Looking for a Mac Tester (No Longer Needed)

Mike1072

Hey,, can I grab tra files from mac version and try to fix some strings of translation? (I've did more than half of Item Revision ).
You're welcome. While you're at it you may want to now the version uploaded by Mike unfortunately has an outdated Staff of Rynn description, my fault. Other than that .tra file should be fine.

P.S More than half?! It's great! I wonder, how could we organize ourselves to make sure whenever I change some background/description you can take it into account?

So the "setup-item_rev" -file and the setup-item_rev.command are Mac files, right? :thumbsup:

So I can delete them? :thumbsup:

I think so.

Tested on my Mac just now, all components installed - character creation is fine, spellcasting is fine; but the app crashed the moment my PC equipped a buckler (from the first table in Chateau Irenicus). It's no great mystery though - I immediately suspected the 1PP files included with the mod because of how the crash occurred, and sure enough, Item Revisions uses the same "blank .plt hack" as the older versions of 1PP. Simply put, the Mac version of the engine is more sensitive to effectively corrupt files, and non-valid .plts WILL cause crashes. The alternative workaround I discovered a couple of years ago consists of making duplicates of the 1PP .bams and changing their extension to .plt - replacing the blank .plts with them. It works - as the files aren't corrupt, just a different format to what the engine is expecting - and doesn't cause crashes.

There might be something else causing crashes as well, but this certainly seems the probable cause.

Erephine makes an invalid .PLT file to cause the BG engine to fall back to using her .BAM file. For the PC version, she uses a 6 or 20 byte text file for the .PLT, but this apparently isn't large enough for the Mac. To do that she (amusingly) duplicates the .BAM file to the .PLT. I did this after installing IR and everything seems to be running OK.

Erephine makes an invalid .PLT file to cause the BG engine to fall back to using her .BAM file. For the PC version, she uses a 6 or 20 byte text file for the .PLT, but this apparently isn't large enough for the Mac. To do that she (amusingly) duplicates the .BAM file to the .PLT. I did this after installing IR and everything seems to be running OK.

I finally deciphered Gorilym's post tonight and figured this out. My previous fix here (embarrassingly) simply included some files we had skipped, but the one I'm uploading now has the various 1PP components separated a bit more, and uses the latest files. I grabbed the Mac version of the v2 files (which has the PLTs as copied BAMs), and double-checked them just to be sure.

I'm very optimistic that this will have solved the problem.

Seems OK. I started a virgin BG2 with IR v2 beta2 loaded with a female elf, which should use your CEFC1INV.BAM, and it showed a miniskirted paperdoll on the inventory screen. I removed the CEFC1INV.PLT file and restarted BG2 and it showed the standard calf-length dress.

Archived