looking for BG1 for mac

Tarayani

I'm trying introduce my boyfriend to the awesomeness of Baldur's Gate, now that the term is almost, almost over (1 more day, thank hells…), but he has an older Mac iBook G4 OS 10.3 so he can't install Leopard and use BootCamp capabilities. I've searched Amazon, Ebay, the site of that company (which I've forgotten the name of) that initially made the Mac version of BG1, and .torrent databases (>_>), and haven't been able to find it. Being an ignorant PC/Linux user myself, I don't know where else to look to find it.

If anyone knows or has any ideas, that would be fantastic…

I'm trying introduce my boyfriend to the awesomeness of Baldur's Gate, now that the term is almost, almost over (1 more day, thank hells…), but he has an older Mac iBook G4 OS 10.3 so he can't install Leopard and use BootCamp capabilities. I've searched Amazon, Ebay, the site of that company (which I've forgotten the name of) that initially made the Mac version of BG1, and .torrent databases (>_>), and haven't been able to find it. Being an ignorant PC/Linux user myself, I don't know where else to look to find it.

If anyone knows or has any ideas, that would be fantastic…

Truth be told, I don't think you will..

My second best recommendation would be to try and find the iso/dmg images through bittorrent or emule, let's just say the illegal sources ;-)

that's kind of what I figured -- any ideas of what to type into the search bar? "baldur's gate" mac just turns up BGII

I found one compatibility program, Virtual PC 7 from Microsoft, which emulates a full PC.

Fortunely, Virtual PC 7 from Microsoft doesn't require a intel-based PC. You can find it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/virt...x?pid=virtualpc

I don't know how it perfoms since I don't own a mac, but you can give it a try.

http://www.amazon.com/Graphic-Simulations-...173&sr=8-40

What's wrong with this? They have TotSC too. Overpriced, I guess...but it does exist, *legally*. :)

that listing wasn't there when I checked in December, thanks for the find! but, yeah, I'd rather not spend $80…blargh

I think I'll just wait until he gets a new computer with Leopard and installs Windows via bootcamp, since neither of will probably have enough time to be gaming until whenever that is anyway. *hates overwhelming amounts of classwork*

That would be awesome, Azazello!

(aaaand back to physics)

Archived