Bugs/Issues & Hotfixes for SR V3

Demivrgvs

Free Action

It protects against stun (45), but not against stun 90 HP (210).

Though it may have been intended, since the latter is only found in PW:Stun (I think), and as such counts as 'mental', not 'physical'.

Ops, I didn't noticed this till now. I can easily fix it but this brings on an old doubt of mines: should FA really protect from Stun opcode? Some source of stun probably yes, all sources I don't think. For example Mind Flayer's pscion ability, Mind Blast, cause stun, but should probably be countered by Chaotic Commands, not Free Action...no? :cringe:

What are the differences between Hold and Stun? :)

As you're probably aware, I don't like FA protecting against stun either. I even made a thread in Fixpack's forum, which resulted in no stun.

What are the differences between Hold and Stun?
You mean to change all mental instances to stun and all physical to hold? The only question then is - how to deal with Hold Person/Monster/Undead? What are them?

Hey, hey! But Stun is physical state and Hold mental! Hold spell is enchantment which makes victims mind disable movement functions in his mind. Stun on the other hand can come from enviroment: burst of sound (like Celestial Fury's Batto or Thief who sneaks up to hit you in your head and doesn't knock out you uncoscious).

In game it wasn't even clarified. Dang.

Could SR and Divine Remix incompatibility cause a crash?
Mmm, in theory the incompatibility is much less drastic, like a couple of duplicated spells (e.g. Cure Medium Wounds ends up being in both 2nd lvl and 3rd lvl) or a bunch of spells with different sphere assignment (which doesn't affect gameplay at all). I really cannot imagine anything causing a CTD. :cringe: My first guess would be a spell with a wrong spell lvl assigned (e.g. a 4th lvl spell assigned as a 3rd lvl one), but I don't think DR moves any spell here and there.

Better ask to Mike who handles DR lately, but I'll look into it a little.

Hi Demi,

Our translator finds - I guess - a mistake in arcane.tra for the Contagion spell.

Let's have a look:

@578=~Contagion

Level: 4

School: Necromancy

Range: Short

Duration: 8 hours

Casting Time: 4

Area of Effect: 1 creature

Saving Throw: Death negates

This spell causes a major disease and weakness in a creature. The afflicted individual is immediately stricken with painful and distracting symptoms: boils, blotches, lesions, seeping abscesses, and so on. Strength, dexterity, constitution, and charisma are reduced by 2, and the afflicted character is slowed. The target of this spell must make a saving throw vs. poison at -3 to avoid being infected, or the spell will persist until the creature receives a Cure Disease spell or the spell duration expires.~

So is it a saving throw vs poison or death?

(pretty sure i have the latest hotfixes but i didn't read the prior pages)

Pf(N)M is not setting the scripting state to W_P_F_N_M and thus no one can detect it.

Not even vanilla spell had such scripting state by default, but any detectable spells component will add it (like SCS one). In fact such scripting state is there on my SR+SCS install.

Am I missing something? I don't think such scripting state should be embedded in the spl file, but I may be wrong.

Archived