Calin sex scene

Kitanna

I like the suggestion of steam with room to fill in my own blanks towards the end. The build up that sets a tone is far more enjoyable to play than anything spelled out to the last detail. Unless I'm in total control. Yes, I admit to seeing how far I could push poor Bjornin :)

Edited because finishing a thought is always a good thing.

Maybe a little racy, but not too explicit. I've already seen content in some romance mods that's more graphic than I'd prefer.

It might be good for a romance mod install to include options for how "steamy" the player would like the content to be.

There's a couple coppers for ya :)

- E

I was thinking about that too but, being very new to this....I'm not sure how that works. If you choose to omit the steamy stuff, certain parts get omitted from the dialogue but how? And how exactly would you go about doing it? I just want to write it so that people enjoy it and you have a valid point. What some find too graphic, others seem to like. It's worth looking into and see if I can figure out how it all works. Thanks :)

Not being a modder (and I hope that doesn't invalidate my input :) ), but having some familiarity with mods in play, I suppose an efficient way to handle this is to have the dialog unfold as it already does, driven by player response. You can give the player the choice of how far to take the scene, based on responses. That's probably a lot less work for the mod's creator than to write entire sections based on whether or not the player wants it to be explicit.

- E

Not being a modder (and I hope that doesn't invalidate my input :) ), but having some familiarity with mods in play, I suppose an efficient way to handle this is to have the dialog unfold as it already does, driven by player response. You can give the player the choice of how far to take the scene, based on responses. That's probably a lot less work for the mod's creator than to write entire sections based on whether or not the player wants it to be explicit.

- E

Very true. It seems alot easier than trying to figure out how to set up adult content as a seperate install. Which is why I asked how that is done, I haven't a clue without researching it. Definately worth exploring, thank you for the advice/ideas. I appreciate it.

I kept the main romance PG-13 and had the flirts as a separate component. Somebody doesn't want the... detail... just don't install the flirts.

Yes, I know but I love Gavin and couldn't resist the flirts :)

And I thought about that option too but, I havent found a tutorial or any post of how to do that. Maybe you know of one that would help me learn how? Unless of course it's the same method as BG1. If that's the case I can look through Gavin's folder to see how it's done?

For me, if I love the character, it really doesn't matter, and if I dislike the character, I'd feel uncomfortable about his sexual scenes, no matter how 'adult' or 'teen' they are.

I appreciate Kelsey, and I like his "colorful warm water", too. I like Coran, and I like all steamy Coran scenes. I'm totally in love with Diriel, and it's really hard to me to imagine what Domi must write so I'd be uncomfortable with it.

On the other hand, yeah, my only reaction to Tsujatha's "wetness under" and "forcing his head between" is a firm "Ewww", but I don't think adult content is solely to blame: I don't enjoy Jaemal's scene of seduction, either, and it's rather innocent.

It's all about characters.

What I do with Ajantis BGII is make teen and adult romances a different install, so the player has the choice upon installing. (The "really, really silly" appraoch, from what berelinde said. :) ) For me, the thought of letting it develop via player responses lets my brain start smoking. How many times I picked answer options in the game that led to different reactions than I expected.. I don't think I would be able to write it so the player knows from the reply options how far it goes. berelinde's example was nice, but hey, in the dark I could imagine steamy things, too...

I think the way I am doing it it's doable: During install, if the player chooses "adult romance" all what happens is that a script block will get compiled that in the game sets a variable "xxAdultRomance" to 1 ("xx" stands for my personal prefix, which is not xx. Just to prevent questions.)

In the dialogues, I go different paths depending on whether the variable is set to 1 or to 0. Sometimes, the teen content means the flirt will be over sooner, while the adult content proceeds, sometimes the different paths seperate earlier in the dialogue, leading to more writing work, but I think it's worth it.

At least this way no-one can complain if he gets adult scenes. Not intending to raise any exspectations, of course. :)

Wow, Jastey, you're actually doing that? That's a lot more work! But it's definitely the most optimal way to handle it, because it gives the player the most control over what goes into the game.

My way is OK, as far as it goes, but your way allows the player to have flirts, too.

Kitanna, when you get a little more comfortable with tp2 code, you can look at Gavin's tp2 for how to make the flirts an optional install. For now, when you're just getting your feet wet, the easiest thing to do is just keep them in a separate file.

