Bug Reports

Guest Guest

Well, the error message is in dutch, so I'll try to translate it...

I download the mod by the Gibberling Three mirror, the others need rar and I can't find a good extractor. So, the download works fine, ( very quickly too! : )

I double click on the icon and it extracts in the files the Readme says I need.

A Kivan folder, Setup-Kivan.tp2 and Setup-Kivan.command. So I click setup-Kivan.command, and it says ( translated ) "The File .command ( and then the location: desktop, etc. -) Setup-Kivan.command can't be opened. It's probaby not usable."

Guest Guest
Well, the error message is in dutch, so I'll try to translate it...

I download the mod by the Gibberling Three mirror, the others need rar and I can't find a good extractor. So, the download works fine, ( very quickly too! : )

I double click on the icon and it extracts in the files the Readme says I need.

A Kivan folder, Setup-Kivan.tp2 and Setup-Kivan.command. So I click setup-Kivan.command, and it says ( translated ) "The File .command ( and then the location: desktop, etc. -) Setup-Kivan.command can't be opened. It's probaby not usable."

I forgot to add Setup-Kivan, a fourth file.

OK, I think this is another permissions problem. Some programs, when extracting the files, remove the 'executable' flag from the .command file. I've been working with Loriel on repackaging all of the G3 mods into a much friendlier pkg/dmg format for our OS X users, but that's a long-term solution and doesn't help you any right now. :)

You'll need to open Terminal and navigate to the folder that contains the .command file. Once there, use:

chmod 766 Setup-Kivan.command

to make it executable. After this you should be able to double-click it.

I'm surprised you had to locate another program to open the rar package. I have OS X 10.3 on my work comp and the included StuffIt program extracts rar files on a double-click.

Guest Guest
OK, I think this is another permissions problem. Some programs, when extracting the files, remove the 'executable' flag from the .command file. I've been working with Loriel on repackaging all of the G3 mods into a much friendlier pkg/dmg format for our OS X users, but that's a long-term solution and doesn't help you any right now. :)

You'll need to open Terminal and navigate to the folder that contains the .command file. Once there, use:

I'm surprised you had to locate another program to open the rar package. I have OS X 10.3 on my work comp and the included StuffIt program extracts rar files on a double-click.

You are very helpful thank you.

But what exactly do you mean with navigate? I'm not really experienced with Terminal.

Guest Guest

You are very helpful thank you.

But what exactly do you mean with navigate? I'm not really experienced with Terminal.

I am able to double click, but Terminal only says this:

Last login: Thu Aug 4 13:00:08 on ttyp1

Welcome to Darwin!

/Users/jelle/Desktop/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ II/Setup-Kiv[G4Kris:~] jelle% /Users/jelle/Desktop/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ II/Setup-Kivan.command; exit

/Users/jelle/Desktop/Baldur's Gate II/Setup-Kivan.command: line 3: ./Setup-Kivan: Permission denied

logout

[Proces voltooid] ( Process executed )

Guest Katrina the Technological Idiot

Umm hey... technological idiot here. :) I REALLY need some help on this. I downloaded the mod, and when I went to setup, this showed up:

ERROR locating resource for 'SHAIN3'

Resource [bAERIE25.DLG] not found in KEY file:

[./chitin.key]

ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [Kivan/d/BP#KIV25.dj: Failure("resource {BAERIE25.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3' ")

Stopping installation because of error

Press ENTER to exit.

Now, I don't get any of this technological crap, but why would Aerie's 25th dialogue stop me from installing it? I've deleted it then downloaded it again, but to no avail. So....help? Someone?

If it makes it easier, the only mod I've downloaded is the Banter Pack from pocketplane.net.

This makes me sad.....I liked Kivan in the BGI so much. :)

Hope you can help, and thanks if you can,

Katrina

You do not have ToB - I will be separating ToB and SoA files for the next version, but unfortunately it's not going to be soon, because I'd like to incorporate all the new material in, and I have to have it proofread and edited and tested first, and I still work very hard on BG1NPC :)

Guest Katrina
You do not have ToB - I will be separating ToB and SoA files for the next version, but unfortunately it's not going to be soon, because I'd like to incorporate all the new material in, and I have to have it proofread and edited and tested first, and I still work very hard on BG1NPC  :)

Ohh...ok. I happen to have TOB- I just haven't installed it yet. Ok, thanks.

Me = Idiot. :)

Thanks! ;)

This might be a possible bug in Kivan's Mod. I have him in my party when i went to the temple ruins and got mazzy as soon as she joins the party a banter engages between him and mazzy. In the banter they talk about patrick and deheriana. from the content this banter is suposed to take place after the shade lord is defeated which i have not done yet.

Archived