BG1 Tweak Pack

Guest grogerson

Update for you, Cam.

Thank you, plainab. Your code change for Loosen Item Restrictions for Multi- and Dual-Class Clerics and Druids appears to work fine. The BG2 Tweaks Identify All Items also appears to work in BG1. Sorry for taking so long to check it out.

glad to have helped out....

Now I've another quirk to investigate. Just as with the multiple spawn/repeating movie, this may be related to incompatible tweaks. This time descriptions for armor, and armor only, has disappeared. Allow Stealth and Allow Spellcasting, singly or together don't appear to do this.
Not exactly sure, what you're saying here. I've not seen a component that changes the armor descriptions outside of the stealth and spell casting components. Are you saying that you've lost your armor descriptions all together except when you've modified them with the allow thief actions and spell casting components? If that is the case, perhaps you had the mod installed and then made a tp2 change that adjusted the number of mod components which then offset the stealth/spell casting components by one or two. Should that have happened the mod would not have been properly uninstalled, leaving you with modified files pointing to non-existant dialog.tlk strings. You could try a complete uninstall of the mod and then restore you override folder by A) replacing with you backup copy or B) uninstall/reinstall the game....
...If that is the case, perhaps you had the mod installed and then made a tp2 change that adjusted the number of mod components which then offset the stealth/spell casting components by one or two. Should that have happened the mod would not have been properly uninstalled, leaving you with modified files pointing to non-existant dialog.tlk strings...

Maybe that's what happened. I'll have to keep that in mind in the future. Maybe that's what happened to my previous install as well, where chapter 7 movies kept repeating.

Playing through again, with a clean "clone" and the current tweak pack setup. I need to check out the No Traps or Locks completely, as well as Identify All. So far, both are working good...

First, nicely done. ;) I'm looking into your docs and seeing what can be done; from them it appears we've got these problems:

I'd suspect that this would probably not be doable at all (or with major rewrites), which is why I didn't bother trying for IWD Tweak. The problem isn't with StartDialogueNoSet, but with the target object LastSummonerOf(Myself). LastCommandedBy(Myself) may work, but we'd still need to go through the .d file and purge all of the nonexistent avatar options (no gnome or half-orc avatars in BG). To test it we'd need to change 0ikmorph.bcs to

IF
 HotKey(S)
 CombatCounter(0)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
ReallyForceSpellRES("IKMorph",Myself)
END

IF
 HotKey(S)
 !CombatCounter(0)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
DisplayString(Myself,@0)
END

We'd need to test and see if LastCommandedBy will work in place of LastSummonerOf, and we need to purge the half-orc and gnome options from ikmorph.d. If LastCommandedBy doesn't work, we're SOL.

Commoners Use Drab Colors

Commoners set their color values directly in their creature files. We could try changing the component to a creature regexp and changing the colors of anyone with a common name of commoners (peasant, commoner, townsfolk, etc.). Wouldn't be quite as inclusive, but it'd be a start.

Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor

Like the Avatar Morphing Script, it's probably more trouble than it's worth to try and get this working. It's probably trying to change characters wearing robes or armor to an invalid avatar value, causing the crash. It'll also never work sans TotSC because it requires a lot of EFFs.

Breakable Non-Magical Shields, Armor and Helms

The opcodes we need for this to work (Cast Spell on Condition) are not available in BG, nor is there any other way of which I can think to make these happen.

Multi-Player Kick-Out Dialogs

Try using this as multig.d:

BEGIN ~MULTIG~

// this is what we say if we are kicked out and waiting around
IF ~Global("Waiting","LOCALS",1)
!InParty(Myself)~ THEN BEGIN wait SAY #7817
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY @103002 DO ~SetGlobal("Waiting","LOCALS",0)
						   JoinParty()~ EXIT
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY @103004 EXIT
END

// this is what we say when we were just recently kicked out
IF ~Global("Waiting","LOCALS",0)
!InParty(Myself)~ THEN BEGIN left SAY @103003 // It has been a pleasure adventuring with you. Well met, and farewell.
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY @103004 DO ~SetGlobal("Waiting","LOCALS",1)~ EXIT // wait here
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY @103002 DO ~JoinParty()~ EXIT	// "Please rejoin the party."
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY @103001 DO ~SetGlobal("Waiting","LOCALS",1)
											   RunAwayFromNoInterrupt([PC],2) 
											   LeaveAreaLUA("AR2301","",[311.715],14)~ EXIT // FAI

