BG2 fixpack and Baldurdash v1.6?

Guest Guest_Leonardo Watson_*

Now there ist a new version of Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.6 out. It's compatible with TS and NeJ2. TS v6.06 requires BD-WeiDU v1.6. Are these changes also included in the fixpack? If not, how can I install BG2 fixpack AND Baldurdash v1.6?

Yes, if you want to use TS and/or NeJ, you're probably going to need seperate installs from now on - one for TS and NeJ, and one for everything else.

Alternatively, you could just use older versions of these two mods. Big Picture users have to do that anyway.

Thank you for your replies! I want to install the BGT-WeiDU Mega Mod with NEJ and TS. It's difficult for me to find through the different meanings. Vlad says, you need this, SimDing0 says not. As I understand, the recent version TS-BPv6.09 requires BD-Weidu v1.6. l looked inside the Bdash folder fom BDv1.5 and BDv1.6. Both are identical except these added folders: BDashv16, bonusmer, fix, grandm. multstrh, nymph, twistrun. I think, there must be any reason for adding these files for playing TS or NEJ2. (I don't understand, why Vlad didn't add this to TS and NEJ, when they are requested). So, should I Install BD-Weidu v1.6 and then BG2 fixpack without the baldurdash component? Or better do not such experiment?

So, should I Install BD-Weidu v1.6 and then BG2 fixpack without the baldurdash component

There is no 'Baldurdash component' of the tweak pack. There is the 'Core fixes' component which contains normal bug fixes. These fixes include all those contained within Baldurdash plus many, many more. We didn't see a need to have a seperate 'Baldurdash component' as it was assumed by everyone that no-one actually want to install Baldurdash any more given that it's been entirely superseded.

Needless to say we all surprised (and confused) when Vlad announced that TS and NeJ required Baldurdash.

I don't think the latest BP versions of TS and NeJ require Baldurdash WeiDu v1.6; IIRC only the latest non- BP versions of these two mods need it.

yeah, absolutely. it's quite conceivable that TS6.09 requires BD 1.6 however, if yr using TS-BP, or NEJ2 together with BP (or indeed, any combination of mods that includes BP) then use the BG2 Fixpack.

if you need additional reasons: some of the new content in BD 1.6 will break a BP install (where BP install = any combination of installed mods that includes BP-weidu).

Fixpack, Fixpack, Fixpack - if yr installing BP, always use the Fixpack. the Fixpack was designed t obe compatible with everything. ignore any and all advice to the contrary.

Archived