SR V2.9

Demivrgvs

Anyway this is really a matter I'd leave for when I finally have the time to start a topic or two on Kit Revisions. My efforts as of now should be put into SR as I'd like to finish V3 as soon as possible.

Speaking of that, I am looking forward to the Topic with suggested revisions for arcane magic.

I guess it's going to be an even broader discussion there so I doubt SR V3 might have a chance to come out and give us a merrier Xmas, but we'll try our best to be of assistance. :)

This spell rocks, I absolutely adore it, but it would be a real pain to code.
It was a response to "illusions can't walk around killing things" statement rather than a purposition to implement it.

However, that doesn't have to be 'tons' of spells (NWN's versions afair allows to select from only 4-5 spells to simulate).

However, that doesn't have to be 'tons' of spells (NWN's versions afair allows to select from only 4-5 spells to simulate).
Well, the problem is that making the creatures is one thing and then making their innate spells and attacks is another... after all a shadow doesn't do damage to you if it ain't you doing it to yourself/you believe in that it can.

Hmm, would the shadow demons be under the summoners control/command? And how many Shadow Pit Fiends does it take to kill normal Pit Fiend??? None, there are no normal Pit Fiends. :)

And here we go...fortunately a good amount of arcane spells were already discussed!

Arcane Spells

Ray of Enfeeblement

The victim suffers -3 penalty to attack and damage rolls, and movement speed is reduced by 50%, but a successful save vs. spell at -1 negates all the effects. Should it be stackable with itself? I suppose it should, and in that case the spell is ready.

Lightning Bolt

Do you like it as it is now? Should we reduce the damage and add something like a chance to stun 1 round, or a small 5' radius of collateral damage? Feel free to disregard the suggestions, I'm not even convinced myself of them. :D

Ghost Armor

As I said, AC 3 and 1D4 points of magic damage to whoever strikes the caster in melee. Does it seems fine?

Dimension Door

It was already included in V1 though "hidden", would you want to reintroduce it? In that case I think a small improvement would be required to make it appealing as a 4th level spell. Instead of "teleporting" the caster once, it may allow a "jump" each round for x rounds.

Emotion: Despair

Do you like it? The original version actually is a mass Doom (-2 to attack, damage and saves) instead of -4 to to attack, damage, and AC.

Oracle

Is its current SR's incarnation fine? Else it may became a sort of Dispel Illusion + Clairvoyance, or something similar.

Spell Shield

This spell is broken, has a few issues, and may cause a lot of frustration in some cases (may absorbs infinite spells), which is why SCS fortunately uses it very few times. I think that we may even decide to completely change what it does to make it a likeable and "issue free" spell.

Just so you know, in PnP Spell Shield has two versions (both from 'Magic of Faerun'):

1) 2nd level Spell Shield grants +3 to saves

2) Azuth's Spell Shield instead is a 7th level spell and grants spell resistance to allies

I actually don't like the idea of mass spell resistance, thus I'd prefer something like 1) though obvioulsy more powerful. Have you any suggestion?

Sunfire

As anticipated, it doesn't make the caster immune to fire for 3 seconds anymore, and the spell won't cause the caster to display the damaged/hit animation. I would have liked to make it not bypass magic resistance, you're lucky it can't be done! ;)

Tenser's Transformation

This is something many of you asked for, and I've fortunately managed to do it! The caster gets additional attacks per round as a fighter of the same level (+1/2 at 7th and +1 at 13th). Fighter/mages won't gain additional attacks per round. :D

Protection from Magical Weapons

This is actually a technical change, I'd replace the total immunity with immunity to magical weapons from +1 to +6. What's for? Currently I can think of only one benefit: Black Blade of Disaster will have one of its most powerful unimplemented power, "ignores any spell protection".

Does anyone know if there's any instance of items uncorrectly flagged that may bypass it? E.g. Vanilla's Arrow of Dispelling was flagged as magical but with enchantment level 0, and I still have to check how that work.

Disintegrate

As some of you "requested" I've made it deal 2D6 points of magic damage per level (up to 40D6) with 5D6 on a successful save.

Ruby Ray of Reversal

It does a few more things in PnP:

- any trap targeted by it is sprung

- unlock just like Knock spell

- a polymorphed creature is forced to its normal state (may be doable, casting a Natural Form spell on target)

- reverse a Flesh to Stone spell (it would make Stone to Flesh even more pointless than now)

- destroy webs, grease and entangle (quite hard to implement)

Let me know if you think some of these things are worth to be worked on.

