BG1 Tweak to Tutu upgrade - Clerics with Swords

Guest Blackbird71

Guest Blackbird71

After not having played BG1 in years, I got bored a while back and decided to return to a classic. I never tried out Tutu before, so I'm giving it a try. Now, I'm trying to implement a change I used to use.

There was a mod (I believe it is in the BG1 Tweaks) which allowed multiclass clerics/druids to use any weapon allowed by their other class which would be otherwise prohibited by their mythos. There does not seem to be any corresponding change included in the BG2 Tweaks, which as I understand is the version that would have to be used with Tutu.

Is there any chance of getting a change like this implemented in the tweak pack? Barring that, is there a way I can make the change manually?

Advice/help is much appreciated!

Is there any chance of getting a change like this implemented in the tweak pack?
Well, you have several options, Ashes of Ember, is one. The Level One NPCs is another(it has this exact tweak... and several others, like deciding exact classes and kit and weapon profs for all the original NPCs...)

Barring that, is there a way I can make the change manually?
Believe me, you don't want to do that.
Guest Blackbird71

Thanks for the info, I'll have to check out those mods.

Heh, no, I don't think doing it manually would be my first choice, I'm just crazy enough to give it a try :blush: Thankfully, it looks like I won't have to.

There was a mod (I believe it is in the BG1 Tweaks) which allowed multiclass clerics/druids to use any weapon allowed by their other class which would be otherwise prohibited by their mythos...

Is there any chance of getting a change like this implemented in the tweak pack? Barring that, is there a way I can make the change manually?

It's there, but all I did was steal it from the Icewind Dale tweak pack.

As for getting it to work for BG2, I'll see what I can do 'cause I'd like to see it in the BG2 Tweaks as well... :blush:

I use Level 1 NPCs for this. And sometimes I do it by altering the NPC's class.

For example, I currently have Viconia changed to a multiclass Fighter-Cleric. Via L1NPC's "Allow fighter/clerics... two stars in any weapon type - just using the fighter restrictions rather than the cleric" component I have her dual-wielding scimitars. She's now a great frontline fighter. (I purchased the strength belt at Adventurer's Mart for her.) For my current party composition I really needed a priest who could melee, and I was tired of using Jaheira and Anomen.

Nice to have the options to do this sort of thing. I also have Viconia's BG2 Friendship mod installed, and with both those modifications it really does offer a rather fresh experience of the character.

(Sidenote: I'm considering trying something similar with Korgan, eventually--although for him a Fighter-Thief makes more sense. I can't really see him as a cleric, by temperment. Anyway, might be amusing to see him backstabbing with dual-wielded axes, lol.)

Archived