Elemental Summons

Guest Covdrummer

Guest Covdrummer

hey guys, ive got a bit of a problem and ive been told someone here could be able to help me.

Ive noticed that when i bring forth elemental summons from the druid spells(not sure if this makes a difference) and im hit by an enemy spell like sunfire/fireball the elementals react as if i was the person who cast it and turn hostile against me. It doesnt happen to the efreeti or mordorkein swords that i have summoned at the same time. Its just the elemental summons that i have noticed, i did have a wyvern summoned at the same time but as it died im not sure its affect on that.

ive got the patch and fixpack installed, ive got pretty much all of the fixpack installed apart from a couple of the optional but cool components as far as im aware.

any help would be great, cheers

Covdrummer

Just Fixpack and no other mods?

The script that druidic Fire and Earth Elementals run will send them hostile if damaged by someone with a green circle but they shouldn't go hostile if an enemy attacks them.

We may or may not want to think about replacing their wtasight.bcs with something more like the promised "obey until slain" clause in the spell description.

Guest Covdrummer

ive got the kivan mod, tashia mod and the banterpack installed as well as the fixpack. didnt think they affected creature patterns so didnt mention them before, sorry if they make a big difference.

From Covdrummer's post it sounds like if he hits his own elemental summons with a Fireball or Sunfire it turns them hostile. I'd agree with replacing their wtasight.bcs with something that makes them behave as advertised.

That's one of the reasons I was asking, I didn't read

im hit by an enemy spell
as friendly fire.

In any case, none of those mods ought to matter, so it's probably moot :crazyeyes:

It's an unpleasant majority of summons who have wtasight.bcs only.

Guest Covdrummer

If its something that cant really be changed then it doesnt matter too much, ill just take the risk whenever i go into battle with an elemental summon- it adds to the drama of battle lol

Guest Covdrummer

Its the enemy that are casting the spell, not my party............unless its the efreeti doing it? just realised that could be a possibility

Guest Guest
It's probably the efreeti -- indeed, it could even have been the Efreeti's fireshield that's causing it to go hostile.

Am i missing something here or...surely fireshields would only hurt anything if the creature using one is attacked first?

Or have i got the wrong idea of how this spell works?...

Archived