is probably possible to finish it in a day or two (depending on your familiarity with WeiDU and learning speed) if you used their code as a reference.

How exactly does the following effect work?

#147 (0x93) Spell: Learn Spell [147]

Parameter #1: Irrelevant

Parameter #2: Irrelevant

Description:

The targeted creature(s) learns the spell specified by the

resource key.

Does this add a spell permanantly to the target's mage spellbook, innate abilites, priest spellbook? How do I determine which spellbook it is added to?

Guest EarthquakeDamage
Does this add a spell permanantly to the target's mage spellbook, innate abilites, priest spellbook? How do I determine which spellbook it is added to?

I should think it's based on the spell type, whether Wizard, Priest, Innate, or whatever. There's a field for it in the first tab of the SPL editor in DLTCEP if you have it.

Any spell can be added to spellbooks with this opcode, yes. However, unless it's named in the normal convention it won't show up in sorcerer level-up spell selections or spell selections at character creation (spwi[1-9][0-4][0-9]) or be automatically added to the divine spellcasters (sppr[1-7][0-4][0-9]).

I'm planning on adding this using CLAB GA_ABILITYNAME at varoius levels. Would this be appropriate, or should I use the AP_ABILITYNAME (the Kit Tutorial is a bit sparse on the construction and details of CLAB files).

Also, having the spells not show up on the sorcerer/mage picklists is exactly what I want, so I assume I'll be safe with using my own spell naming scheme.

Could be either. You could do something like DR, which uses GA_ to put divine spells directly into spellbooks. If you're making one spell with a mess of 147 opcodes, then you'd want AP_.

One thing to be careful of with 147--it will apply an XP bonus for spell learning (even for divine and innate spells), whereas GA_ in a clab file will not. There's some way to make it not apply an XP bonus (drake127 did it, I think) but I've never found the proper tweaking of parameters to make this happen.

So, what you are saying is that I can use GA_SORCERERSPELL to add the particular spell to the kit's spellbook directly instead of needing to mess around with AP_SPELLNAMEs using the 147 opcode? And that using GA_SORCERERSPELL will not be awarding the player with all sorts of bonus experience from spell learning?

So, what you are saying is that I can use GA_SORCERERSPELL to add the particular spell to the kit's spellbook directly instead of needing to mess around with AP_SPELLNAMEs using the 147 opcode? And that using GA_SORCERERSPELL will not be awarding the player with all sorts of bonus experience from spell learning?

Yes.

One other thing I'd like to check on. I've seen it mentioned in another thread that sorcerers are kittable, but it just doesn't show up on the character selection screen. A possible work-around would be to set the unsability flag to the parent class (0x000400, or something like that) and the class flag to sorcerer (19), but to use another class's kitwindow to display the kit: eg use K_D_H.

Also, for the K_CLASS_RACE .2da files is any editing of their innards required, or does one just need to reference them to make the kit show up in that location?

One other thing I'd like to check on. I've seen it mentioned in another thread that sorcerers are kittable, but it just doesn't show up on the character selection screen. A possible work-around would be to set the unsability flag to the parent class (0x000400, or something like that) and the class flag to sorcerer (19), but to use another class's kitwindow to display the kit: eg use K_D_H.

I vaguely remember trying this and it not working. The class of the kit does have to match the class of the K_x_x 2da file.

Also, for the K_CLASS_RACE .2da files is any editing of their innards required, or does one just need to reference them to make the kit show up in that location?

ADD_KIT handles all of this.