I've got the lovetalks in one file, B!GavinLovetalks.d in the Romance folder, and the flirts in another, B!GavinFlirts.d in the Flirts folder.

After that, it's

BEGIN ~Romance (mature content)~

COMPILE ~Gavin/Romance/B!GavinLovetalks.d~

BEGIN ~Flirts (adult content)~

COMPILE ~Gavin/Flirts/B!GavinFlirts.d~

Whenever you've got BEGIN in the tp2, it counts as a separate component, and the player can decide to install it or not. The important thing is to keep player-initiated flirts at the absolute end of the tp2, so they get compiled last, no matter what.

But don't go killing yourself over this quite yet. One step at a time.

I loved Gavin's steamy, berelinde! I also loved how you left me a lot of room in how to respond to it all.

Tsujatha's romance turned me off, not because of the explicit nature of its content, but because I felt like the preservation of his creator's view of his character was more important than my PC's. At least that's all I felt the dialog options allowed.

Steamy/Adult is my preference.

I really liked the way berelinde wrote the flirts for Gavin. Lots of options for the, particular, PC to express herself. Also I liked the way the standard talks and progression of the romance was more detailed than vanilla BioWare romances.

Yay, to what Jastey is going to do for Ajantis!! (The extra/mammoth effort is appreciated. :) )

I'd say steamy is fine, and you can probably go quite far in what you want to do for the "adult" version of the mod. What I'm planning to do is take my steamy flirts (even the ones walked into by the players) and cut them off early for the non adult version of the romance, with either an NPC comment, a slight decriptive change or just fading to black that bit earlier. I figure it's minimal additional writing and should cover all the bases.

What I do with Ajantis BGII is make teen and adult romances a different install, so the player has the choice upon installing. (The "really, really silly" appraoch, from what berelinde said. :) ) For me, the thought of letting it develop via player responses lets my brain start smoking. How many times I picked answer options in the game that led to different reactions than I expected.. I don't think I would be able to write it so the player knows from the reply options how far it goes. berelinde's example was nice, but hey, in the dark I could imagine steamy things, too...

I think the way I am doing it it's doable: During install, if the player chooses "adult romance" all what happens is that a script block will get compiled that in the game sets a variable "xxAdultRomance" to 1 ("xx" stands for my personal prefix, which is not xx. Just to prevent questions.)

In the dialogues, I go different paths depending on whether the variable is set to 1 or to 0. Sometimes, the teen content means the flirt will be over sooner, while the adult content proceeds, sometimes the different paths seperate earlier in the dialogue, leading to more writing work, but I think it's worth it.

At least this way no-one can complain if he gets adult scenes. Not intending to raise any exspectations, of course. :)

I see what you're saying and wow! It is a bit more writing but it opens up alot of possibilites! That way, like Berelinde said, the PC still has flirts and it's seems easier for people to choose what they want to see. You're making it very hard to wait for Ajantis :)

Wow, Jastey, you're actually doing that? That's a lot more work! But it's definitely the most optimal way to handle it, because it gives the player the most control over what goes into the game.

My way is OK, as far as it goes, but your way allows the player to have flirts, too.

Kitanna, when you get a little more comfortable with tp2 code, you can look at Gavin's tp2 for how to make the flirts an optional install. For now, when you're just getting your feet wet, the easiest thing to do is just keep them in a separate file.

I've got the lovetalks in one file, B!GavinLovetalks.d in the Romance folder, and the flirts in another, B!GavinFlirts.d in the Flirts folder.

After that, it's

BEGIN ~Romance (mature content)~

COMPILE ~Gavin/Romance/B!GavinLovetalks.d~

BEGIN ~Flirts (adult content)~

COMPILE ~Gavin/Flirts/B!GavinFlirts.d~

Whenever you've got BEGIN in the tp2, it counts as a separate component, and the player can decide to install it or not. The important thing is to keep player-initiated flirts at the absolute end of the tp2, so they get compiled last, no matter what.

But don't go killing yourself over this quite yet. One step at a time.

Ok I see what your saying, you don't have to put the flirts in the J file if you don't want to. When you say absolutely last, do you mean after this part or before?

APPEND ~pdialog.2da~

~KKCalin KKCalinP KKCalinJ KKCalinD KKCal25P KKCal25J KKCal25D KKCal25~

UNLESS ~KKCalin~

APPEND ~interdia.2da~

~KKCalin KKCalinB KKCalB25~

UNLESS ~KKCalin~

Archived