END

// how did we ever get here?
IF ~InParty(Myself)
Gender(Myself,MALE)~ THEN BEGIN boy SAY #11082
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

// how did we ever get here?
IF ~InParty(Myself)
Gender(Myself,FEMALE)~ THEN BEGIN girl SAY #11119
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

Purge this from the tp2:

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~cdb01030.g3~ THEN BEGIN

COMPILE ~BG1Tweaks/dlg/multibgt.d~

END

Now, two problems: I don't know if the LeaveAreaLUA will work to actually move the character to FAI. The other problem is there is no way to do AreaChecks in BG, so you could send players to the FAI from Werewolf Isle and other silly places. You could work around that by appending to all area scripts and setting tracking variables to determine if FAI is accessible, but it would be a lot of changes.

Reveal City Maps

I suspect MYAREA isn't being recognized by the scripts. Try this in place of all those EXTEND_BOTTOMs (including the Ulgoth's Beard one):

ACTION_FOR_EACH ~area_script~ IN ~ar0100~
							 ~ar0200~
							 ~ar0300~
							 ~ar0600~
							 ~ar0700~
							 ~ar0800~
							 ~ar1000~
							 ~ar1100~
							 ~ar1200~
							 ~ar1300~
							 ~ar2600~
							 ~ar2626~
							 ~ar3300~
							 ~ar4800~ BEGIN

ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME EVALUATE_BUFFER ~%area_script%.bcs~) THEN BEGIN

COPY_EXISTING ~%area_script%.bcs~ ~override~
  DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
	APPEND_FILE ~BG1Tweaks/baf/reveal.baf~
	REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~MYAREA~ ~%SOURCE_RES%~
  COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS
  BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

END

END

If this doesn't work, we can use GLOBAL var scope and change the variable names instead.

Two-Handed Bastard Swords

What's not working here? The code seems to be working fine.

Universal Clubs

Change the C_E_R to this:

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.itm$~ ~override~
 READ_ASCII 0x22 "anim" (2)
 PATCH_IF ("%anim%" STRING_COMPARE_CASE "CL" = 0) BEGIN // club
READ_BYTE 0x1f "fighter"
PATCH_IF (("%fighter%" BAND "0b00001000") = "0b00000000") BEGIN // if usable by single-class fighter
  READ_BYTE  0x20 "mage"
  WRITE_BYTE 0x20 ("%mage%" BAND "0b11111011")
END
 END
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Unlike BG2, clubs don't have their own item category so this will modify anything that uses the club icon on the character. Not quite airtight, but best we can do.

clasweap.2da doesn't need to be modified, so that chunk of code can be dropped.

Description Updates for Universal Clubs Component

Is Root of the Problem a TotSC-only item? At any rate, update the strings in description_updates.tra to:

@202102 = ~Most clubs are stout, hardwood sticks, narrow at the grip and wider at the end.  This simple weapon has been used since mankind first began using tools.  Anyone can find a good stout piece of wood and swing it; hence the club's widespread use.

STATISTICS:

Damage:  1D6
Damage type:  crushing
Weight: 3
Speed Factor: 4
Proficiency Type: Blunt Weapons
Type:  1-handed~
@202103 = ~Club +1 (+3 versus unnatural creatures) : 'The Root of the Problem':
This enchanted club is said to have existed since the time of the fall of Netheril and the birth of the great Anauroch Desert. While the toll on civilization was great, the true victims of this age were nature's creatures, condemned to stand and watch as their homes decayed and died. As habitats receded, those that remained were invaded by displaced hordes of creatures, the more impatient of which marched on unspoiled land taking whatever they wished. This particular weapon is said to have come from a dryad's tree, a final gift to nature's cause from a woodland spirit that could not hold back the invaders of her land. Hers was a bittersweet pain, as her wood might not have suffered so if it had not been so strong and lush. Less respecting scholars have since bestowed the item's ironic name, though the humor is not appreciated among nature's more devout followers.

