Spell Expiry

BloodBeast

Sometimes my charname gets poisoned, or Stunned, or Held, and I just sit there and wonder, how long is it going to be? If it's 10 rounds, maybe I will have a cleric cast a spell to neutralize the poison, but if it's 1 round, maybe I will just let it be.....
I may accept the opinion that mages can count down the remaining time for his spells, though I don't agree...but allowing the opponent to know the expiration time is clearly wrong imo.

Why on earth the victim should be able to know how long the negative effect will last?! "Hey you! I'm gonna poison you, but don't worry within 2 rounds you'll be fine, don't use an antidote!" :)

Ha ha, you may be right, but do you ever get the flu and feel really really sick, like you can't open your eyes and can't even get out of bed, and sore all over? And then two days later you still feel sick, but you can get back to work, do everything you used to do, even though in the back of your throat there's still that nagging feeling?

I am just saying, a creature in Faerun may have the same experience, or instinct or what not, that tells him "yeah, this disease is gonna be the end of me (tuberculosis, coughing up blood)" or "heck, It's just an infection of the finger nail (3 HP), I'll just tough it out".

Hrm, the only way I could think of to do this would be to add delayed effects to every spell - and every leveled effect in the spell. The effect could play an animation or set a token (IIRC) which would show up in the status.

In any case, it would be clumsy, tedious and annoying.

Archived