Bugs/Issues & Hotfixes for SR V3

Demivrgvs

Protection from Fire

Thailog, could you post a screenshot?

Sure, here you go.

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k539/t...og/Baldr111.jpg

Thanks but I still cannot reproduce it. :cool: I copied hotfix's spwi524 into the override again, and such icon is fine in my install. I really cannot understand why you have this issue, my only guess was that you didn't correctly installed the hotfixes, because this issue do existed ages ago, but if you copied hotfix's spwi524 directly into BG's override folder and still have the wrong bam I'm completely lost.

1. aren't those little icons all in one file?

2. doesn't it sound like that file got changed instead of the particular icon being the problem?

:) Afaik those icons should be spwi##b.bam assigned to each header (aka each caster lvl) of ech spl file.
:) Afaik those icons should be spwi##b.bam assigned to each header (aka each caster lvl) of ech spl file.

you're right; i thought he meant the portrait icons. :cool:

the next thing is to make sure the spell he has memorized is spwi524 and proceed from there.

When I cast Aura of Flaming Death, I get a message saying "You can't use more than one contingency" or something.

I'm casting it with Anomen and he can't even use a contingency spell. Other than that, the spell seems to work fine.

Aura of Flaming Death

When I cast Aura of Flaming Death, I get a message saying "You can't use more than one contingency" or something.

I'm casting it with Anomen and he can't even use a contingency spell. Other than that, the spell seems to work fine.

'Cast spell on hit' effects may cause this because it is considered a non-stacking contingency (e.g. I had your same problem when testing IR's Flame of the North shield-like effect), but once again I cannot reproduce your problem. :cool: I just loaded a game, added AoFD to Jaheira, and cast it without any text message. Does your character have any other ongoing 'Cast spell on hit' from spells or items (e.g. one of IR's aura-like effects)? It shouldn't cause any problem, but it's my best guess.

Protection from fire/cold and similar spells don't grant immunity to the damage of Fireshields Red/Blue.

A protected character still jerks in pain when attacking an enemy using a fireshield even though he is immune to the damage. Isn't SR supposed to prevent this?

Protection from fire/cold and similar spells don't grant immunity to the damage of Fireshields Red/Blue.

A protected character still jerks in pain when attacking an enemy using a fireshield even though he is immune to the damage. Isn't SR supposed to prevent this?

Oh you're right, I don't know how I missed this, especially considering how useful it can be to F/M and buffed fighters. Will fix asap.
Not sure if you know it, but there is a bug with Lightning Bolt. Sometime it hits sometimes it doesn't (~3:1). I think i read here somewhere of the problem but aren't certain.
;) Is this a day dedicated to freaky bugs?

Anyway, I really cannot reproduce it. I tried to cast it 20 times and it never failed. SR's LB uses a vanilla projectile, thus anything affecting it may be causing something like that, though I cannot imagine anything like that happening.

Anyway, I really cannot reproduce it. I tried to cast it 20 times and it never failed. SR's LB uses a vanilla projectile, thus anything affecting it may be causing something like that, though I cannot imagine anything like that happening.

I cannot reproduce it atm either, probably some circumstances that play a role. I keep using it and try to find out.

Guest Knightm724

I've been having some problems with spell revisions, many of which did not happen until I installed SCSII, so I'm assuming it's some kind of conflict but I have no clue really how to address it.

The first problem I had was that dimension door would not appear on the list of available spells when starting a new game as a wizard. This happened both before and after I had SCSII installed.

Next, I had the old protection from fire/cold icons in level three spells during spell selection (the correct one's for level 5 were still there). They were selectable notwithstanding that I had the "remove disabled spells" component installed, and had some weird message that sounded like dialogue for the spell description text.

Lastly, some of the spells (armor, shield) for level 1 and other levels, were not replaced by the versions that this mod adds.

The only mods I installed after spell revisions were SCSII, Keto, Kelsey, unfinished business and 1-2 parts of the tactics mod, with SCSII being installed dead last, as recommended by that mod's author. Mod's I have installed before SR include the item upgrade mod, ascension, the bgII fixpack, banter pack, and flirt pack. I really love wizard characters and am looking forward to trying this mod (especially with the return of the dimension door spell) but have no clue how to fix this problem. I have reinstalled SR with the hotfixes but that did not solve the problem.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Guest guest

If I had to hazard a guess, I would say it's ToBEx (shipped with SCSII nowadays) causing the spell issues; there's a topic here about Jaheira's spellbook not being updated, and in fact it applies to every spellcaster, where spells aren't being patched/corrected/removed as they should be with SR's component to 'update spellbooks'. That has been initially identified to be some ToBex issue, though it's not certain exactly what, if indeed that is the culprit for sure.

Guest Guest_Knightm724

I found two other bug (I uninstalled all my other mods so this is just with the most recent version of spell revisions).

1) For some reason, if you do not choose the option to eliminate unselectable spells from the spell selection screen, the spell "dimension door" is no longer selectable.

2) Regardless of the "eliminating now unselectable spells" component, if you try to start the game as a wild mage, once you get to "level 5 spells" on the spell selection screen it will not let you choose your last number 5 spell, claiming that you have to choose one from your "spell school"

Archived