Romance wishlist

Tam

Heh- strike the above... Haer'Dalis will duel with you for Aerie, so I guess he would duel with Anomen (or whoever else) for the PC as well.

Oh, yes. He might not even be jealous, but anything will do s excuse for a little coup-de-theatre, non? ;)

This has been discussed, but at the moment it's on my long list of things that might turn out to be too complicated to actually be worth doing. If I'm not completely mistaken, the duel over Aerie never actually takes place (she stays with the PC if he declines and leaves with Haer'Dalis if the PC agrees to the duel), but in this case, that kind of choice would of course have to be left to the player, which could lead to all kinds of complications. Not to mention that if Haer'Dalis challenges Anomen to a duel, he should do the same with a number of mod NPCs if and when we get to that stage...

What about protective? Will he say something when the PC is in major danger, like with Irenicus (spelling?)?

I hadn't thought about it, but at the later stages of the romance it might make sense, depending on which path you've been taking. It depends on whether it can be done without seeming strange or out of place, though, since it would most likely have to be done as interjections into existing dialogues (unless you want him to start talking after the battle has started; "Be careful, my raven. This evil wizard who's trying to kill us painfully as we speak does not wish us well, I fear").

(unless you want him to start talking after the battle has started; "Be careful, my raven. This evil wizard who's trying to kill us painfully as we speak does not wish us well, I fear").

Does this mean JPS, that Haer'Dalis will be keeping the 'My Raven' address in the mod? I hope so as it is part of my romance wish list. ;)

Although come to think of it, it is a rather dubious endearment. The comparison to birds that are carrion eaters. (although this fits in disturbingly well with the Bhaal, dead god of murder heritage perhaps.)

If I remember my Mythology correctly, the raven is usually associated with death and war, yet was also very intelligent, and often misunderstood. So actually the raven is a very good comparisan to a Bhaalspawn who is good, evil, or neutral. There's probably other similarities, but I can't think of any more big ones at this time.

Actually, the raven can be good or bad, or entirely indifferent.

As mentioned, there is them being carrion eaters, and portents of battle.

In Native American mythology, Raven is usually a trickster/creator god, but unlike Coyote, more benevolent to man.

In Norse mythology, Odin relied on Hugin and Munin (Thought and Memory) who brought him news of the world.

There are the Tengu of Japanese myth. Some good, some evil.

And there is a relation between the word 'ravenous' and 'raven'.

However, I could see Haer Dalis' having fun with the endearment on many levels.

Actually, the raven can be good or bad, or entirely indifferent.

As mentioned, there is them being carrion eaters, and portents of battle.

In Native American mythology, Raven is usually a trickster/creator god, but unlike Coyote, more benevolent to man.

In Norse mythology, Odin relied on Hugin and Munin (Thought and Memory) who brought him news of the world.

There are the Tengu of Japanese myth. Some good, some evil.

And there is a relation between the word 'ravenous' and 'raven'.

However, I could see Haer Dalis' having fun with the endearment on many levels

Also the collective noun for a group of ravens is a unkindness of ravens...

summs up the actions of the Five doesn't it? (Alright so that's clutching at straws a little bit)

Guest Guest

Crows would be much more sinister...seeing as the five will become a 'murder'. (Of course that all depends if my sieve of a memory recalls correctly. :groucho: )

Uhm, wish I could contribute to the wishlist...but the romance itself is more than enough to make me giddy. Lookig forward to it!

Well actually I'm working on HD's half-sister. Barren mentioned this project in a PM to me at another board. Anyway, just wanted your team to know I stopped by and will be considering this project as I build her. You can find more on her here: http://www.houselokai.com/sudar.html

Yes, I saw your thread on the PPG forums and put it on my list of threads to be answered when I had something more to say than just general encouragement. But I never managed to think of anything, so here we go:

Looks interesting, good luck :(

I haven't made the final decision on how to deal with Haer'Dalis' sister in the romance yet, but as far as I recall, I haven't written anything that definitely wouldn't work if she was in the same party (i.e. no dialogues like "I haven't seen my sister since I left Sigil" or any blatant lies about his past that she might feel the need to comment on). I think we were discussing using her for the wraith encounter in ToB at some point but decided against it since all the other people who show up there seem to be dead and I didn't really feel like killing her for such a lame ecounter...

So there shouldn't be any direct incongruities, as far as I can tell.

Guest V. Lokai

Ah, excellent. I'm trying to think of keeping things as compatible as possible and with projects so closely related I was afraid of steam-rolling one or the other. I'll be checking back on your forum from time to time to see what's going on. I'm glad to have your support and obviously you have mine.

I think we were discussing using her for the wraith encounter in ToB at some point but decided against it since all the other people who show up there seem to be dead and I didn't really feel like killing her for such a lame ecounter...

Aerie's mom isn't dead, but rather claims to be. I think I remember that in one of Aerie's epilogues the you go meet her mother. However, I don't remember if that's an original epilogue or added buy the flirtpacks.

I think that the Master Wright plays with the NPC's fears and guilt and that it has absolutely no obligation to speak the truth. I don't know what you have planned for MW, but it will be interesting to see since guilt is something a CN character does not necessarily have a very good grasp on.

Aerie's mom isn't dead, but rather claim's to be. I think I remember that in one of Aerie's epilogues the you go meet her mother. However, I don't remember if that's an original epilogue or added buy the flirtpacks.

Nope, that one's an original. :(

On the topic of HD dueling with Anomen, I think the outcome of HD's threat to duel him would very much depend on Ano's allignement. CN would definitely go for the fight IMHO. LG would try to talk HD out of such needless violence, and I think LN might go with the duel, but I suspect that at any point where HD is ready to duel Ano, then he'd be either LG or CN anyway. Just a thought.

Good points, both about how tha various Anomens would react and when the duel would most likely occur.

Unfortunately, the duel is quite likely not to be included after all, for various reasons (mainly because what little plans I had for it were made before we decided to include the two quests, and now there simply isn't room for all of the things we've got. And there were a number of things about the duel that I had no idea how to do anyway, so it seemed like the most suitable thing to drop). There will of course still be a normal conflict with Anomen, but any violence will have to come from the player's side :)

Archived