Destination Baldur's Gate 2 ?

Salk

I would totally, totally go for Tethyrian Stratagems if that was the only place in the game. :'(

The reason why 'Sword Coast Stratagems' works so well is due to alliteration - and which is why I don't agree with 'Stratagems of Tethyr and Amn'. It's a little clumsy.

Sword Coast Stratagems II works, I think. Shadow Stratagems... :)

Come to think of it, at least in 2nd ed. AD&D in which the game series is based, there is disagreement among the scholars of Faerun as to the southern boundary of the Sword Coast. Some place the Sword Coast's southern border at Candlekeep, and some have it stretching all the way down to Calimport.

The 1st edition FRCS refers to Amn as belonging to the Sword Coast. And both 1st and 2nd ed. FRCSs state,

Scholars and sources disagree on the effective length of the Sword Coast, and some extend it further south, into the lands of Amn, Tethyr, and Calimshan, to Calimport. The southern kingdoms resent this categorization, for they consider the lands of the Sword Coast dangerous wilderlands, and its people little better than barbarians.

Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast is somewhat vague on the subject, but could be read as having the Sword Coast extend to Calimport:

The main caravan route to the Inner Sea from Amn to the south, and Waterdeep to the north, runs through the Sword Coast. Thanks to both human and bestial predators, the trip has always been dangerous--hence the name Sword Coast.

By 3rd edition the political boundaries map on p. 100 of the FRCS shortens the southern boundary of the Sword Coast to the northern sloped of the Cloud Peaks. But again, the game series is 2nd edition.

I agree with maintaining the alliteration, so I'd opt for "Sword Coast Stratagems II."

I'm on board with SCS II at this point. It doesn't really matter to me if Amn is part of the Sword Coast or not; after all, the game itself is called "Baldur's Gate II" despite not featuring that Sword Coast city at all. :)

Point.

I'm on board with SCS II at this point. It doesn't really matter to me if Amn is part of the Sword Coast or not; after all, the game itself is called "Baldur's Gate II" despite not featuring that Sword Coast city at all. :)

Point.

Fine by me. (Now I have to finish writing the damn thing...)

My only concern with something like 'SCS II' or SCS2 is that there's going to be a lot of confusion when you start talking about version numbers of the two mods. SCS2 immediately sounds like it's a newer version of SCS. Gambits of Amn? Stratagems of Amn?

Playing off the W in DavidW, it could be 'BG2 Strategery' after another W. :)

My only concern with something like 'SCS II' or SCS2 is that there's going to be a lot of confusion when you start talking about version numbers of the two mods.

Oh lord, yes, you're right... and it's worse when you start adding version numbers. SCS2v4...

Shadowed Strategems?

Stratagems of Intrigue (Lands of Intrigue is a name for Amn, Tethyr & environs)

Sand Empire Stratagems (a dated term for the same region)

Shining Sea Stratagems (it's the sea south of Calimshan, but so what)

My only concern with something like 'SCS II' or SCS2 is that there's going to be a lot of confusion when you start talking about version numbers of the two mods. SCS2 immediately sounds like it's a newer version of SCS. Gambits of Amn? Stratagems of Amn?

UB1-v4.exe sounds fine to me. I don't see how SCS2-v2.exe is going to be any worse, really.

UB1-v4.exe sounds fine to me. I don't see how SCS2-v2.exe is going to be any worse, really.
It probably wouldn't be a huge problem, but ambiguity sucks. I get cheesed off seeing posts about UB all the time, when they're really referring to UB2 or whatever.

Archived