Destination Baldur's Gate 2 ?

Salk

My only concern with something like 'SCS II' or SCS2 is that there's going to be a lot of confusion when you start talking about version numbers of the two mods. SCS2 immediately sounds like it's a newer version of SCS.

Well, when the BG1 Fixpack is released there will be a similar problem - two almost identically named fixpacks for different games (sort of). If that type of similarity isn't considered a problem, one could perhaps go with something like BG1 SCS and BG2 SCS.

UB1-v4.exe sounds fine to me. I don't see how SCS2-v2.exe is going to be any worse, really.
It probably wouldn't be a huge problem, but ambiguity sucks. I get cheesed off seeing posts about UB all the time, when they're really referring to UB2 or whatever.

BG2 UB has been around for much longer than the BG1 equivalent, so if anything it's the latter which ought to have a different name.

Heh. With an acronym of SS, it'll get banned in France. :)

Off-topic (and inconsequential), but such an acronym would be rather more likely to cause a problem in Germany, which unlike France actually has active laws against that kind of... thing.

Quest Pack did a fine job in my opinion and even if i can beat tactics and Improved Anvil (especially the latter has great scripts) i would prefer something along the line of Quest Pack.

What kind af AI have SCS II in mind?

I mean:

- I would really love if it doesn't use reallyforcespell...use of "if have spell() then spell()" really help making foes "believeable";

- I hope it doesn't add an undroppable ring of gaxx of sort to every mid level encounter...

Anyway looking forward to it! :)

SCSII, like the original SCS, is somewhere between Quest Pack and the lower-key end of Tactics. It's not really intended to maximise difficulty so much as it is to make creatures behave more intelligently and keep the player awake. It's mostly built around scripts (there's not a great deal of modifications to CRE files or to carried equipment but there's a lot of improved AI), and to a very large extent it plays by the rules (little or no ForceSpell() for instance).

I'd hope that someone with a sensibly balanced party who plays carefully, scouts where it's sensible, and uses their resources intelligently will be able to do fine without excessive reloads or need to metagame, but we'll see how it turns out in practice...

This is great. Something I've been secretly hoping for since I first tried SCS. Can we expect Sendai to strength buff the whole party like Mulahey did? :)

Absolutely. Sendai's plan will be to lull you into a false sense of security by casting Absolute Immunity on everyone in your party. You'll never know what hit you...

Hello, DavidW!

Could you, if you don't mind, update us a little bit about the progresses made with SCS II?

Thanks! :cry:

It'll be finished soonish. Beyond that, I'd rather not say just yet - I don't want to end up making promises I can't keep.

Archived