World Map

CoM_Solaufein

The chief folks who do lots of this stuff and are active right now are on the Worldmap forums (and suprisingly the PS:T forums) at SHS, and a few folks poking about at PPG in the WeiDU forums. There are a bunch of new things (macros) in the latest WeiDU v211 to help things move along

but frankly, most folks do not have that info in an easily understandable format. It is worth working through the tutorials, especially Cuv's, but be prepared -

ADD_TRIGGER_VERTICE_OFFSET_BY_THE_FANCY_FAST_WAY

USING ~NO_RESEARCH_AND_ONLY_PASSING_UNDERSTANDING_OF_

ARRAY_STRUCTURES~

EVALUATE_BUFFER

is not a valid WeiDU call...

as evidenced by the fact that i have been studying them for about a month and a half now and can pretty much only say what people use, not how it works and why it works that way.

Yovoneth's "Fishing For Trouble" forum has new ideas on doing this cleanly using

LAUNCH_ACTION_FUNCTION sc#addWmpAre

and

ACTION_DEFINE_ASSOCIATIVE_ARRAY

which looks to be the simplest way of patching a new area in correctly. If by "simple' I mean "works and does so efficiently, but only a programmer understands what the &*%^%$5 is really going on behind all that stuff".

The chief folks who do lots of this stuff and are active right now are on the Worldmap forums (and suprisingly the PS:T forums) at SHS, and a few folks poking about at PPG in the WeiDU forums. There are a bunch of new things (macros) in the latest WeiDU v211 to help things move along

but frankly, most folks do not have that info in an easily understandable format.

Folks currently are evaluating yet another way to further optimize the patching code. Once it's in Weidu-212, there'll probably be a descriptive tutorial on how to use it.

I believe, however, that the question was about patching Worldmap, not an area. I saw over two years ago a tutorial about exactly this matter somewhere, but can remember not where. I think it had to do with Megamod-install, and was written by erebusant. I think it was him.

PS I've recalled where - http://america.iegmc.net/worldmap/Worldmap...on%20Guide.html Sadly, it seems to be slightly different from what a request was for. Sorry.

Ah back to this topic. Anything new and helpful since I last posted this? What I want to do with the new areas in The Undying, which take place under ground, is to have an exit to the surface which would be up in the snow covered mountains. Getting to my new areas via world map would be a lot quicker than going through the endless amount of underground areas to get there.

Someone should just make a function out of it and possibly add it to WeiDU
I wonder if there's a real reason to. Too few people need it (so far, at least) to increase the Weidu size further.
Well that's why I said possibly, since I'm not crazy about inflating WeiDU.exe either unless there's justification. But I think there's enough to make an external function, that could still be delivered with WeiDU also. You'd just copy and paste it to your mod folder, and call it the same way as an internal WeiDU macro after INCLUDEing it in your tp2. That 5-year-old code needs a serious overhaul.

Archived