Faldorn

Guest PetrusOctavianus

Guest PetrusOctavianus

For the first time I recruited Faldorn, mostly because Armande suggested bringing her along. He disappears after talking to him, but his last remark (something about proving ourselves) suggests we should visit him again after dealing with the mine.

We kill the mercenary group outside the mines and then kill Davaeorn and close the mines, but Faldorn doesn't make any comments. The only noteworthy thing she did was (trying to) insult Davaeorn before the battle. She had some good banters though and said much that I personally agree with, but which my conventional, politically correct PC disagrees with.

So we head back to the Shadow Druids, but they have all left and Amarande is nowhere in sight.

So that's it? No gratitude or even acknowledgements from the Shadow Druids?

Faldorn should have a dialogue when you enter the area with the mines. She should have a small reward from Amarande (he should be on the second floor of the Tree house) when you talk with him after destroying the mines. It used to work, so I am not sure why the druids are all gone.

Guest PetrusOctavianus
Faldorn should have a dialogue when you enter the area with the mines. She should have a small reward from Amarande (he should be on the second floor of the Tree house) when you talk with him after destroying the mines. It used to work, so I am not sure why the druids are all gone.

I got her dialogue when entering the mine area, but Amarande was gone when we returned. Is he supposed to walk away if you talk to him before clearing out the mines? And what happens if you don't talk to him at all untill after clearing the mines?

I don't think he's supposed to wander off after you cleared the mines. At least it wasn't the case in my test games, because I remember testing Faldorn's dialogue with him after clearing off the mines.

I don't think he's supposed to wander off after you cleared the mines. At least it wasn't the case in my test games, because I remember testing Faldorn's dialogue with him after clearing off the mines.

I had the same problem. He does ask for you to come back, but then he's not there when you do.

Guest PetrusOctavianus

I was able to spawn Amarande using the console. He immediately asks for Faldorn's report and gives us a rather nice shield. Alas, with the exception of Faldorn none of my goody two shoes, not even Neutral Good Minsc, can use the Neutral restricted shield.

Faldorn was only supposed to be a temporary party member, so I must decline her request to go with us to Baldur's Gate. Besides, Yeslick has a far more *personal* reason to tag along and fits in better with the party. And I still have Kivan in reserve at the FAI.

So I ditch Faldorn and bring back Imoen who have been waiting impatiently.

So all in all I didn't miss anything vital.

An easy fix may be to just delete Amarande's EscapeArea() action after saying "Return to me, once you have destroyed the mines, and I might revise my opinion of you.".

Guest PetrusOctavianus
I don't know why this'd be happening unless you killed him in Jaheira's quest or something. Maybe there's some chapter-dependent scripting somewhere... not sure.

Jaheira is not in the party as she was killed by some Talon Elites in the large tent at the Bandit Camp. I'm playing with a no-resurrection rule for this game. I did bring her along in my previous game, though, and I must there *is* a bit more action with Jaheira around. ;-)

Guest PetrusOctavianus

After spawning him with the console, he didn't disappear after getting his report. But if I talk to him again he says "Who dares presume to trespass upon nature's territory whilst A Shadow Archdruid looks on? Who could be so hungry for death... wait. I recognize you as those that travel with Faldorn. She has served the Shadow Druids well, and if she deems you worthy to share her cause, then you shall have free passage. Do not delude yourselves into thinking you have gained our favor. Such alliances are as fickle as the gusting wind." and disappears.

Well, I'll leave this to cmorgan then. Sounds like an easy edit. I don't know why he has that EscapeArea(), particularly if he doesn't have a working trigger to respawn. (Where's he going to go anyway? He lives in a tree...)

(Oh, and if you registered btw, you could've edited your post rather than triple-posting :). It's not like someone's going to track you down or something. This place doesn't even have a full-time admin...)

Hmmm... I will go look for the EscapeArea() in the vanilla game files, and play with some scenarios. The quest is only supposed to completely play out if Jaheira is present - it looks like we didn't fully account for a Faldorn run that started with Jaheira and didn't end with her.

