Feedback

For SRR, I put them into their own settings.ini option that is enabled by default, but the opportunity to disable it before installation is there for people who want to (and to no-one's surprise, I am one of those people). I'm pretty sure I also tied a few different creatures' saving throws to that setting as well for both IRR and SRR, since there are a number of included creatures in both mods who assume that those saving tables are installed - though that's obviously less important than the playable characters, which is the main issue. I personally like the "enabled by default but users can disable it when they really desire to" approach for things that have been standard/expected behavior since forever and/or for when it maintains the author's creative vision, especially because I think even if you specifically go out and solicit for feedback on something, it can be very difficult to determine within the community what is actually the preferred behavior of something that has stood for many years in stable/long-time mods like SR...until, I think, you actually go and change it, and then people might turn up to tell you that it was a bad idea and they're mad about it, which is not really ideal either. So I kind of tend to believe there's a lot of value in making "default but optional" settings for stuff like this - where it's realistic and wanted, anyways.

Edited by Bartimaeus
On 3/8/2024 at 12:07 PM, subtledoctor said:

I know this is a year old but I happened upon it and it struck me: PW:Silence really is a bit underpowered against mages - specifically against SCS mages who almost always have Vocalize at the ready.

Is it, though? It has a very short casting time, doesn't permit a saving throw, definitely forces the mage to waste a round countering it, and if timed well can disrupt what they're doing this round too. Not too bad for a 6th level slot, particularly given an action economy where generally there are more player actions than enemy spellcaster actions.

Ha, was not aware of that. I do not have much time, but it is not difficult to segregate the copying of the tables to its own component, so if I can get around to it, and there are no objections, I can put up a patch. Was about to release rc5 after fixing the bug with find traps, but can delay it for this.

Documentation... that is a tougher one.

Hold off for like a day on rc5 - I need to make sure I didn’t screw up the Sleep patch. (Might have forgotten about the pre-EE engine and left an EE-only opcode in it.) I’ll double-check that, and make a PR with an extra component for the saving throw tables.

16 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Hold off for like a day on rc5 - I need to make sure I didn’t screw up the Sleep patch. (Might have forgotten about the pre-EE engine and left an EE-only opcode in it.) I’ll double-check that, and make a PR with an extra component for the saving throw tables.

Already pushed a PR for the saving throw tables, so that is covered. Will wait on you about the sleep patch.