STATISTICS:

Damage:  1D6 +1 (+3 vs. unnatural creatures)
THAC0:  +1 (+3 vs. unnatural creatures)
Damage type:  crushing
Weight: 3
Speed Factor: 3
Proficiency Type: Blunt Weapons
Type:  1-handed~

This will make them match their existing BG descriptions instead of their BG2 ones.

For the tp2, change the copy of blun10.itm to this:

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~blun10.itm~ THEN BEGIN

COPY_EXISTING ~blun10.itm~ ~override~
SAY IDENTIFIED_DESC @202103
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

END

Have to roll, will tackle the rest when I get back.

Change Experience Point Cap

The rules in the BG2 version of this are extended to the hardcoded level limit of 50--do we know if BG has the same limit? At any rate we can extend it as far as we need.

Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level

Like IWD, this component won't work.

Shopkeepers Have Limited Identification Ability

This seems to be working. Any further info?

Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent (and associated Description Updates)

The hamm04.itm error is probably because it's a TotSC item. More importantly, though, this component is pointless for BG. The creatures that can only be hit by special weapons use the flags on the items (cold iron, magical, etc.), not the enchantment level, for protection.

Druids Use Cleric Level and Spell Progression

Seems to work for me.

Loosen Item Restrictions for Multi- and Dual-Class Clerics and Druids

Change the clasweap.2da patch to this:

// now to do the same with the prof charts...
COPY_EXISTING ~clasweap.2da~ ~override~
 FOR (col = 1; col < 9; col = col + 1) BEGIN
READ_2DA_ENTRY  0 col 9 "mage"
READ_2DA_ENTRY  1 col 9 "fighter"
READ_2DA_ENTRY  3 col 9 "thief"
READ_2DA_ENTRY  7 col 9 "ranger"
PATCH_IF ("%fighter%" = 1) BEGIN
  SET_2DA_ENTRY  9 col 9 ~1~ // fc
  SET_2DA_ENTRY 15 col 9 ~1~ // fd
END
PATCH_IF ("%mage%" = 1) BEGIN
  SET_2DA_ENTRY 13 col 9 ~1~ // cm
END
PATCH_IF ("%thief%" = 1) BEGIN
  SET_2DA_ENTRY 14 col 9 ~1~ // ct
END
PATCH_IF ("%ranger%" = 1) BEGIN
  SET_2DA_ENTRY 17 col 9 ~1~ // cr
END
PATCH_IF (("%fighter%" + "%mage%") > 0) BEGIN
  SET_2DA_ENTRY 16 col 9 ~1~ // fmc
END
 END
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Long story short, it was expecting more columns.

Maximum HP Creatures

The library is reading the class from the wrong offset. Open up max_hp_creatures.tpa in the lib folder and change this line:

READ_BYTE 0x2db "class"  // corresponds to values in class.ids

to this

READ_BYTE 0x273 "class"  // corresponds to values in class.ids

Identify All Items

Like Max HP Creatures, it's looking at the wrong offsets for info. I'm guessing you based these off their IWD versions; it uses a different creature structure and the offsets are different. Change these two lines:

READ_LONG 0x324 "itm_off" ELSE 0
READ_LONG 0x328 "itm_num" ELSE 0

to this

READ_LONG 0x2bc "itm_off" ELSE 0
READ_LONG 0x2c0 "itm_num" ELSE 0

Make Khalid a Fighter-Mage

One warning here--BG handles joinable NPCs much differently than BG2. It may be that you wouldn't see changes here unless you started an entirely new game, not just if you haven't met him yet.

Thanks for the help.

I've changed the codes for:

- Multi-Player Kick-Out Dialogs

- - - One question, I'm assuming @103003 is ~It has been a pleasure adventuring with you. Well met, and farewell.~, but what should @103004 be? I've nothing to work from, even in BG2.

- Reveal City Maps

- - - Do I repeat the same code for ar1500.are (Ulgoth's Beard), or is that included?

- Universal Clubs (and descriptions component)

- Max HP Creatures

- Identify All Items

- - - plainab noticed the same thing you did. It's working fine now.

