Feedback

Mike1072

Short Sword of Backstabbing

But you don't get it until the end of the game in BG1. Anyway, when you say "+1 to backstab" I take it you mean "x1 backstab multiplier"? And who is going to give the Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise to their thief?

I still don't think it's any better than Yoshi's katana, and therefore can't really see anyone in the party wanting to use it.

Well, as I said katanas are supposed to have a -1 penalty to backstab in IR V2, thus a x2multiplier higher than Yoshi's blade seems a good reason to equip the sword when backstabbing.

Judjing by your comments I suppose you've never considered a charname thief, but I can assure you that a fighter/thief with Grandmastery in short swords and Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise will really be a force to reckon with, and all those damage bonuses are multiplied by SSoB during a backstab attempt.

That being said, SSoB is a weapon "forged to backstab" and nothing prevents the would be backstabber to wield another weapon and use SSoB only when backstabbing.

P.S When I say "+1 to backstab" I mean "x1 backstab multiplier" yes.

NPC's Equipment

And I do think items you find should be better than those the NPCs start with. However...
Actually I prefer to make NPC's personal equipment last as much as possible, it shouldn't be much better than most items you find along the path in the early chapters, but it should remain valuable.

Staff of Thunder and Lightning

Given that the way you get this is to defeat faldorn (which if you do as a druid, and

not as I did, as a fighter, using the 'multiple strongholds' mod) I think that the stick

you get should still be +3 so worthwhile for whacking golems.

By the time you can do this, you could buy the staff of Rhynn from the store, or

the staff of Arundel from the bonus merchant (at least until you get around to

modifying bonus merchants.)

This staff is such an amazing combat weapon that I don't think that anybody who

is entitled to wield it would wield a different staff instead. Unless you want the

extra spells of Arundel. So making a druid character (the only one who could

acquire this item 'legitimately' -- i.e. not cheating it in or playing multiple strongholds)

carry this staff around for every day use, and a different one for whacking golems

with strikes me as a case of 'jerking the player around for no particular good reason'.)

Now, as it stands the druid could give this staff to his clerical buddy. I would fix this

by making this a druid only weapon. Indeed, if it were possible, I would fix this to

make it a weapon reserved for the winner of this particular challenge -- attuned

to him or her and no other. But I do not know how possible this is.

I'll restricting it to druids only as you suggest, especially now that I'm probably going to allow the Staffs of Air, Earth, and Fire to be usable by anyone.

Regarding it not being a +3 weapon and not being able to "whack" golems:

- I do like to limit the number of +3 weapons in the early SoA

- it's clearly not a staff to fight golems gonsidering its two combat abilities shouldn't affect golems imo (which reminds me that I may work to make stun effects like Celestial Fury's one not affect golems at all)

- there's a staff/rod entirely dedicated to "whack" golems, what would it be its purpose if this one can do it just as well and it's available so sooner?

- as you say this staff already is "such an amazing combat weapon", why making it even more powerful?

That being said, I'd like to know more opinions on the matter...does anyone wants to share his/her one?

Guest D. U. Bertie

Reducing the backstab multiplier of Yoshi's (and all the others) katana by 1 will make the SSoB the better weapon for backstabbing, which is all I really wanted I suppose. Sorted.

In this game I am getting the same inventory icon for the helmet of defence as the

helmet of Balduran. It's confusing. Poor old Xan just got burnt unnecessarily, as

hat he had his proper hat on he would have had 100% fire resistence.

What staff/rod do you consider already dedicated for smashing golems? I'm using the staff of Rhynn for this, but it hardly seems its dedicated purpose.
Rod of Smiting, it's a Golem Bane staff +3 enchanted which can destroy a golem on a single hit! Now that I think about it, may have forgot to post it in the Item Index, but it's mostly unchanged.

In this game I am getting the same inventory icon for the helmet of defence as the

helmet of Balduran. It's confusing. Poor old Xan just got burnt unnecessarily, as

hat he had his proper hat on he would have had 100% fire resistence.

Sounds like you installed 1PP on top of IR, am I wrong? Because the last time we had a similar issue it was caused by that. IR's unique helmets all use different icons. On this matter, you once stated that you prefer the old Balduran's icon and I didn't reply sorry, I've changed it because it previously shared Kiel's Helmet one in BG2.

