How do I alter weapon proficiencies with Near Infinity?

sturmvogel

I'm playing MacEasyTutu and I've screwed up a weapon proficiency for my PC. I don't have a save from before the mistake and I'm hoping that I can change it in NI. I've opened up my PC's .CRE file, but I don't see anything that looks relevant to proficiency unless it's in the Effects box with the mysterious Modify Proficiencies (233) that makes no sense when I open it up.

Is it possible to do this in NI?

Do you have an auto-save? If so, you can still use SK.

Not on a Mac, he can't.

I'm playing MacEasyTutu and I've screwed up a weapon proficiency for my PC. I don't have a save from before the mistake and I'm hoping that I can change it in NI. I've opened up my PC's .CRE file, but I don't see anything that looks relevant to proficiency unless it's in the Effects box with the mysterious Modify Proficiencies (233) that makes no sense when I open it up.

Is it possible to do this in NI?

That "mysterious" Modify Proficiencies (233) is exactly what you want. Each one is a different weapon proficiency. Open one up and look for the "# stars" and "Proficiency" fields; these are the only ones you need to change. You can change the number of stars directly, the proficiency field is selected from a range of provided options. If you want to add more proficiencies you can copy and paste a new effect.

That "mysterious" Modify Proficiencies (233) is exactly what you want. Each one is a different weapon proficiency. Open one up and look for the "# stars" and "Proficiency" fields; these are the only ones you need to change. You can change the number of stars directly, the proficiency field is selected from a range of provided options. If you want to add more proficiencies you can copy and paste a new effect.

I'll stand by my name since I don't see anything that explictly says weapon or proficiency. I see a bunch of lines with Unknown as titles, generally filled with two number blocks. Some of them I can figure out based on the little that I know about IE file formats and the like, but seeing a line like Unknown 68 00 00 00 h, does nothing for me. :)

I'll stand by my name since I don't see anything that explictly says weapon or proficiency. I see a bunch of lines with Unknown as titles, generally filled with two number blocks. Some of them I can figure out based on the little that I know about IE file formats and the like, but seeing a line like Unknown 68 00 00 00 h, does nothing for me. :)
Do you have files named baldur.exe and bgconfig.exe in the Tutu-ed folder? (any files, even 1 KB text files - NI just checks that files with these names are present) I know oddities with save game editing etc. can occur in NI if you don't have such files in place.

On PPG, there is a post by The Bigg and Macready about needing to manually copy the baldur.exe from your SoA/ToB directory into your EasyTutu directory, so that you can use DLTCEP and NI with all of those "unknowns" set up. It is a byproduct of the EasyTutu-izing, and saving about 3mb of install. I think Macready is taking steps to make this unnessesary, but currently the best bet is to copy the .exe over.

On PPG, there is a post by The Bigg and Macready about needing to manually copy the baldur.exe from your SoA/ToB directory into your EasyTutu directory, so that you can use DLTCEP and NI with all of those "unknowns" set up. It is a byproduct of the EasyTutu-izing, and saving about 3mb of install. I think Macready is taking steps to make this unnessesary, but currently the best bet is to copy the .exe over.
Yes, but sturmvogel is a Mac user, and the Mac versions of SoA/ToB don't have .exes. In truth it doesn't matter what kind of files baldur. and bgconfig.exe are - I just use empty text files with those names and NI works perfectly.

Archived