Sphere of Chaos

I fear its current version is not universaly liked, and I'm not even able to estimate its effectiveness. Would you prefer to make it back cause random effects? The differences between vanilla's version would be that we could decide which effects apply (I'd say confusion, berserk, fear, sleep, ...) and that I wouldn't use effects that may be beneficial to opponents. Let me know what do you prefer. Theoretically we may keep wild surge as one of its effects anyway.

Delayed Blast Fireball

I'm very convinced its damage output potential has to be raised from a maximum of 15D6 at 15th level to 20D6 at 20th.

Finger of Death

Why the arcan version doesn't have the +1damage/level on a successful save? I'd add it.

Mordenkainen's Sword

I'm going to add a custom script to make sure it doesn't revolt to its caster just like all the others SR's summons. I do think this summon (which isn't really a "summoned creature") shouldn't be affected by ADHW, but I also think I should make it dispellable as per PnP.

Summon Nishruu/Hakeashar

I wanted to add a "dispelling aura" to them, do you agree?

Control Undead

As a 7th level spell it really was a waste of a slot imo. Thus I've made it not allow a save to undead creatures with 5 or more HD less than the caster (up to 15HD at 20th level). It has been a little tricky to make it work with Death Knights summoned by Cocofiend (I had to make it temporarily assigns a custom script to avoid the creature still behave as hostile), but a 19th level Necromancer controlling a Death Knight is extremely fun imo. In terms of power a Death Knight probably is a little more powerful than a Deva but not as powerful as a Planetar, thus the spell shouln't be unbalanced (and you have to cast two 7th level spells to summon it and then take control of it!).

Alternatively we may just increase the spell's AoE. Let me know what do you think.

Incendiary Cloud

I haven't got any suggestion about it...as we stated blindness may cause havoc to the AI, would allowing a save against it rebalance it? Alternatively the damage may be raised to 6D6 per round, or we may "manually" add some penalties (e.g. -2 penalty to THAC0 and AC, maybe a 20% spell failure, ...).

Minor Spell Sequencer, Spell Sequencer & Spell Trigger

In PnP Faerun they are Simbul's Spell Matrix/Sequencer/Trigger respectively and work slightly different.

1) they belong to Alteration school instead of Evocation, and that makes more sense imo, but I would even go as far as making these spells belong to Universal school.

2) they are more powerful (e.g. Spell Matrix is a 5th level spell instead of 4th and allows four 3rd level spells to be stored) but I think in BG they already are very effective. The only thing I may think about is if the 4th level one should allow 3 spells like the other two.

3) in PnP their casting time is extremely long, and I'd like to implement it somehow.

Contingency/Chain Contingency

As for sequencer, should we make them belong to Alteration? Would Universal school be even more appropriate?

Meteor Swarm

I've changed it to allow a save to reduce damage to half, but damage output now is 40D4! It deserves imo to be the most damaging spell in the game, and the new animation (which looks like a bombardement of minute meteors) makes tons of small dices of damage quite appropriate.

Energy Drain

As I previously announced I've added a vampiric effect to it. As of now I've opted for 20 hit points drain, but if you have a better suggestion let me know.

Black Blade of Disaster

Revised to use V3's Disintegrate on hit, and to bypass PfMW in case we apply the aforementioned tweak to the 6th level spell. It won't deal physical damage anymore, only magic damage, thus making the whole damage bypass Stoneskin too. :) The disintegrate on hit effect may be implemented in two ways (I've found the spell in two different books): every hit, with a +2 bonus on save as per vanilla, or 15% chance with a -6 penalty to the save. I'd vote for the latter. Being made of pure magical energy strength bonuses do not apply, making it slightly less appealing for fighter/mages who generally have very good STR.

Bigby's Crushing Hand

Would replacing "unconsciousness" with "stun" make it slightly more effective?

Dragon's Breath

This spell is way overpowered:t does more damage than Meteor Swarm, it's party friendly and bypasses magic resistance! ;) Being party friendly doesn't make much sense, but I wouldn't change it. I'd like to know your opinions, but if we let it bypass magic resistance at least we should drastically reduce its damage output to 20D6. It would still be as damaging as ADHW, with the advantage of bypassing magic resistance (which is a huge advantage!) and knocking back unconscious opponents. I would however improve it somehow, both save to half damage and save vs. knockback would get a -6 penalty.

I have a few more ideas, but think we already have quite a few things to discuss here.

Ray of Enfeeblement

For a 2nd level it's powerful without stavking imo.

