Please, make us a pretty banner!

Kulyok

Nobody else is confused by the uncomfortable wording of "When a Bhaalspawn gets going"?

Normally that's the rejoinder to "when the going gets tough" which, unless it is some sort of ironic statement about the nature of tenderness expressed by someone who can turn into a slavering killbeast, doesn't really make sense here...

For me, the effect was similar, though instead the Billy Ocean song sprang to mind...

I like the "get going" part - "When the going gets tough, the tough get going" reference adds even more fun for me, but that's just me, and my first language is not English, so I have a whole different world of assosiations.

(Admittedly, it might not be the best reference when one thinks of the more 'romantic' encounters, but for the 'adult' ones, it's spot on. Again, just me).

EDIT: So, I propose #2 for now, and if ever we think of a better slogan, then - possibly - a change.

Nobody else is confused by the uncomfortable wording of "When a Bhaalspawn gets going"?

We can always change it to something like "When things get tough for a Bhaalspawn".....

Yeah thats a good idea. ???

And I've gotta agree with Evaine as well, the brightness could be tonned down a little, yellow makes it hard to see, but if you choose a darker colour it may solve that problem.

I don't honestly think much about the medieval sort of theme, I mean after all, BG2 has had a number of odd things which go into a post-modern world of our own, only with a more magical effect.

The "get going" or "get tough" phrases both sound great, I'd say just go with whatever sounds right with the scene. :p

Normally that's the rejoinder to "when the going gets tough" which, unless it is some sort of ironic statement about the nature of tenderness expressed by someone who can turn into a slavering killbeast, doesn't really make sense here...

That was how I intended it, since one would expect the Bhaalspawn to be hacking everything out of his/her way, not renting a room. On the other hand, if people think it's far too confusing (rather than the interesting surprise I meant it as), feel free to change it, as it was only a suggestion.

(slightly) Less confusing alternatives:

"If you catch a Bhaalspawn's eye"

"If you stir a Bhaalspawn's blood"

Eh?

I know that at one point in TOB, it was implied that murder was well, like an orgasmic stimulant for a Bhaalspawn to have (with no physical sideffects ;) *AHEM*) ;) .

The common misconception is the spawn of Bhaal are all evil bloodthirsty half-breeds (half god, half mortal-species=whatever) ;) , yet there is no defining line to such a thing, in fact quite a large number fight their instinct, or are unaware of its presence yet are still persecuted anyways.

Gee. Who would've thought love would come from soooo many directions anyway. :D

Archived