Welcome to the Fixpack Forums

With the public release of the first beta, the Fixpack forums are now also open. This forum, general discussion, is for new bug reports and feedback for the Fixpack. Pending Fixes contains our current working bug lists; Archived Fixes contains bugs already fixed, and Not Bugs/No Action are for issues which were either local or deemed as non-bugs. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Feedback is also appreciated.

Congratulations!

OK, first silly question; I read the ReadMe, and checked what I could in workthreads, but I'm still a little slow with this stuff -- and I am going to assume the answer to my question is "reinstall, because we fix through patching not blasting". Still, for the inevitable question:

If I just did a clean install of BG2/TOB, patched, and then applied the Baldurdash Fixpack and GTU, is it fine to apply the BG2 Fixpack over it?

(if the answer is no, could you please set it up so it detects the older version of Baldurdash and fails install...)

Congrats and thanks!

Already downloaded and installed the Fixpack.

Just wanted to mention that the links on the project page to "Archived F." and "Pending Fixes" result in an error message for me:

"Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken."

Folkert

OK, first silly question; I read the ReadMe, and checked what I could in workthreads, but I'm still a little slow with this stuff -- and I am going to assume the answer to my question is "reinstall, because we fix through patching not blasting". Still, for the inevitable question:

If I just did a clean install of BG2/TOB, patched, and then applied the Baldurdash Fixpack and GTU, is it fine to apply the BG2 Fixpack over it?

Reinstall, because we fix everything through patching not blasting. :D

Just wanted to mention that the links on the project page to "Archived F." and "Pending Fixes" result in an error message for me:

"Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken."

Yep, I'm dumb. I opened the main forum up to everyone and forgot to do so for the subforums. You should be able to see all of them now. So that explains why we haven't had any 'WTF? This isn't a bug!' posts yet... :)

No problem at all, really! :)

I just brought it up because the problem might very well have lain on my side (which in a way it did, after all :D ).

Once again my thanks to everyone involved in this project!

Folkert

I just read the read me. Still laughing.

Gawd knows how many years and untold effort, and you can still fit it into 100 words. :)

Well, I scrapped my original opening: "Since the dawn of history, all of mankind's endeavors have led to this moment: the BG2 Fixpack. Look on my Works, ye Moddy, and despair!"

Congratulations on the beta release!

I do have a stickler to mention. The Compatibility section says "The following mods are included and do not need to be installed". Shouldn't it read "Options from the following mods are included, therefore these options do not need to be installed" (or some such text)?

I mention this because a slew of new players have come onboard, and don't want them (or me) to be confused by what BG2Fixpack does and does not contain.

Congratulations on the beta release!

I do have a stickler to mention. The Compatibility section says "The following mods are included and do not need to be installed". Shouldn't it read "Options from the following mods are included, therefore these options do not need to be installed" (or some such text)?

I mention this because a slew of new players have come onboard, and don't want them (or me) to be confused by what BG2Fixpack does and does not contain.

Yes, good point. Thanks.

One other thing--I realized that in the 'mods we stole borrowed from' section I completely forgot to mention BG2 UB. There's been a lot of back-and-forth between the two projects as we uncover fun stuff.

Archived