Feedback

Mike1072

Item's glows

Great, you've have picked only items that still have vanilla's glows!! :D Do you like instead how I've made Doomplate, or Red Dragon Armor to name a few? :p Anyway, I'll work on it!

Hey let me complain, I'm good at that! :p

Doomplate is nice indeed, shame I can't fit a helmet with it.

In my current game I'm playing a True Neutral guy who though poor ole Firkraag didn't deserve to die so cannot say much about its scales :p

Axe of Unyelding, Raveger, Cleric's Staff+3

plz :D

Asyliferund +5 elven mail is very ugly ( not your fault, it's standard ) too: after the upgrade it becomes mostly undefined yellow.
Now that you mention it, I like the unimproved version's glow much more, what about removing the glow from the Bladesinger's Chain and move it to the improved version? It would also make the upgraded version more..."distinguished".

:)

Armor of the Hart: what about activating the glow only when the wielder drops below 50% hp? It would help noticing when the special ability activates; having it glowing the whole time is a bit disturbing, expecially because helmets and shields don't match well.
I like the idea quite much, I'll try it asap. Anyway, Armor of the Hart has the same glow of th Helm of Brillianc, and a good looking shield with them would be the Fortress.

I tried some helmets then got stuck with the Helm of defence, later with the Helm of the Rock for elemental defence, so the Helm of Brillance wasn't really needed ( being that Anomen with enough anti:undead firepower ).

I'm still using the Shield of the Fortress with him anyway, and I don't think it matches very well with the Hart's glow.

Point is, while the armor is pretty much universal and the best one for ac-tanks for a long time, many helmets and shields are situational and could be in use on other characters.

Good luck with the intermittant glow ^^

Armors' allocation:I cannot understand if you're asking to move more items in the stores, or if you'd like to found some more "not-evil" armors out of stores.

Obviously I'm asking for both :) . Well the point is that it could be nice to find some armors out of stores, then in order to give money a use put some other things into the stores ( the items the armors are going to substitute ).

Being the mod intended to play with SCS2, do you plan to change a SCS2 added item like the yellow dragon scale armor?

It's a -1 light armor usable by everyone but mages, that lets thieves use their abilities, with 50% resistance to piercing and missile attacks :)

Needless to say I throwed it into a garbage chest and then proceeded to uninstall the ''Improved Abazigai's Lair'' component :) that has some nice ideas like lizardfolk shamans and a bunch of demons teleporting around but is a bit too similar to Tactic's approach to the game [ some lame opponents, like this yellow dragon with boss immunities in a very small room casting wish and half a dozen stoneskins and pfmw, and after it a ambush with 4 dragons big like the yellow one but weaker than wyverns, so unrealistic, and then this unneeded reward ] and bugged ( had to CLUA a rope ).

Some people might like it just because killing dragons is funny anyway, and being the mods supposed to work together it might be worth give a look at that armor

Being the mod intended to play with SCS2, do you plan to change a SCS2 added item like the yellow dragon scale armor?

It's a -1 light armor usable by everyone but mages, that lets thieves use their abilities, with 50% resistance to piercing and missile attacks :)

Well...SCS is generally installed after IR, and thus I'm not sure I would be able to do anything about it. That being said it's a quite rare exception for SCS to add an item (it's also rare for DavidW to make something that looks like a Tactics component) and I do hope it will remain an exception, as it seems out of an AI enhancing mod's scope.

Anyway: an armor with -1 AC (let's consider it a splint mail +5), no penalties to thieving and stealth skills (let's consider it a sort of improved mithral which makes the splint mail a light armor with no penalties), and 2x50% resistances is clearly beyond IR's allowance. It would be more or less +11/+12 total enhancement bonus while the most powerful armors in IR have +7 or +8 total enhancement bonus. Not to mention a 50% physical resistance value is incredibly easy to exploit with things like Armor of Faith spell, Hardiness HLA, Barbarian innate resistances, and so on...

