You know Gavin loves you, right?

berelinde

I've had script blocks skipped before if they've had too many triggers.

B!GavinMatch is really unnecessary. I put it into a lot of things because I was using some of Jastey's code as an exemplar when I was writing this in the first place, and that had match checks all over the place, so I put it in just about every code block, too. Since then, I've found that I don't really need it, so I've already taken most of them out. Missed this group.

B!GavinNoReturn gets set if offense goes too high, if the PC dumps Gavin too many times, or if Gavin finds out about Bhaal too early. Its only purpose is to prevent Gavin from restarting the relationship at the player's request. It doesn't need to be in this group, either.

Edit: Once again, the problem is that I'm an idiot. I called the match variable B!GavinRomanceMatch when I set it, but I'm asking for B!GavinMatch here.

Sometimes, I am overwhelmed by the power of my own stupidity.

Well, what can I say? My <charname> is just sneaky that way! Seriously though, I think I am the one that hijacked the thread with this bug that probaby should have been in bug reports.

Umm...let me look at these variables and I can tell you (using Shadowkeeper because frankly I forget how to enable CLUA console).

B!Gavinromanceactive:2

I don't see B!Gavinmatch...I see B!Gavinromancematch:1

I don't see the B!Gavinnoreturn at all

But anyways, I can just cut Xan off through SK and proceed normally. I should have some more of the Gavinlovetalk variables for you later today.

Edit: I can still try to send you that saved game. My email is acting up so I can try the school email here in a bit. You may get it twice though (one from each address).

Ah. So, since the block checked for B!GavinMatch=1, and it wasn't set, two romances continued side by side. But it'll be all right in the next version, with lighter checks. :)

I think you can safely continue with two romances side by side, if you are all right with it: there are no compatibility issues.

And, berelinde, you're a modder, not... what you said.

I agree. Not everyone has the skill or the determination to do what you have done. I know I certainly don't. We all make mistakes also. You shouldn't beat yourself up over them.

I know this isn't the best spot to report this, but today, as I started up the romance, I saw double to day when I wanted to pick up Gavin. There they were, Gavin and his twin, standing in front of the Lathander Morning Temple. I'm not sure how this occurred, when I had scrupulously followed your instructions with the bug and stuff.

Anyway, I'm preparing a nice lil spreadsheet with all the variables to PM you once I'll have played through the whole thing. Hope it helps!

Hmm. That should have been fixed.

I'll look into it.

In any case, just join one of them, and you'll be fine.

Might just be transient wierdness. I have it with Keto all the time. I'll keep looking for a reason it happens, but I don't see anything in his spawning that is not typical.

Hmm. That should have been fixed.

I'll look into it.

In any case, just join one of them, and you'll be fine.

Might just be transient wierdness. I have it with Keto all the time. I'll keep looking for a reason it happens, but I don't see anything in his spawning that is not typical.

Maybe I just need a clean install. But I'm too lazy to go through the whole process... :D

I've stumbled upon my first bug, I enter the Nashkel Inn, and the assassin Neira comes up to me and says "Just fancy my luck seeing you stroll in here, bold as day!" etc, and Gavin says "Maybe those coins won't be so easily won!"... twice! That's odd. :)

The 2 interjections in a row is a reinstallation issue. It's harmless, but it's up to you whether it's enough to make you want to go through the whole installation process over. I would probably just carry on, as these things are usually transient.

I'm not sure how to lay out the numbers. Maybe I needed to note the game days and areas? I don't know. But as I will be playing another game or so I can correct things.

Anyways, just as for numbers, I had beginning at 9 days -

LT 7, 9, 13, 15, 21, 23, 23, 25, 25, 27

GL 2, 6, 13, 19, 32, 35, 38, 40, 42, 46

I don't know if that helps. Like I said, if I know precisely what you need I can detail it better on my next game.

I'm not sure how to lay out the numbers.

LT 7, 9, 13, 15, 21, 23, 23, 25, 25, 27

GL 2, 6, 13, 19, 32, 35, 38, 40, 42, 46

That's great info, thanks! Wow, he *really* likes you, doesn't he! Maybe I should have put in more frequent flirter flirts!

Nah, he really likes *me*, at LT 27, my Love variable was at 64! :)

Ohh.... kay, never mind me! That was unnecessarily childish... Blush.gif

Archived