Other NPC's

Corradun

Here is the skinny on two new female NPC's that I want to create for LOI.

The first is Amaterasu a LG Human Monk of the Sun Soul order. Amaterasu has been a student of the Sun Soul Order all her life having been left at the outer gates of the order as a newborn babe. Having been shut into the order her whole life she yearns to travel and gain knowledge of the wide world around her. She is dedicated, loyal, and she has kung fu fighting on her side too!

The other is Lunius a CG Half-elf Fighter/Cleric of Selune. Celestia has been a longstanding member of the Church of Selune when the PC travels to Murann to aid the Temple of Selune and aid the escape of a political prisoner from the Sythillisians she realizes that it is her duty to aid him/her in any way she can.

Possibly a slightly dodgy name, since I'm pretty sure that the Japanese pantheon gets slapped straight down into Wa and Kozakura (Toril's Japan equivalents), deity names and all. If it's an alias or there's an intersting story behind the name, I won't care.

There are people in canon FR with the same/extremely similar names as FR gods (f. ex. one of the Knight of Myth Drannor is a thief named Torm, and one of the Company of Eight is an elven fighter called Sylvanus), so I wouldn't worry about it too much :D.

As for the Selune Specialty Priest, I'd change the diety to something else; perhaps Mystra?

There is already an NPC mod with a cleric of Selune in progress, so that's why I think it is a better idea.

-Galactygon

The reason the character is a cleric of Selune is because we're going to be adding a temple of Selune to the game, and she's heavily tied in with that. Corradun could perhaps have her worship an ally of Selune (Mystra, Lliira, Tymora, Eldath, Chauntea, etc) or something instead, but then it wouldn't make quite so much sense.

There are other deities with more than one 3rd-party NPC follower (e.g. Surayah the cleric of Sune and Tabiya the paladin of Sune), so this isn't the first time something like this has happened :rant:.

I agree. There is no reason not to have 2 clerics of Selune. Their abilities will be different, I am sure, so you may not want to have both in your party. Or maybe you will; it's not that unusual to have more than one cleric in party at a time. And this would be no different than having 2 true class clerics in party.

Keli, actually. I thought Delainy was a Bard devoted to Sune (because her lycanthropy). But 2 specialty priests of Sune is a bit repetitive.

The best idea I can think of at the moment is for LoI to merge with Keli and Inara NPC mod. And Kali might be the one who has ties to the clergy of Selune.

-Galactygon

Keli, actually. I thought Delainy was a Bard devoted to Sune (because her lycanthropy). But 2 specialty priests of Sune is a bit repetitive.

Delainy is a lycanthrope who follows Selune because Selune is the goddess of good and neutral lycanthropes. But, as I already said, Delainy is a bard not a cleric.

Not that I mind, but I find it strange that every mod that i can think them has them as female, considering the class is named after a male only status*. **.

*not really a status, but i wasn't sure what word to put

**male only in real life, although their are female equivlants, its just a masculine word.

Archived