Ghost Armor

I think 1d4 is way too low. Remember the talk about Fire Shields? I'd make it similar, like 1d4+1/3lvl, up to +5.

Does anyone know if there's any instance of items uncorrectly flagged that may bypass it? E.g. Vanilla's Arrow of Dispelling was flagged as magical but with enchantment level 0, and I still have to check how that work.
Search with Weidu?

Ruby Ray of Reversal

Those are good things, but I can't see them being useful ingame. Given it's a 7th level slot, no less.

3) I'm not sure it will have any real effect aside from annoyance. If that's for an anti cheese then 2 rounds should be fine imho

Black Blade of Disaster

!!!

Energy Drain

Isn't it just too weak still?

All the other spells

I either don't care, not sure or agree with them.

Can't Dimension Door break the game if you use it to teleport over an important area on the map that's supposed to trigger something? I think I read somewhere that that's why it was removed from the game.

Ghost Armor

I think 1d4 is way too low. Remember the talk about Fire Shields? I'd make it similar, like 1d4+1/3lvl, up to +5.
That is actually what I originally had in mind.

PfMW

Search with Weidu?
Well, I can do it for vanilla's items, but I don't have mod items installed, and I just asked because someone may have something to say about this "tweak".

Ruby Ray of Reversal

Those are good things, but I can't see them being useful ingame. Given it's a 7th level slot, no less.
A very little advantage is that in a single slot you have a multipurpose spell, but I agree with you those features just add some flavor to the spell. Anyway only after discovering them I finally understood why this spell is an Alteration one! :D

3) I'm not sure it will have any real effect aside from annoyance. If that's for an anti cheese then 2 rounds should be fine imho
Yeah, in PnP it takes 1 round, plus one round for each spell stored, but it really isn't necessary in BG.

Black Blade of Disaster

!!!
What do you mean? :)

Energy Drain

Isn't it just too weak still?
I'm not sure. Determining how effective are 4 drained levels is quite difficult because it depends on target's level and class. As I said I'm open to suggestions.

Dimension Door

Can't Dimension Door break the game if you use it to teleport over an important area on the map that's supposed to trigger something? I think I read somewhere that that's why it was removed from the game.
I'll look into it, though I suppose it doesn't give problems in most situations. Casting Poison against a table crashes the game too but I don't think that would justify removing the spell, just don't try to poison a table with a spell! ;)

Find Familiar

I certainly hope that you have not included this in your list because you have everything ready!!!! ;)

Ray of Enfeeblement

The competition for the level 2 slots will be very hard so I think its effect should stack, considering also that the saving throws negates all the effects.

Lightning Bolt

I think a collateral damage is actually a very good idea but only at range 1 (or 2) though (that is, targets that are practically next to each other - to simulate electric propagation).

Ghost Armor

It sounds fine.

Dimension Door

Personally I am not fond of the party having spells that the enemies don't use (that was my only problem with introducing True Strike but the situation there was different: we HAD to remove the useless Infravision in favour of something new). So I would vote against it. There is already Ding0's Tweaks that introduce this spell if someone really wants it after all.

Emotion: Despair

I like the SR version of the spell better so I'd keep it like it is.

Oracle

The combo Dispel Illusions+Clarvoyance is really tempting and more power to Divination spells is always good. I say, why not?

Spell Shield

My suggestion: set Magic Resistance to 5% + 1% per level of the caster (not stackable) and automatic successful saves vs. spell for the duration of the spell (caster only).

Sunfire

All okay here.

Tenser's Transformation

See above.

I am not sure I understand the reason for the change. Can you elaborate?

Disintegrate

Yes, it's better.

Ruby Ray of Reversal

I would think that the first three suggestions are worth being worked on.

Sphere of Chaos

Well, I am one of those who like the current version instead although I'd like to have more details about how small the chance that the effects of the wild surge will be beneficial is (it must be really tiny, like 1% or 2%).

Delayed Blast Fireball

Yes, do it.

Finger of Death

If divine and arcane share spells with the same name and practically identically effects then I think it makes sense to complete the job and iron out any small difference. But is it always so? There are spells that are placed on different level slots. Ex. Detect Evil is level 2 for divine and level 1 for arcane. One solution could be to move Finger of Death one slot up or down (depending on if we want to change the arcane or divine spellbook), another is to keep them at the same level and include the extra damage for the arcane version although I like the first solution better (because I am not fond of spells that are completely identical for arcane and divine users).

