Destination Baldur's Gate 2 ?

Salk

That would require pretty much a whole new mod, since a lot of the CREs and other resources addressed are platform-specific. Think of doing an "Enhanced Creatures" for BG2. Though maybe you're working on that since EC for Tutu is almost finished, right? ;)

I have mostly finished a (rather smaller) version of SCS for BG2, which I'll release when "mostly" becomes "completely". I wondered for a while whether there was space in the much more crowded area of BG2 tactics mods, but I think there's room for something relatively low-key that mostly improves intelligence and doesn't touch innate abilities much.

Suggestions for names welcomed, though... SCS II is the working title, but it's hardly evocative...

Miloch, Enhanced Creatures will be a TuTu Mod but ideally it should cover BG2 as well although there is no project in this sense. The job to do however would benefit largely by the already done scripting to many creatures and NPC classes. So, we will see..

DavidW, that is great news! ;) As you said, SCS II is not a very evocative title. My proposal is to not make a separate mod out of it. That is, to incorporate it directly into Sword Coast Stratagems by detecting the type of installation the user has (WeiDu can do this easily, can it ?). This would eliminate the problem to the rooth, no need for a new name... :D

EDIT: Typos

DavidW, that is great news! ;) As you said, SCS II is not a very evocative title. My proposal is to not make a separate mod out of it. That is, to incorporate it directly into Sword Coast Stratagem by detecting the type of installation the user has (WeiDu can do this easily, can it ?). This would eliminate the problem to the rooth, no need for a new name... :D

WEIDU can do that just fine, yes.

But the problem is that the two mods will have virtually no actual content in common. So I think it will just complicate things unnecessarily (with download sizes, releases, etc) to combine them.

Or SAS, because alot of people drop words like 'of,' 'the,' or 'or.' :D
[irony]Right, because there's no room for confusion at all with that acronym....[/irony] ;)

And in any case, Shadows of Amn is generally referred to as "SoA", not "SA".

Shadow of Amn Strategies might sound even better...
How so? "Stratagems" is practically a trademark for this style of mod at this point (not to mention that it has much more pizazz).
Or SAS, because alot of people drop words like 'of,' 'the,' or 'or.' ;)
[irony]Right, because there's no room for confusion at all with that acronym....[/irony] :D

And in any case, Shadows of Amn is generally referred to as "SoA", not "SA".

Ack, sorry, I just got that. The ';)' was for the "or 'or'" thing. SoAS is better.

Perhaps something shorter like 'Amnian Stratagems' that doesn't incorporate a game name. After all, the first installment isn't 'Tales of the Sword Coast Stratagems.' Also, you'll get awkward questions like 'Shadows of Amn Stratagems? So it's not compatible with Throne of Bhaal?' Yeah, you might get silly acronyms with it but whatever. I hate acronyms anyway - there's too much ambiguity with them as it is.

Archived