Feedback

Mike1072

Melodic chain mail -- found in the planar prison

the description reads usuable by human elf half-elf bards

If the intent was that elves and humans who are not bards can wear this, then the item is not working as advertised.

If not, then just restricting it to bards should be sufficient -- or was the plan to make it unusable by Haer'Dalis?

If so, that isn't working either. Since only humans, elves, and half elves can become bards in the first place in

a normal game, I think restricting it just to bards would be sufficient.

Staff of Fire

There is a staff of fire, +2 which can once daily cast fireball or summon a fire elemental. When I try to sell it (heroic rep) the asking price is 112 gp, which I find far too low.
Reputation doesn't have any effect on prices with IR. Staff of Fire has two abilities with charges (though one charge per day), if you were selling it before replenishing the charges (resting) it is possible to have such a low price, as the merchant consider it a deplenished "useless" item.

Melodic Chain should be "usable by bards". The "usable only by Elf - Half Elf - Human" was added to all Elven Chain Mails, but it's quite confusing here, I'll remove it and just keep the "bard only" restriction, which is how the item currently works.

Elves can't be bards.

Icen

Well, elves cannot wear this armour. So either the description needs to be changed to be bards only, or the

armour needs to be changed so that elves can wear it. What is the intent here?

Staff of Fire
There is a staff of fire, +2 which can once daily cast fireball or summon a fire elemental. When I try to sell it (heroic rep) the asking price is 112 gp, which I find far too low.
Reputation doesn't have any effect on prices with IR. Staff of Fire has two abilities with charges (though one charge per day), if you were selling it before replenishing the charges (resting) it is possible to have such a low price, as the merchant consider it a deplenished "useless" item.

The low price of 112 is what you get when you rest. 1gp is what you are offered for a staff that has been used.

It is not in line with the price of the +2 staff of air, which sells for some thousands of gold.

Price differentials.

The +3 spears you find in the Guarded Compound in the Temple district sell to me for 5600 gp,

while the Spear of Kuldahar (sold by Joluv, the IWD merchant in the Copper Coronet) which is a +3

spear that also gives you 8 to your max hp costs me 13440. I think that the Spear of Kuldahar

is overpriced, but in any case they are out of line with each other. And the spear of the unicorn

(only +2 spear, but +3 to saves vs death, immunity to charm and hold), which I consider a far

superior weapon, is only offered at 8400 to me when I sell it to Joluv.

Belm

Any chance you notice the posts about Belm :p
Yes I have, considering that Kundane in IR is a better off-hand weapon, and that in the future it will also be better for backstabbing I think the restricion on the scimitar is probably going to make it unappealing. Anyway I'd like to find a way to "nerf" the speed effect...we'll see.

Melodic Chain

Well, elves cannot wear this armour. So either the description needs to be changed to be bards only, or the armour needs to be changed so that elves can wear it. What is the intent here?
I've just replied to it above, the armor is usable by bards only, the description will be fixed (and it already is in my install).

Staff of Fire

Somehow the old charge system was still there...the item has been fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll probably post a hotfix if V2 isn't ready within a week.

Prices

I have nothing to do with the Spear of Kuldahar and most Bonus Merchants' items, Joluv's prices are extremely overpriced, probably to offset how powerful and easily available those items are. Excluding this item your prices seem fine to me.

With IR a Spear +3 has a value of 5000 gp, Spear of Unicorn +2 is worth 7500 gp.

Based on your values I'm guessing you have a leader with Charisma 21 or 22, am I wrong?

If you use the limited wish for a powerful magical item -- say from the genies flask you get from

UB at the end of the quest in the circus tent -- you get a +2 full plate mail. If you try to sell it,

you get 30 gp. I am not sure if this problem was created with item revisions, or whether the

game always had this, though.

Karajah's Leather Armour is listed as for

Bards, and T/M or F/M.

Actually, anybody who can wear leather armour can wear it -- Valgyar for instance.

And Aerie can wear it, and I think, why not allow Cleric/Mages as well?

The interesting thing is that in addition to storing spells in it, Mages who can wear leather can cast spells

while wearing this. Which makes it very useful for Aerie who has a great problem finding armour light enough

that she can wear it at all. But I would add a line in the item description that says you can cast while wearing

this armour.

Can you check that Larloch's robe and the amulet of meta-spell influence are both properly

reducing the casting time? I have Xan wearing both now, but I cannot see that my spells

are landing any faster than my opponents. It might be that I am habituated to the Robe of

Vecna, but I don't think so.

Larloch's Robe & Amulet of Metaspell

Can you check that Larloch's robe and the amulet of meta-spell influence are both properly reducing the casting time?
They both works fine, I just tested them to be sure. It is less noticeable than in vanilla as Vecna's robe granted a -4 casting time instead of "only" -2.

Karajah's Leather Armour +3

Known typo, sorry, it has been fixed to correctly state that any character who can wear light armors and cast spells can wear it.

As for Shadow Armor I'll specifically mention that it allow spellcasting while wearing it, though with IR's "allow arcane casting in armor" component it already is explicit.

Limited Wish's Full Plate +2

If you use the limited wish for a powerful magical item -- say from the genies flask you get from UB at the end of the quest in the circus tent -- you get a +2 full plate mail. If you try to sell it, you get 30 gp. I am not sure if this problem was created with item revisions, or whether the game always had this, though.
That was a vanilla's "feature", I kept it unchanged for now, but I may just as well "fix" it.

Staff Mace +2

Is there any way you can make it's proficiency requirement *either* staff *or* mace? Or are these things absolutely one-and-only-one allowed?
I'll look into it.

Hmm, I expected a casting improvement of 3 -- 1 from the amulet and 2 from Larloch's robe.

Don't they stack?

If you fix the limited wish -> armour -> 20 gp you may end up wanted to fix the how many

gems you get, and of what quantity, when you wish to be rich. I wasn't impressed with

what I got, which netted me 600 gp or so.

For the wishing for a powerful magic item -- I would be happier if it made a random magic

item from a set list. There are times when full plate mail is precisely what your party doesn't

need.

Also can you add a bag of holding available somewhere before Spellhold? I am tired of

keeping my junk in a box in the copper coronet. thanks :-)

Archived