- Loosen Item Restrictions for Multi- and Dual-Class Clerics and Druids

- - - plainab gave a slightly different code above, and it appears to be working. I'll give this one a try as well.

I presume you'd like to drop the following components?

- Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor

- Breakable Non-Magical Shields, Armor and Helms

- Cast Spells From Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level

- Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent

I'll comment out Commoners Use Drab Colors for now.

I'll retry Shopkeepers Have Limited Ability to Identify and Two-Handed Bastard Swords. The former didn't appear to work for me, and the latter didn't change the weapon. Muddling through this, as I am, I may have missed something...

The problem I have with Druids Use Cleric Level and Spell Progression is that the level progression doesn't change unless I have Change XP Cap: Remove Completely installed. I'll retry this one as well.

- Multi-Player Kick-Out Dialogs

- - - One question, I'm assuming @103003 is ~It has been a pleasure adventuring with you. Well met, and farewell.~, but what should @103004 be? I've nothing to work from, even in BG2.

Heh, whoops. Here they are:

@103003 = ~It has been a pleasure adventuring with you. Well met, and farewell.~
@103004 = ~You will have to wait here. I have no room for you at the moment.~

- Reveal City Maps

- - - Do I repeat the same code for ar1500.are (Ulgoth's Beard), or is that included?

Ulgoth's Beard is ar1000, and it's included in the main block. ar1500 is Balduran's Isle.

I presume you'd like to drop the following components?

- Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor

- Breakable Non-Magical Shields, Armor and Helms

- Cast Spells From Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level

- Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent

Yep. It's a shame, because that second one would be pretty nifty. It may be worthwhile to check out how BGT does it--IIRC they used scripting to handle their breakage and it may be adaptable to BG.

Thanks for the response. I'll add the two lines to the Setup.tra.

Will the Reveal City Areas component still work if ar1000.are isn't installed, as in BG without TotSC? Or will there have to be some exception clause?

Yeh, the Breakable Shields, Armor and Helms component would have been nice, as would Commoners Use Drab Colors. I'll just DEPRECATE these two for now, in case someone (I or someone else) can come up with something. The other three I'll just remove.

I've installed the fixed components, though not tested them yet. Two didn't install...

Install Component [Avatar Morphing Script]?

nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?

Installing [Avatar Morphing Script]

Compiling 1 dialogue file and 2 scripts ...

[bG1Tweaks/languages/english/ikmorph.TRA] has 43 translation strings

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [O:\CD5\/DATA/DEFAULT.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [O:\CD4\/DATA/DEFAULT.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [O:\CD3\/DATA/DEFAULT.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [O:\CD2\/DATA/DEFAULT.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [O:\CD1\/DATA/DEFAULT.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [f:\black isle\bg1 only\/DATA/DEFAULT.BIF]

[f:\black isle\bg1 only\/DATA/DEFAULT.BIF] 430794 bytes, 152 files, 0 tilesets

[bG1Tweaks/baf/ikmorph.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 5 column 47-47

Near Text: )

[startDialogueNoSet] not found in ACTION.IDS

[bG1Tweaks/baf/ikmorph.baf] ERROR at line 5 column 47-47

Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: parsing [bG1Tweaks/baf/ikmorph.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: error compiling [bG1Tweaks/baf/ikmorph.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: compiling [bG1Tweaks/baf/ikmorph.baf]!

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Avatar Morphing Script], rolling back to previous state

[bG1Tweaks/backup/20/UNSETSTR.20] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

Will uninstall 0 files for [bG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2] component 20.

Uninstalled 0 files for [bG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2] component 20.

ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

PLEASE email the file SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.DEBUG to webmaster@gibberlings.net

Using Language [English]

[English] has 2 top-level TRA files

[bG1Tweaks/languages/english/description_updates.tra] has 12 translation strings

[bG1Tweaks/languages/english/setup.tra] has 117 translation strings

Install Component [Make Khalid a Fighter-Mage (Domi)]?

Installing [Make Khalid a Fighter-Mage (Domi)]

Copying and patching 1 file ...

