Familiar Revision

Salk

Well, I don't think there are any major issues.

The things we thought of changing were:

- let the Spider take the TN slot, let the Cat stay at CN and move the Rabbit to CG

- let the familiar level up when the Master does so that the HP gain for the Master will be slow but constant instead of an unbalanced initial boost

All the rest, I believe is fine! :worship:

I've extensively looked into it this evening ant it's really a hige amount of work! Changing the level up feature isn't difficult per se because it doesn't require a difficul script, but I have to change every initial creature and stats. I'd say this spell requires more or less as much work as 15-20 spells. :worship:

I'll see what I can do...especially because if I can't manage to finish them tonight I fear I have to leave them for the next "hotfix" because I'm going to be absurdly busy for a couple of weeks and V3 is ready. I'm not sure if I'd like to delay the release of a week or two for just one spell, even if it's a very special one.

V3 is ready.

woot. :worship:

I'm not sure if I'd like to delay the release of a week or two for just one spell, even if it's a very special one.

please don't :p btw, it's a special one but it is used one time only, gives a advantage to the protagonist only, and only if he belongs to some specific classes; I don't even use them.

*coff* or you could make a sort of v2,99 availabe while you keep working on familiars, or just tell Salky to use the already good Rabain ones, when he'll finally play the game.

Demi,

you do what you think is best.

Personally I won't play SR untill the Familiars are completed (SR's suggested revision differs from Rabain's) because - and I quote you - "version 3 will have the Find Familiar revision as main change". :worship:

Leave it for later if you want to release V3 without it.

I can wait.

Demi,

Personally I won't play SR untill the Familiars are completed (SR's suggested revision differs from Rabain's) because - and I quote you - "version 3 will have the Find Familiar revision as main change". :worship:

I can wait.

Thanks for your patience, I'll do my best, and I still think this spell should be in V3, as it ideally makes the mod "complete".

If only I could use Rabain's work as it is and simplly replacing the scripts it would take extremely less...but I don't feel too comfortable about it not having received a word from him.

Demi,

Personally I won't play SR untill the Familiars are completed (SR's suggested revision differs from Rabain's) because - and I quote you - "version 3 will have the Find Familiar revision as main change". :p

I can wait.

Thanks for your patience, I'll do my best, and I still think this spell should be in V3, as it ideally makes the mod "complete".

If only I could use Rabain's work as it is and simplly replacing the scripts it would take extremely less...but I don't feel too comfortable about it not having received a word from him.

Please Demi don't kid here...

You have nothing to thank me for. It's the opposite, really. :worship:

I understand you can feel not comfortable about simply replacing the scripts with Rabain's but I am sure he'd not mind. He's not actively modding for months and the website has not been updated for even longer. The actvity there is zero and Rabain would be happy to know that his mod lives in SR.

But you do what you think is best! :p

jarno,

what kind of activity are you speaking about?

These are the most recent Rabain's words left on the Forum.

There is no activity there and there hasn't been for months.

Or you want to call activity one message left after months to say that nothing is being done?

Well, that Rabain was there... as my link said he had been (logged in) there. And just because you haven't been replied doesn't mean that you haven't been heard... So it doesn't take a genius to think, that if you send a message to him, he wouldn't reply just because he isn't there.
Well, that Rabain was there... as my link said he had been (logged in) there. And just because you haven't been replied doesn't mean that you haven't been heard... So it doesn't take a genius to think, that if you send a message to him, he wouldn't reply because he isn't there.

No offense meant, Jarno but I really wonder how you can think people can understand you (might as well be my limit of course).

First you write that he is active just because he's logged in once after months to write that there is no modding done and then you say that "it doesn't take a genius to think, that if you send a message to him, he wouldn't reply because he isn't there."

Well, nevermind... :worship:

I really wonder how you can think people can understand you (might as well be my limit of course).

First you write that he is active just because he's logged in once after months to write that there is no modding done and then you say that "it doesn't take a genius to think, that if you send a message to him, he wouldn't reply just because he isn't there."

Perhaps it's your lack of knowledge, but if one logs into a forum, they usually get a great note that they have reseaved a PM. Hmm, or does it really take a genius like me to conduct the lines of thought on that? :worship::p And I think that Rabain logs in to his forums, just to see if he has reseaved PMs, not to actually do anything else, nessesarily.

Besides that, he has been there at least 2 time in the last two days. So, he keeps a schedule... with his log out times.

I really wonder how you can think people can understand you (might as well be my limit of course).

First you write that he is active just because he's logged in once after months to write that there is no modding done and then you say that "it doesn't take a genius to think, that if you send a message to him, he wouldn't reply just because he isn't there."

Perhaps it's your lack of knowledge, but if one logs into a forum, they usually get a great note that they have reseaved a PM. Hmm, or does it really take a genius like me to conduct the lines of thought on that? :p :p And I think that Rabain logs in to his forums, just to see if he has reseaved PMs, not to actually do anything else, nessesarily.

Besides that, he has been there at least 2 time in the last two days. So, he keeps a schedule... with his log out times.

Dear jarno,

I am certainly no genius but I have received and sent PMs on different forums so I know how it works.

Said that, I ask you again: how do you think that reading a message or logging in on a Forum ties to being actively modding? :worship:

The activity at the Border Kingdoms can be described with only one word: non-existant.

And it has been so for months.

Now let me point out this again: Rabain posted once after months just to say that there is no activity there. I provided the link above but perhaps it helps if I copy-paste it here:

Rabain:"Not really, I'm around and pop in every few days but no work is being done currently on anything."

Do you think you know more than Rabain himself if there is or not activity at the website he has created?

Really, you are a genius... ;)

Archived