P.S I'm doing what you "requested" for glows...and I've already done and tested Armor of the Hart's one, which now glows only when the wearer hit points drop below 50%. :)

re: spell drinker

I would change the long description to read from

'...when the sorceror-king was studying it to increase his own arts' to '...when the sorceror-king was studying its unique ability to destroy enemy spells causing a temporary gain in the wielder's state of well-being.'

Then, for those who never read the long descriptions anyway:

Spell Drinker (Vampiric) :

or maybe

Spell Drinker (Quasi Vampiric)

Guest D. U. Bertie

Yoshimo's Katana

Does the 2D6 points of nonlethal damage get the backstab multiplier? And I'm wondering, when you tested things did you find that the combination of regular damage and nonlethal damage end up killing the enemy anyway? I'm trying to envisage how you could strike the enemy with the blade and not have them die, but instead only get knocked out.

Did you think of any alternatives to this nonlethal damage that we may mull over? I'm not sure it really fits, having a weapon that does both lethal and nonlethal damage at the same time, since how could Yoshi know which one will apply? Does he want to kill or disable his victim? Does he even have a choice when using this blade?

Yoshimo's Katana +2

Does the 2D6 points of nonlethal damage get the backstab multiplier ... Does he even have a choice when using this blade?
It shouldn't be multiplied when backstabbing, but I haven't tested it too much. Making the player choice may be doable, making two different melle header, one slashing and one "non-lethal". This weapon, as most NPC's equipment is far from being definitive imo. If you have any suggestion about them let me know.

Oh, If Yoshi's katana is changed, KY now needs to be installed AFTER IR's main component. I will change any compatibility threads on it as well.
Why it has to be installed later? Did you do something with the sword?

Adjatha, The Drinker +2

Spell Drinker (Vampiric) :

or maybe

Spell Drinker (Quasi Vampiric)

It's not a vampiric effect, as it doesn't drain target's vitality. It absorns spells and use the energy absorbed to power up and shield the wearer.

Duskblade +2

'It is a foul weapon, and a warrior should use it with caution'

it doesn't seem all that foul to me now.

Don't take everything too literally, it's a foul weapon because of its background, as its power comes from evil sources, it doesn't have to be reflected in how it perform in battle, though Creeping Cold effect is quite appropriate imo (cold damage is often associated to undead/evil creatures in D&D).

Neb's nasty cutter

the long description still says 'only the truly evil would use such a weapon' but the Not usable by: no longer says non-evil aligned characters. One or the other needs to be changed. The

blade now is only equipable by those of evil alignment.

Guest D. U. Bertie

Yoshimo's Katana

I think the concept of Yoshi's weapon being able to knock someone out is sound, but at the moment I can just picture him sheepishly returning to his employer and saying "Ah, boss, it happen again" because he's accidently killed someone. Again.

Your alternate suggestion of the damage being distributed in X rounds to simulate a toxin/poison is a good one, because, in theory, Yoshi could strike his opponent and then wait for the toxin to do its thing, leaving the opponent alive. Could you apply, just as an example (appropriate amounts/duration could be debated at a later date), 2hp of non-lethal damage per round for 2 or 3 rounds, where if this non-lethal damage reduces an opponent to 0 hit points, it knocks them out instead of killing them?

Of course, we're all looking to kill our opponents in Baldur's Gate, but at least a weapon that did this would be capable of rendering the Bounty Hunter's prey unconscious.

Guest D. U. Bertie

Staff of the Magi

The Protection from Evil effect this has, does it mean that effectively the wielder has a permanent Protection from Evil spell cast on them? I'd guess so, but the lack of portrait icon means I can't be sure. Thing is, I'm not too keen on this, since my party is usually Protected from Evil anyway. I'd much rather see a standard AC and saving throws bonus (even if it's only +1) that stacks with the Protection from Evil spell.

Oh, and did we ever find out if BG2 Tweak Pack's "Wear Multiple Protection Items: P&P Restrictions" is compatible with IR? Did lac say whether this was causing the problem she had with the Ring of Protection?

Archived