/* adding Amaranth recognition of quest. Entirety plays out only if Jaheira is there and Quest has started. */
phase2\dlg\x#jaqu.d(220): ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER ~%tutu_var%AMARAN~ 4 ~Global("X#JaheiraQuest","GLOBAL",0)~
phase2\dlg\x#jaqu.d(222): ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER ~%tutu_var%AMARAN~ 5 ~Global("X#JaheiraQuest","GLOBAL",0)~
phase2\dlg\x#jaqu.d(224): EXTEND_BOTTOM ~%tutu_var%AMARAN~ 4
phase2\dlg\x#jaqu.d(225): IF ~InParty("jaheira") InMyArea("jaheira") !StateCheck("jaheira",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) GlobalGT("X#JaheiraQuest","GLOBAL",0) Global("X#AmarantheAndarthe","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#AmarantheAndarthe","GLOBAL",1)~ GOTO JQTreeHouse
phase2\dlg\x#jaqu.d(228): EXTEND_BOTTOM ~%tutu_var%AMARAN~ 5
phase2\dlg\x#jaqu.d(229): IF ~InParty("jaheira") InMyArea("jaheira") !StateCheck("jaheira",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) GlobalGT("X#JaheiraQuest","GLOBAL",0) Global("X#AmarantheAndarthe","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#AmarantheAndarthe","GLOBAL",1)~ GOTO JQTreeHouse
phase2\dlg\x#jaqu.d(232): CHAIN ~%tutu_var%AMARAN~ JQTreeHouse
phase2\dlg\x#jaqu.d(237): == ~%tutu_var%AMARAN~ IF ~InParty("faldorn") InMyArea("faldorn") !StateCheck("faldorn",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @153
phase2\dlg\x#jaqu.d(239): == ~%tutu_var%AMARAN~ IF ~Global("X#MarethaResBeadAlive","GLOBAL",0) Global("X#MarethaResBeadDead","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN @155
phase2\dlg\x#jaqu.d(240): == ~%tutu_var%AMARAN~ IF ~OR(2) Global("X#MarethaResBeadAlive","GLOBAL",2) Global("X#MarethaResBeadDead","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN @156
phase2\dlg\x#jaqu.d(242): IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#AmarantheAndarthe","GLOBAL",2) Enemy()~ EXIT
phase2\dlg\x#jaqu.d(243): IF ~InParty("faldorn") InMyArea("faldorn") !StateCheck("faldorn",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN EXTERN ~%tutu_var%AMARAN~ WarnFaldornJahQ
phase2\dlg\x#jaqu.d(245): CHAIN ~%tutu_var%AMARAN~ WarnFaldornJahQ
phase2\dlg\x#jaqu.d(246): @157 DO ~SetGlobal("X#AmarantheAndarthe","GLOBAL",2) EscapeArea()~ 
phase2\dlg\x#miint.d(136): //I_C_T2 ~%tutu_var%AMARAN~ 4 X#MinscAmarandeTalk
phase2\dlg\x#miint.d(144): //== ~%tutu_var%AMARAN~ IF ~InParty("minsc") InMyArea("minsc") !StateCheck("minsc",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @75
phase2\dlg\x#viint.d(19): //I_C_T2 ~%tutu_var%AMARAN~ 1 X#VicAma
phase2\dlg\x#viint.d(21): //== ~%tutu_var%AMARAN~ IF ~InParty("viconia") InMyArea("viconia") !StateCheck("viconia",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @7 END
phase2\dlg\x#xaint.d(55): //I_C_T2 ~%tutu_var%AMARAN~ 1 X#XanAmarande1

Hmmm... I will go look for the EscapeArea() in the vanilla game files, and play with some scenarios. The quest is only supposed to completely play out if Jaheira is present - it looks like we didn't fully account for a Faldorn run that started with Jaheira and didn't end with her.

Jaheira's quest boss is a different druid, the one we introduced specifically to keep Amarande (original arch-druid) out of the picture so he can pat the party on the shoulder and reward Faldorn. It beats me if the EscapeArea() were on his original files, but he used to stick around and even had an original dialogue on him... Unless I did add a state. I can't recall off hand, tbh. Could be a case of things that the new fixes actually corrected, and it used to work because it didn't work...

this guy:

Amarande and the tree-house

Enter the tree-house AR1601. Raid the locked chest and the cupboard. Go upstairs AR1602. Amarande will approach you. If Jaheria is in your party he will attack. Kill him. If Faldorn is in your party he will allow you to continue. Otherwise you can say you are hunting bandits and he will direct you to the Cloakwood Mines. Raid the cupboard and box.

FIRST FLOOR LOOT: Quarter Staff, Sling, Potion of Freedom, Potion of Healing, Antidote, 6gp

SECOND FLOOR LOOT: Quarter Staff, Bullets +1 (10), Potion of Fortitude

REWARD: 120 exp, Quarter Staff, Studded Leather Armor

Yeah, I know - the original dude - I know players had some confusion about which Tree-hugger-Dude was which, and we cleaned it up - what I don't understand is why he would EscapeArea() at all. I will take a look as soon as I can, and post the vanilla and our changes on the latest EasyTutu.

Hmmm. I will mark this and test again.

the only EscapeArea I can find on him is State 4, ~You seek to destroy that which those heathens have built? Perhaps you warrant temporary passage then, though you shall still be under my scrutiny... etc.

That results in an EscapeArea().

In vanilla EasyTutu, I don't seea anything else, and there is no reference to a return, or a shield, or something. Is this from UB?

Hmmm. I will mark this and test again.

the only EscapeArea I can find on him is State 4, ~You seek to destroy that which those heathens have built? Perhaps you warrant temporary passage then, though you shall still be under my scrutiny... etc.

That results in an EscapeArea().

In vanilla EasyTutu, I don't seea anything else, and there is no reference to a return, or a shield, or something. Is this from UB?

I looked in NearInfinity and this is what State 8/32 of _AMARAN.DLG says:

"Return to me, once you have destroyed the mines, and I might revise my opinion of you.

(StrRef:100414)"

Action (21):

EscapeArea()

SetGlobal("X#ReportAmarande","GLOBAL",1)

EDIT:

Found some more stuff:

State 6:

Who dares presume to trespass upon nature's territory whilst A Shadow Archdruid looks on? Who could be so hungry for death... wait. I recognize you as those that travel with Faldorn. She has served the Shadow Druids well, and if she deems you worthy to share her cause, then you shall have free passage. Do not delude yourselves into thinking you have gained our favor. Such alliances are as fickle as the gusting wind.

(StrRef:86319)

Trigger(1):

InParty("faldorn")

Trigger(17):

Global("X#JaheiraQuest","GLOBAL",0)

Action(17):

EscapeArea()

State 7:

The intention is noble, but until I see the results of your expedition, I am wary of these folk. They reek of civilizations, and their weapons are of cured metal.

(StrRef:100413)

Action(20):

EscapeArea()

State 12:

You have my permission. Let the new allegiance be forged. As a sign of Shadow Druid's favor, let me bestow this gift upon you.

(StrRef:100421)

Action(22):

SetGlobal("X#ReportAmarande","GLOBAL",2)

GiveItemCreate("X#FASH01","faldorn",1,0,0) // Great Shield - White Oak

Hope this helps.

I doubt this is from UB, as that mod doesn't touch Faldorn AFAIK.

Archived