[./override/khalid2.cre] loaded, 1216 bytes

ERROR: illegal 4045-byte read from offset 164 of 1216-byte file khalid2.cre

ERROR: illegal 4045-byte read from offset 164 of 1216-byte file khalid2.cre

ERROR: [khalid2.cre] -> [override/cdb04060.g3] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("khalid2.cre: read out of bounds"))

ERROR Installing [Make Khalid a Fighter-Mage (Domi)], rolling back to previous state

[bG1Tweaks/backup/4060/UNSETSTR.4060] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

Will uninstall 0 files for [bG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2] component 4060.

Uninstalled 0 files for [bG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2] component 4060.

I should be able to check the others out later.

Update on Tweaks.

Multi-Player Kick-Out Dialog - works with one NPC only (I created 3 NPCs)

Reveal City Maps - Working

Two Handed Bastard Swords - Working, the avatar shows a 1-handed weapon, but the paper doll shows a 2-handed and you can't ready a shield

Universal Clubs - Working, with description updates

Druids Use Cleric Level and Spell Progression - Spell progression works, but level progression doesn't change with level 20, 30 or 40 rules, Remove Completely hasn't been tested yet

Maximum HP Creatures - Working

Shopkeepers Have Limited Identification Ability - not tested yet

Druids Use Cleric Spell and Level Progression - Works only with Change Experience Point Cap: Remove Completely, or without the Change Experience Point Cap component. Level 20, 30 and 40 rules don't change the druid level progression.

The following components are untested, but installed without problems:

Shopkeepers Have Limited Identification Ability

Add Save Penalties for Spells Cast by High-Level Casters

Adjust Evil Joinable NPC Reactions

The first will be easy enough to test, but the other two...

I've run into a problem, but I don't know if this is tweak related or something else. I've a druid that can dual to thief, a cleric and can't dual, and a fighter that can dual to mage, all human. The problem is that the dual option appears for both druid and cleric, but not for the fighter.. Stupid me... Seems the fighter's strength was too low. 15 minimum in the first class primary stat is required to dual. The fighter had 10 strength, but the cleric had 18 wisdom...

I'm going to start testing the tweaks on a TotSC install now, starting with all Cosmetic and Content tweaks. As expected, the Avatar Morphing Script failed.

Install Component [Avatar Morphing Script]?

Installing [Avatar Morphing Script]

Compiling 1 dialogue file and 2 scripts ...

[bG1Tweaks/languages/english/ikmorph.TRA] has 43 translation strings

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [O:\CD6\/DATA/DEFAULT.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [O:\CD5\/DATA/DEFAULT.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [O:\CD4\/DATA/DEFAULT.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [O:\CD3\/DATA/DEFAULT.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [O:\CD2\/DATA/DEFAULT.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [O:\CD1\/DATA/DEFAULT.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [f:\black isle\bg1 totsc testing\/DATA/DEFAULT.BIF]

[f:\black isle\bg1 totsc testing\/DATA/DEFAULT.BIF] 451093 bytes, 181 files, 0 tilesets

[bG1Tweaks/languages/english/0ikmorph.TRA] has 2 translation strings

[bG1Tweaks/baf/0ikmorph.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 31 column 18-18

[CombatCounter] not found in TRIGGER.IDS

[bG1Tweaks/baf/0ikmorph.baf] ERROR at line 31 column 18-18

Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: parsing [bG1Tweaks/baf/0ikmorph.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: error compiling [bG1Tweaks/baf/0ikmorph.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: compiling [bG1Tweaks/baf/0ikmorph.baf]!

ERROR Installing [Avatar Morphing Script], rolling back to previous state

[bG1Tweaks/backup/20/UNSETSTR.20] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

Will uninstall 1 files for [bG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2] component 20.

Uninstalled 1 files for [bG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2] component 20.

BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2 0 10 Installed ~Remove Helmet Animations~

ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

PLEASE email the file SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.DEBUG to webmaster@gibberlings.net

Using Language [English]

[English] has 2 top-level TRA files

[bG1Tweaks/languages/english/description_updates.tra] has 8 translation strings

[bG1Tweaks/languages/english/setup.tra] has 112 translation strings

Is this one still an option, Cam? Or should it be removed?

I've removed the REQUIRE_PREDICATE line from Gems and Potions Require Identification. It's kinda useless since it installs before Identify All Items. It might be better served to have a warning appear before installing the latter if the first is detected.

