minimum ability checks in items

Avenger

I noticed that bg1-totsc doesn't check minimum abilities like tob.

There are items with minimum stats set (i saw scrolls with minimum int = 9), yet i was able to equip/use the scroll on int = 7.

In ToB the item was highlighted in red and i was unable to equip or use it.

Is there anyone with more experience about this?

Right - it's not a problem in Tutu/BGT (you can even keep the restrictions unless I'm wrong) - it's a problem in BG1. I suppose one "fix" would be to remove the restrictions entirely (including from the descriptions) but that's not really a fix, it just seems to be your only option.

According to your readme, Salk, "This Mod is developed by aigleborgne and is specifically designed for TuTu." So it's not really applicable unless you also plan a BG1 version :p.

Right - it's not a problem in Tutu/BGT (you can even keep the restrictions unless I'm wrong) - it's a problem in BG1. I suppose one "fix" would be to remove the restrictions entirely (including from the descriptions) but that's not really a fix, it just seems to be your only option.

What exactly is the problem in BG?

-Echon

According to your readme, Salk, "This Mod is developed by aigleborgne and is specifically designed for TuTu." So it's not really applicable unless you also plan a BG1 version :p.

My approach to the problem has been very empirical and somehow arbitrary. I just ensured that every and each NPC I reviewed got equipment in line with the equipment restrictions (usually STR attribute)...

In the chart you'll soon get, Miloch, you can see that with your own eyes. Of course I might have missed some things here and there since the job has been tedious and monotonous...

Again, I am no modder, I have just reported the changes in a .xls chart. It's aiglebrogne's TP2 which will do the magic... :p

EDIT: I realise I missed the real scope of this topic...I thought we were here reporting NPCs illegally wearing/using not allowed items...Sorry about that

EDIT: I realise I missed the real scope of this topic...I thought we were here reporting NPCs illegally wearing/using not allowed items...Sorry about that
Heh. That's a nifty review though, one I hadn't considered. I'd still be interested in looking at that chart. I promise I won't borgify it for the BG1 Fixpack unless it's ok with you and aigleborgne :p.

Archived