Feedback

Aesthetically I actually think there's a fairly good case for using the water weird (I use it intentionally in SCS's IWD spell component).Elementals in BG2 have a fairly consistent aesthetic that's quite different from the blocky humanoid elementals in IWD, and (imo) the water weird fits that aesthetic better than the IWD elemental.

FWIW when I made a water elemental summons once upon a time, I just used the ice golem animation, which was in the TOB files and, while frozen, is still water.  Close enough!  But yeah the various mods that do this use IWD resources, I believe - generally one or the other of the two Jarno showed.

On 9/2/2020 at 6:20 AM, DavidW said:

Aesthetically I actually think there's a fairly good case for using the water weird (I use it intentionally in SCS's IWD spell component).Elementals in BG2 have a fairly consistent aesthetic that's quite different from the blocky humanoid elementals in IWD, and (imo) the water weird fits that aesthetic better than the IWD elemental.

Sure... but have you seen it "walk" ? Cause I would remember it to: not be able to ! Or it looked horriffic... cause it's not humanoid.

7 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Sure... but have you seen it "walk" ? Cause I would remember it to: not be able to ! Or it looked horriffic... cause it's not humanoid.

It just slides. Not terribly exciting, but not obtrusive.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.