Mordenkainen's Sword

Well, I don't think it should be dispellable just for the reason you said ("it's not really a summoned creature") but I do agree that ADHW should not affect it. Also, I don't like the idea of the custom script: I like the idea of the sword fighting back the caster if damaged by friendly fire. Plus, if possible, I'd like to introduce the limit of having always one such spell active in the battle field (meaning: once Mordenkainen's Sword is cast by one party, then this spell can be cast again only when the duration of the former has expired).

Summon Nishruu/Hakeashar

Why would you want to do that? A summon dispelling seems a contradiction to me. Not to mention it would be too powerful.

Control Undead

I like your first solution. Go for it.

Incendiary Cloud

If the AI doesn't get too much messed up, I would keep the blindness effect as it is because I (and perhaps others) don't think that the other suggested solutions would be good.

Yes to changing them to Universal and yes to a long casting time.

Contingency/Chain Contingency

Yes to changint them to Universal. It is consistent with the change suggested above (either both of them or none).

Meteor Swarm

:)

Energy Drain

I would rather see the vampire effect change with the level of the caster. If you also think it's better so, then you might think of a good output.

Black Blade of Disaster

I like all of the suggested changes.

Bigby's Crushing Hand

Even better (and more appropriate), paralyzed.

Dragon's Breath

Hm... Why did you exclude the possible change of removing its "party friendly" effect? Without it, the spell would be much less powerful.

It looks like your approach to the game is very similar to mine so everything you though looks fine to me :) just don't let others discourage you :D

Heck I wonder if anybody did try the incendiary cloud in game yet because it's seriously game breaking, like a power word blind with huge duration, area and damage, still people are against removing blindness ;) I'd say keep the blindness but only for the first round and allowing a save if removing it is not welcome. In my game I only removed the blindness and still it's a easy way to distrupt any mage spellcasting with a single spell.

Summons: Mord swords have no mind so wonder why they should rebel, that was a oversight; genies and efreeti have a mind and not a strong bound to the caster so they could react, but it looks silly to me that a efreeti rebels if I cast a fireball in the crowd hitting him, while he's a fire creature and should thank me for the warm-up :D

Dimension Door looks funny, but would be useful in a combat only if the 'jump' is a free action and lets the mage cast a spell in the same round; it was removed from the original game because players could have misused it and ended the game moving to some unreachable location or ruining some quest ( like bypassing doors in the illithid city ); people downloading mods like SR aren't first timers so aren't going to breack the game voluntarly anyway I hope.

Do you remember about some other edits discussed in the past, like improving duration to (Improved) Mantle and Absolute immunity spells? ( from 4 to 5-6-7 rounds I reckon ) Or Champion's Strength spellfailure changed to fatigue.

Minor suggestions related to casting speed and durations ( things I already start changing in my game but it's a pain to keep when it's time to reinstall mods ;) ): level 1-2 clerics buffs ( bless, chant.. ) casting speed changed from 5/10 to 1/2, and slowly applying the same path ( spell level = casting time ) to other spells where it does make sense ( obviously not to pfmw or power words ). Luck and Aid duration improved to match other buffs: from 1 turn to 5 turns for Luck ( same as most arcane buffs ) and from 1 turn to 1 turn/level for Aid ( same as most divine buffs ).

Protection from cold/fire and acid/lighting: what about a homogeneous solution, making all four spells protect the same amount, placing them all at the same level, and making the creature immune to spellcasting failure caused by spells of that element ( a thing I read you implemented for the level 5 ones but can't find how with NI, any hint? ).

[bug report maybe] Trying to get rid of Symbol of Weakness I used the Limited Wish option 'I want my party to be healed' and the effects vanished, but the portrait disease icon stayed forever. That spell is a pain to remove if you are soloing or not using clerics btw, can you let Heal get rid of it or make it last 8 hours instead of being permanent?

Oh and I'd welcome any change to the wish spells that adds some variety and removes some cheese :D

Thanks Salk, a very comprehensive post!

Find Familiar

I certainly hope that you have not included this in your list because you have everything ready!!!! ;)
I've "not included" it because I've not included spells which were already listed in the first post of this topic, unless I needed to add some suggestion...

Lightning Bolt

I think a collateral damage is actually a very good idea but only at range 1 (or 2) though (that is, targets that are practically next to each other - to simulate electric propagation).
Yes, I wouldn't use anything more than 5' radius, which is more or less the range of a two-handed sword.

Dimension Door

There is already Ding0's Tweaks that introduce this spell if someone really wants it after all.
I know, but SR's one would be much more useful if we decide to introduce it.