According to the planet baldurs gate item descriptions, bards aren't suppoed to be

able to use composite longbows or throwing axes. Looks to me as if we implement

the clb part but not the axe part. Intentional?

According to the planet baldurs gate item descriptions, bards aren't suppoed to be

able to use composite longbows or throwing axes. Looks to me as if we implement

the clb part but not the axe part. Intentional?

I believe bards have been able to use axes of all types in both BG games.

Is the fact that my wand of the apprenti looks just like a wand of fear a problem

in that I loaded 1PP? Or does it look that way to you too? If it does, can we at

least change its colour or something?

Laura

Cloak of mirroring

This +25% of magic resistance doesn't looks good. Maybe you should lef it as it was or (better idea) give to it an effect as Amulet of Spellblocking? 

My proposition: deflecting all gaze attacks. Great thing against Balduran Shield. And give some other benefits to mentioned shield.

Robes

Robe of Wanderer is great. But now other aren't... what do you think about additional bonus

Knave Robe: +5% to all thief skills or at leas hide in shadows and silent walking?

Adventurer's Robe: +1 to all saves.

Cloak of bravery

It shouldn't be usable by good characters. You know, that's nymphs skins! Bleah. Especially for paladins, rangers.. druids?

Boomerang

I don't know - it's a bug? But it deals 2K4 +2 damages, so 2x more than normal dagger.

Spider Fang

I think that spiders are using poison, not an acid. ;-) Maybe something paralysing instead of next poison in dagger ;-)

Is the fact that my wand of the apprenti looks just like a wand of fear a problem

in that I loaded 1PP? Or does it look that way to you too? If it does, can we at

least change its colour or something?

I haven't changed that staff yet, I'll obviously try to find a different bam for it!

Cloak of mirroring

This +25% of magic resistance doesn't looks good. Maybe you should lef it as it was or (better idea) give to it an effect as Amulet of Spellblocking?

My proposition: deflecting all gaze attacks. Great thing against Balduran Shield. And give some other benefits to mentioned shield.

I suppose you haven't seen "Plans for future releases" topic, am I wrong? Cloak of Mirroring will work as a semi-permanent Reflected Image.

Shield of Balduran currently deflect gaze attacks...SCS "handles" the shield quite well, and due to my recent discovery of issues with "cast spell on condition" effects I won't be able to do a little "nerf" I was planning for it. :)

Robes

Robe of Wanderer is great. But now other aren't... what do you think about additional bonus

Knave Robe: +5% to all thief skills or at leas hide in shadows and silent walking?

Adventurer's Robe: +1 to all saves.

You'd add those to their current ones? Anyway it's surprising how many people found the Traveler's Robe so good, it's great! :) You do know though that it doesn't make the character immune to all forms of fatigue, right?

I've chosen save vs. death/poison for the Knave's Robe because it was used by the original one, and it seemed very appropriate for a multi-dual mage/thief but still usable by any mage. These are "common" robes and shouldn't have effects restricted to only one class imo.

Adding a +1 to all saves to Adventurer's Robe would make Knave's Robe's +2 to save vs. death/poison looks lame, and it would also mean adding a full +1 enhancement bonus to this robe, and I'd prefer these robes to remian low-enchanted.

Cloak of bravery

It shouldn't be usable by good characters. You know, that's nymphs skins! Bleah. Especially for paladins, rangers.. druids?
Thanks for reminding me it! We already discussed this, and I agree with you, will do immediately before forgetting again!

Boomerang

I don't know - it's a bug? But it deals 2K4 +2 damages, so 2x more than normYal dagger.
Intentional, the +1d4 damage is one of its bonuses.

Spider Fang

I think that spiders are using poison, not an acid. ;-) Maybe something paralysing instead of next poison in dagger ;-)
You have to read its background to know that the handle of this dagger is carved from a a tooth of a black dragon, that's why I chose acid damage (and Dagger of Venom already uses poison damage). I think I'll have to slightly nerf the dagger for V2, removing the Immunity to Web is my first choice

Pixie Prick +2

Combat Abilities:

Pixie Dust: 20% chance of making the user invisible for 4 rounds

What good is being made invisible for 4 rounds if you'll turn visible the next time you attack?

Archived