NPC portrait mod?

Guest guest

Does there exist a mod that adds portraits to BG2 NPCs which do not have portraits? I'm looking for something similar to the "Add portraits to non-joinable NPCS in quests and dialogues" option from BG1NPC, except for BG2. Those pictures, though little, made character interaction much more fun in BG1.

Does there exist a mod that adds portraits to BG2 NPCs which do not have portraits? I'm looking for something similar to the "Add portraits to non-joinable NPCS in quests and dialogues" option from BG1NPC, except for BG2. Those pictures, though little, made character interaction much more fun in BG1.

There is indeed a mod for BGII that does this, or at least is supposed to (haven't paid enough attention due to focus on other issues). I don't recall which of those I've installed includes that feature, so I'll dig a bit for it :)

Happy gaming,

Eric

Adding portraits to minor non-joinable NPCs is how the mod I have describes it. That's not the main focus of the mod, though, but rather a small option among other options. Someone might mention it before I find the time to look through documentation and find it, but I know I have it somewhere :)

- E

Adding portraits to minor non-joinable NPCs is how the mod I have describes it. That's not the main focus of the mod, though, but rather a small option among other options. Someone might mention it before I find the time to look through documentation and find it, but I know I have it somewhere :)

- E

Thanks for looking for it Eric!

Found it! :)

Beyond The Law: Kova & Kiyone is the name of the mod that includes portraits for minor non-joinable NPCs. There may be one or more other mods that also do this, but that's the one I have that does it.

Dizzyorange, and whoever else wanted to know, you're very welcome :)

- Eric

If someone could get me a list from the game via weidu (or any other way!) of all the creatures with dialog files and their gender and race I can have a go at providing protraits for all creatures from the collections I've put together over the years.

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.cre$~ ~override~
PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x2d3) THEN BEGIN
 READ_STRREF 0x8 name
 READ_BYTE 0x237 sex
 LOOKUP_IDS_SYMBOL_OF_INT gender_text ~gender~ sex
 READ_BYTE 0x272 race
 LOOKUP_IDS_SYMBOL_OF_INT race_text ~gender~ race
 READ_ASCII 0x2cc dialog
 PATCH_PRINT ~creature=%SOURCE_RES%, name=%name%, gender=%gender_text%, race=%race_text%, dialog=%dialog%~
END
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

I can't check how it works right now, but it should be fine. The output is in the debug. Gambatte kudasai=)

If someone could get me a list from the game via weidu (or any other way!) of all the creatures with dialog files and their gender and race I can have a go at providing protraits for all creatures from the collections I've put together over the years.
Check out the CRE lister in my signature (I believe the original post was yours :)).

That's nice, definately worth incorporating. My intention was to include a portrait for every single creature you talk to in BG2, correct me if anyone else was under another impression.

I usually try to include portraits for all nj-npc's in anything I put together so I've collected quite a lot over time...even portraits that would suit standard commoners.

Archived