Oracle

The combo Dispel Illusions+Clarvoyance is really tempting and more power to Divination spells is always good. I say, why not?
Divination surely is the most underrepresented school ever.

Spell Shield

My suggestion: set Magic Resistance to 5% + 1% per level of the caster (not stackable) and automatic successful saves vs. spell for the duration of the spell (caster only).
Save vs. spell in SR covers "only" mind affecting spells and a few more.

I am not sure I understand the reason for the change. Can you elaborate?
As of now the spell use "immunity to weapons of enchantment: 0", which blocks weapons of any enchantment level. To make selected attacks able to bypass it (e.g. BBoD as per PnP) I have to change it to work as the Mantle spells, thus using multiple "immunity to weapons of enchantment: x", with x being 1, 2, ..., 6 (enchantment 6 is necessary only for players not using IR).

Sphere of Chaos

Well, I am one of those who like the current version instead although I'd like to have more details about how small the chance that the effects of the wild surge will be beneficial is (it must be really tiny, like 1% or 2%).
I don't know it either, but the beneficial effects I was talking about were vanilla's "cure 20hp" and "haste" effects, which could be casted on targets.

Finger of Death

If divine and arcane share spells with the same name and practically identically effects then I think it makes sense to complete the job and iron out any small difference. But is it always so? There are spells that are placed on different level slots. Ex. Detect Evil is level 2 for divine and level 1 for arcane. One solution could be to move Finger of Death one slot up or down (depending on if we want to change the arcane or divine spellbook), another is to keep them at the same level and include the extra damage for the arcane version although I like the first solution better (because I am not fond of spells that are completely identical for arcane and divine users).
Spells that are placed at different levels for arcane and divine casters probably are meant to indicate that some spells are more familiar/easy to cast for one type of caster than the other. But unless they use different names/icons I don't understand why they should work differently except for the save penalty due to different spell level. Speaking of that, priest's Mental Domination should cause the "dominated" creature to fight with a -2 thac0 penalty and 20% spell failure, to indicate the spell is not Dominate and that the priest has not full control of the target like an Enchanter would.

Mordenkainen's Sword

Well, I don't think it should be dispellable just for the reason you said ("it's not really a summoned creature") but I do agree that ADHW should not affect it.
The dispel effect should actually replace Death Spell for this "summon", because the Magical Sword is just like a Flame/Phantom Sword, the difference is that the caster guide it telepathically instead of wielding it.
Also, I don't like the idea of the custom script: I like the idea of the sword fighting back the caster if damaged by friendly fire.
It's not a sentient sword, it's a magical energy shaped as a sword a fully controlled by the wizard's mind. At least that is how it was intended in PnP, and how I prefer to consider it.
Plus, if possible, I'd like to introduce the limit of having always one such spell active in the battle field (meaning: once Mordenkainen's Sword is cast by one party, then this spell can be cast again only when the duration of the former has expired).
That is a really nice balancing suggestion, and even reasonable because teorethically the caster should concentrate to guide the sword and couldn't manage to mentally controll more than one sword at a time. The only thing I don't know is if there are instances where the same AI controlled mage would waste a spell trying to cast a second sword.

Summon Nishruu/Hakeashar

Why would you want to do that? A summon dispelling seems a contradiction to me. Not to mention it would be too powerful.
Because in PnP these creatures "eat" all magic within 5' radius, and because for example a protection from normal weapon shouldn't completely blocks a Nishruu imo.

Incendiary Cloud

If the AI doesn't get too much messed up, I would keep the blindness effect as it is because I (and perhaps others) don't think that the other suggested solutions would be good.
Heck I wonder if anybody did try the incendiary cloud in game yet because it's seriously game breaking, like a power word blind with huge duration, area and damage, still people are against removing blindness :) I'd say keep the blindness but only for the first round and allowing a save if removing it is not welcome. In my game I only removed the blindness and still it's a easy way to distrupt any mage spellcasting with a single spell.
Let's try to allow a save each round to avoid being blinded for 1 round, powerful creatures should manage to avoid being blinded at least 50% of times. Does it seem ok for now?

Energy Drain

I would rather see the vampire effect change with the level of the caster. If you also think it's better so, then you might think of a good output.
I generally prefer it too, but you get the spell at 18th level, thus the scalability would just be for 3 levels.

Bigby's Crushing Hand

Even better (and more appropriate), paralyzed.
That's how it currently works, I was trying a way to make the 8th and 9th level versions slightly different.

