Feedback

Mike1072

Belt of Inertial Barrier animations is really wicked :thumbsup: It triggers every second casting that yellow globe even if there's no enemy in range ( being in sight of the wearer is enough, then the globe is targetted in the proximity of the caster ) or if the enemy is already slowed. The animation and the casting sound are a bit too intrusive if you ask me, a hidden effect would be preferable.

Belt of Inertial Barrier animations is really wicked :thumbsup: It triggers every second casting that yellow globe even if there's no enemy in range ( being in sight of the wearer is enough, then the globe is targetted in the proximity of the caster ) or if the enemy is already slowed. The animation and the casting sound are a bit too intrusive if you ask me, a hidden effect would be preferable.
Wrong projectile assigned...I'll fix it immediately. :thumbsup:

Edit: added to hotfixes.

One small thing: I use IR together with other mods.

One of them is BG1 NPC Project and they introduce (poorly - it was a bad idea), an encounter with an NPC that gives you a ring that should set your charisma to 18 plus give you the Charm Person ability once per day.

Now, IR makes the item give only +1 to Charisma (and that's very good), but the description still says 18.

sword of balduran:

can you please add an

'always considered to be a +whatever weapon when considering what it can hit' line?

I know it is a shoddily made, but magically potent weapon, but will it hit Golems?

At the beginning of the game, I would like to be able to buy Saerelith a +1 bastard sword to be used against shadows and other things that are hit by magical weapons only. But I cannot find any for sale at the cc (before freeing slaves) or the adventurer's mart.

Thinking on it, Daystar from lich-in-the-crane is the only magical bastard sword I know of in Atklatha. Somebody will likely remind me of the ones I have forgotten, but the weapon still seems under-represented to me.

If you're going to use V2 I've added Sword of Balduran to Deidre (which is a +1 but hits creatures which requires +3 enchantment) and Albruin to Trademeet's Merchant. There's still one more bastard sword I should work on...Bloodbrand. With these three more weapons and Lawgiver I think the early SoA won't be a problem for bastard sword users.

it's in this same 3d, last page before this

belt of inertial barrier --

oh Demivrgvs, Mike1072 -- how I love this new belt. It may become my most favourite new item in the realms. My close enemies are all slowed. How incredibly sweet!

Happy!Happy! Joy! Joy! :)

alas, some terrible honourable voice in me is heard to whisper .... ''maybe too powerful for an item you can buy in the trademeet store"?

Ignore that voice ... back to Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

I think my real problem is that the druid grove quest is, assuming you have Cernd kill off Faldorn, rather easy. If you have to do it yourself, it is indeed harder. Getting Ihtafeers head is somewhat harder still, amazingly more so if you have improved Rakshasas installed. But I have always found this quest incredibly more reward for the effort.

Of course, I generally have somebody along who would do the whole thing for a +3 flaming longsword alone ....

But let me not put bad ideas in your head such as getting rid of that longsword :D

no, back to HAPPY! HAPPY! JOY! JOY! ;)

Thank you for the belt of intertial barrier,

Laura

changing Carsomyr to be a +4 weapon

I think this may be a mistake. If your game objective is 'kill the summoned demon lord from Mother Ardulace's ritual' and you want this badly enough to kill Fierkraag before leaving for spellhold, in order to get a weapon that can touch the Demon Lord, you will be most disappointed if it won't. Or can the Demon Lord be hit by +4 weapons now?

I think this may be a mistake. If your game objective is 'kill the summoned demon lord from Mother Ardulace's ritual' and you want this badly enough to kill Fierkraag before leaving for spellhold, in order to get a weapon that can touch the Demon Lord, you will be most disappointed if it won't. Or can the Demon Lord be hit by +4 weapons now?

That Demon Lord is quite bugged imo, he's immune to +4 weapons but can be hit by +3 ones. :) I asked Mike to "fix" it by removing the +4 immunity which seems both an "error" and unappropriate considering not even Demogorgon is immune to +4 weapons! No other creature in the entire game is immune to +4 weapons.

That Demon Lord is quite bugged imo, he's immune to +4 weapons but can be hit by +3 ones. :) I asked Mike to "fix" it by removing the +4 immunity which seems both an "error" and unappropriate considering not even Demogorgon is immune to +4 weapons! No other creature in the entire game is immune to +4 weapons.

For all these years I have thought that the only way to kill him was with bolts of glory -- given how rarely I play Paladins. And +3 weapons hit him ..... now why was I certain that it took +5 or better? sigh, sigh.

But the description of Carsomyr still is inconsistent -- the long description says that it does extra damage to those of evil and chaos alignment, but I think the revised one only does extra to evil ones. At least that is what the short description says. So one or the other description needs changing.

;)

Christmas is a very busy time for me -- I spend it cooking and entertaining relatives, which leaves very little time over for playing games. Expect more from me in the next year.

No other creature in the entire game is immune to +4 weapons.
Than a mage with PfMW...

Christmas is a very busy time for me -- I spend it cooking and entertaining relatives
Must be really good entertainment or the cooking part might get a few objections from the relatives, being cooked. :) How do you do it? ;)

Archived