And would you be kind enough to provide some code for the Restore Friendly Arm Inn Hidden Container tweak so the install skips if TotSC is present? As far as I'm aware, all TotSC versions have it. The question is only with non-TotSC versions (1.1.4315/4320 definitely had it removed). Ascension64 says the tweak's coded to check for the container's presence, and skip it if found.

[bG1Tweaks/baf/0ikmorph.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 31 column 18-18

[CombatCounter] not found in TRIGGER.IDS

CombatCounter() isn't a valid script trigger in BG1. Presumably, you could rewrite it to work without that (dunno why you'd be changing avatars mid-combat anyway - it's not like you're getting any shapeshifting bonuses from it). You'd also have to lose any references to avatars that don't exist in BG1 (half-orcs, monks, etc.).
And would you be kind enough to provide some code for the Restore Friendly Arm Inn Hidden Container tweak so the install skips if TotSC is present? ... Ascension64 says the tweak's coded to check for the container's presence, and skip it if found.
Given the latter, the former isn't necessary. If you want a redundant check though, it's:
ACTION_IF NOT(FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~ar2003.are~) THEN BEGIN
 BLAH_BLAH_BLAH //non-TotSC code goes here
END

So far, so good on the TotSC install testing. I even managed to kill the bug between Druids Use Cleric Level and Spell Progression and Change Experience Point Cap. I've also changed Bards, Paladins and Rangers Use IWD-HoW Spell Progression to remove bards - the bard table is the same as the un-nerfed bard table, only capped at level 30.

So far I've checked all Cosmetic Changes (Avatar Morphing Script failed to install), all Content Changes (no problems), all Rule Changes (Shopkeepers Have Limited Identification Ability and Add Save Penalties for Spells Cast by High-Level Casters are untested), and all Joinable NPC Tweaks (Adjust Evil Joinable NPC Reactions is untested, Make Khalid a Fighter-Mage failed to install). Tonight it's on to the Convenience Tweaks and/or Cheats...

@ Cam - BG2 Tweaks Change XP Cap has some unnecessary code pointing to a deprecated tweak that was before it. That was part of my problem. You might want to clean that up sometime.

@ Miloch/plainab - If you haven't done so already, I noticed a problem with the xplevel.2da for druids begining at around level 13 that needs fixing.

Will the Reveal City Areas component still work if ar1000.are isn't installed, as in BG without TotSC? Or will there have to be some exception clause?

There's a clause to check for file existence built into the main patch now, so it doesn't need TotSC-less proofing.

Yeh, the Breakable Shields, Armor and Helms component would have been nice, as would Commoners Use Drab Colors. I'll just DEPRECATE these two for now, in case someone (I or someone else) can come up with something. The other three I'll just remove.

Again, BGT's implementation would probably work, though it won't be as seamless as the default mechanism for weapons breakage. If I'm not mistaken, they extend the dplayer scripts with checks for being struck by weapons, with a weighted response to destroy shield/armor/helmet on 1 out of 100 hits (or whatever it is). I believe there's also an optional tweak to have breakage go away after you resolve the Nashkel Mines situation.

I've installed the fixed components, though not tested them yet. Two didn't install...

Odd. My BG install is the 3-CD Original Saga, and SDNS is in action.ids, and the IESDP lists it as a valid action for BG. Try adding this to the tp2 before compilation and see what happens:

APPEND ~action.ids~ ~198 StartDialogueNoSet(O:Object*)~ UNLESS ~StartDialogueNoSet(O:Object\*)~

If it still doesn't work then replace SDNS with Dialogue(). For CombatCounter(), best replacement we could use would probably be something like !See([ENEMY]).

I'll have to take a closer look at FM Khalid.

Multi-Player Kick-Out Dialog - works with one NPC only (I created 3 NPCs)

Vanilla BG or TotSC? Probably need to do some hacky NumTimesTalkedTo() workaround anyway for non-TotSC games (no LOCALS :) ).

Two Handed Bastard Swords - Working, the avatar shows a 1-handed weapon, but the paper doll shows a 2-handed and you can't ready a shield

Will check.

Archived