Dragon's Breath

Hm... Why did you exclude the possible change of removing its "party friendly" effect? Without it, the spell would be much less powerful.
For the same reason I had to keep ADHW "party friendly", the AI uses it as a party friendly spell, removing that feature would seriously screw SCSII's mages who use HLAs. Partially the same could be said for its "bypass magic resistance" feature though that wouldn't create any issue.

Vanilla's Dragon's Breath had no save penalties at all, thus in ToB almost any opponent worth a 9th level spell would take half damage (10D10), thus reducing the damage to 20D6 with a -6 penalty isn't too penalizing imo, especially considering that the unconsciousness would have a much higher chance to connect. I may allow 20D8, but 20D10 is really too much imo, and it would completely outshine a powerful spell like Meteor Swarm. The latter should at least have a better damage output considering it's not party-friendly and it doesn't bypass magic resistance.

Miscellaneous

Do you remember about some other edits discussed in the past, like improving duration to (Improved) Mantle and Absolute immunity spells? ( from 4 to 5-6-7 rounds I reckon ) Or Champion's Strength spellfailure changed to fatigue.
Yeah, thanks for reminding me.
Let's try to allow a save each round to avoid being blinded for 1 round, powerful creatures should manage to avoid being blinded at least 50% of times. Does it seem ok for now?

Compared to Power Word Blind that's same level, single target, short duration and no damage over time, that looks overpowered in the hands of PCs and never used smart by a NPC.

Before release it try a quick test summoning a mage/lich and casting this spell over his head and see how he does ^^ Between spellfailure caused by damage ( even if 100% fire immune ) and random blindness he's proly not going to land a single long casting spell even with 50%. In the fight at the bottom of Watcher's Keep against Azamantes there are 3 flaming skulls casting incendiary cloud on the whole floor and while they are immune to the fire damage they are not protected vs blindness making it a double edge sword used silly too, that's another fight ruined by that spell.

Main issue is that blindness doesn't allow smarter AI to walk out of the cloud ( while a blinded player can use his allies vision or fast click on terrain ); clouds are already enough cheese.

Demivrgvs,

thanks for all your replies.

Just few more counters:

Spell Shield

Yes, in SR save vs spell is nerfed and it might affect a limited number of spells but an automatic save against them is a good feature, plus let's not forget that together with it I am proposing a magic protection which would affect all kind of spells. So, in short, I still think it's a good revision.

Incendiary Cloud

Agreed.

Dragon's Breath

Okay now I get it. It's the usual messing with SCS AI problem (it starts getting on my nerves since many good suggestions or fine working spells get discarded because of this)

Thanks for your time and keep it up! :)

Dimension Door

If there's a chance that this could break someone's game, I really don't think you should include it. Imagine playing through a large part of the game and then it breaking because of a Dimension Door spell that SR added. If such a thing is possible, I don't see how anyone can argue that the spell should be included.

Mordenkainen's Sword

The dispel effect should actually replace Death Spell for this "summon", because the Magical Sword is just like a Flame/Phantom Sword, the difference is that the caster guide it telepathically instead of wielding it.
While it sounds good, I'm afraid it may clash with AI that would generally use Death Spell for that purpose.
That is a really nice balancing suggestion, and even reasonable because teorethically the caster should concentrate to guide the sword and couldn't manage to mentally controll more than one sword at a time.
You probably know it well enough and can work it out, but just in case - there must be insurance that the wizard won't have to wait for duration to expire if a sword's already dead. I don't recall if vanilla's Simulacrum and Elemental Summoning HLAs attend this problem, but like I've - just in case.

Black Blade of Disaster
!!!
What do you mean?
Exactly what I've said - !!! :)
Arcane Spells

Emotion: Despair Do you like it? The original version actually is a mass Doom (-2 to attack, damage and saves) instead of -4 to to attack, damage, and AC.

The original is really bad, so remake the spell as it was intended.

Spell Shield

Make it to make the saves with 1 to all saves, +50% spell damage resistance.

Sphere of Chaos

Your suggestion is far better than massive wild surge area.

Summon Nishruu/Hakeashar Agreed.

1) Good.

2) 3 spells, good.

3) As I have said, the two/three round caster auto stun is in order.

Energy Drain

As I previously announced I've added a vampiric effect to it. As of now I've opted for 20 hit points drain, but if you have a better suggestion let me know.

Well, I would make the spell drain 1 or 2 levels per turn with save on each turn against drain the effect(not the spell), until the creature is dead, or the caster is dead or leaves the area. :)

Golems etc. creatures could be immune of course.

Archived