anniversary?

Wanderer

Yep - everyone is working on getting things together. BigRob has an anniversary mod that's waiting for final coding, Jastey has her Mini-Quests updated, Theaceface has NWN2 goodness to add, I have an NPC in development, and grogerson has a v1 release of BG Tweaks (for BG, so now we all need to be careful to write BG2 Tweaks vs BG Tweaks :) ). There may be more, too - blame it on the hurricane, work schedules, and Mount & Blade.

(Shameless plug for a cool new game that has wildly distracted me - Indy developer, husband and wife team, great modding community though much harsher and with more trolls than the i.e. community, truly international input and forums, and a Broken-Hourglass-like use of smart players and modders in the community to inform the growth of the game - check it out at Taleworlds. It looks like it is a good candidate for dialog modding, too, though I have to say there is nothing quite as fun as ignoring all the talk and mounting your horse, commanding your archers to spread out among the trees, sending your infantry forward, yelling "CHARGE", and galloping through your front lines to deliver couched lance damage that sends blood and bodies flying - then wheeling about, causing your horse to rear in true Lone Ranger style, and charging the line again. The dogs especially like the yelling "charge" bit, my wife - not so much.)

Yep - everyone is working on getting things together...and grogerson has a v1 release of BG Tweaks (for BG, so now we all need to be careful to write BG2 Tweaks vs BG Tweaks :) )...

I'd still call it an advanced beta. I think I'm the only one who's actually tested the thing. When it comes out, feedback will be most helpful (I'm a cobbler, not a modder, check out the development thread in the Tweak Pack forum for proof...).

cmorgan, would "BG1 Tweaks" be good for a title? You have a "BG2 Tweaks" here already (or so the download page says). Can't use "BG1 Tweak Pack" however. Someone at CoM beat me to it...

cmorgan, would "BG1 Tweaks" be good for a title? You have a "BG2 Tweaks" here already (or so the download page says). Can't use "BG1 Tweak Pack" however. Someone at CoM beat me to it...

Having two different mods, one named "BG1 Tweaks" and one named "BG1 Tweak Pack" is asking for trouble, in my opinion. I'd go with 'fine tuning' or 'customising' or some such, but that's me.

What about DavidW? SCS v9 is something I'm really waiting for and something I definitely counted on being released in the anniversary... of course, David, take your time if you need it to offer us the same quality you've given us in the past.

grogerson, with your permission, we will go with "bg1tweaks".

CamDawg has (rightly) pointed out that there is no such thing as BG1... Baldurs Gate, then Baldurs Gate II - SoA - no "1" anywhere. But to save players confusion, and trying to put it on BGT... we could set it up like bg1npc and such.

Look for that advanced beta up in a few hours.

Edit: ok, and it's up.

Archived