Feedback

Mike1072

The periapt of proof against poison works as advertised, an keeps a character

from suffering poison damage. But how it works looks very weird. A character

who has been attacked with poison will do the shake all over, as if he has been

poisoned, while the message comes up:

enemy: <whoever> is immune to my damage

It there any way to not have the animation fire off?

The periapt of proof against poison works as advertised, an keeps a character from suffering poison damage. But how it works looks very weird. A character who has been attacked with poison will do the shake all over, as if he has been poisoned, while the message comes up:

enemy: <whoever> is immune to my damage

It there any way to not have the animation fire off?

It's not possible. I can prevent a Poison spell to do it, but I cannot prevent damage inflicted with attacks from doing what you are experiencing. Same for any elemental damage, a character immune to fire will still suffer the "damage animation" from fire attacks.

Ok, should have known that if it was possible you would have done it.

( i just keep expecting Xan who is wearing the thing now to be incapable

of casting spells while poisoned, and wasting cure poison spells on him,

while wondering why he isn't equipped with a stack of antidotes, same

as everybody else. In the heat of battle, one forgets. But I shall learn. :) )

At the beginning of the game, I would like to be able to buy Saerelith a +1 bastard sword to be used against shadows and other things that are hit by magical weapons only. But I cannot find any for sale at the cc (before freeing slaves) or

the adventurer's mart.

Thinking on it, Daystar from lich-in-the-crane is the only magical bastard sword I know of in Atklatha. Somebody will likely remind me of the ones I have forgotten,

but the weapon still seems under-represented to me.

At the beginning of the game, I would like to be able to buy Saerelith a +1 bastard sword to be used against shadows and other things that are hit by magical weapons only. But I cannot find any for sale at the cc (before freeing slaves) or

the adventurer's mart.

Thinking on it, Daystar from lich-in-the-crane is the only magical bastard sword I know of in Atklatha. Somebody will likely remind me of the ones I have forgotten,

but the weapon still seems under-represented to me.

Try freeing the slaves. :thumbsup: And yeah, it was severely under-represented, but hopefully things are a slight bit better now.

At the beginning of the game, I would like to be able to buy Saerelith a +1 bastard sword to be used against shadows and other things that are hit by magical weapons only. But I cannot find any for sale at the cc (before freeing slaves) or the adventurer's mart.

Thinking on it, Daystar from lich-in-the-crane is the only magical bastard sword I know of in Atklatha. Somebody will likely remind me of the ones I have forgotten, but the weapon still seems under-represented to me.

If you're going to use V2 I've added Sword of Balduran to Deidre (which is a +1 but hits creatures which requires +3 enchantment) and Albruin to Trademeet's Merchant. There's still one more bastard sword I should work on...Bloodbrand. With these three more weapons and Lawgiver I think the early SoA won't be a problem for bastard sword users.

Karajah's Life and Death

I've always liked this armour's story and often bought it - just for roleplaying fun. In Item Revision as I can see it has special ability... Spell storing looks really, really great - but IMHO not for this leather. Would love to see Bracers which allow mages to store some spells.

What do you think about alternative for actual IR Karajah's which grants +10% bonus to physical damages? It suits more to gladiator and pit fighter. And to endurance/resistance of Karajah on arena. Mhm?

(But really, really want to see other item with Spell storing ability!) 

Fire resistances? How do they stack?

I have Xan with his nice sword that gives 50% FR, a mage robe of FR that gives 25%, Batalista's passport which gives 50% FR and a Helm of defence which gives

15% FR.

But should you try to wear all of them, no matter what order you try to wear them in, you end up with FR 127. That is a very suspicious number. Hardcoded limit in the game engine?

Karajah's Life and Death

I've always liked this armour's story and often bought it - just for roleplaying fun. In Item Revision as I can see it has special ability... Spell storing looks really, really great - but IMHO not for this leather. Would love to see Bracers which allow mages to store some spells.

What do you think about alternative for actual IR Karajah's which grants +10% bonus to physical damages? It suits more to gladiator and pit fighter. And to endurance/resistance of Karajah on arena. Mhm?

(But really, really want to see other item with Spell storing ability!)

You do have a point but:

- phisical resistance is already granted by another studded leather armor and two identical suits are obviously not allowed in IR :thumbsup:

- moving the Spell Storing ability to another item may be cool, but keep in mind that this very same ability would be extremely more powerful if granted by a pair of bracers instead of a suit of armor

We'll see...

Fire Resistance

No, 127% is the max limit, probably because it a signed byte. It doesn't go above, and 127% is complete immunity.

27% is 27%, 127% is 127%. You are healed for all fire damage if your resistance is over 100%.

I'm quite sure you're healed "only" for 27% of the fire damage sustained, I may try it sooner or later...

Lesser robes for bards

In whole BG1 part of BGT/BGTuTu and in earlier part of SoA bards don't have any good armour for them. Especially these bards who have ambitions for being more spellcaster-type than fightin'n'singin. So maybe that's not a bad idea to give a possibility to wear all lesser (so with exeption of Larloch's and Archmage) robes? Maybe as an optional component?

Lesser robes for bards

In whole BG1 part of BGT/BGTuTu and in earlier part of SoA bards don't have any good armour for them. Especially these bards who have ambitions for being more spellcaster-type than fightin'n'singin. So maybe that's not a bad idea to give a possibility to wear all lesser (so with exeption of Larloch's and Archmage) robes? Maybe as an optional component?
It seems reasonable...

Archived