Bugs/Issues & Hotfixes for SR V3

Demivrgvs

If you're short of time then just say what of the belowmentioned needs fixing (some look rather arbitrary), I'll assemble the package myself.
Don't worry, since a couple of weeks I'm much more free, and I'm actually working on IR (semi-secretly :( ). Mike reported me a good amount of very small issues (things players really can't notice) and I was going to update hotfixes anyway, thus I'll simply add your reported issues.

Clairvoyance

Description says '+3 bonus', but it gives +2. Which is correct?
I'll fix the description.

Neutralize Poison

- It's 206s need target set to 2 (is 1).

- Needs to protect against golem clouds (spin979).

- Shouldn't it grant immunity to poison opcode (25)? If it goes as far as 100% poison res (which also blocks the disease damage!) then 101ing 25 is a given.

- you're right, fixed

- done

- it already does in my install, are you sure it didn't in yours? ;)

Ghostform

Scroll uses wrong bam, should be 'spwi315a'.
Again, it's fine in my install... :suspect:

Stinking Cloud

Golems, Mists and Slimes should be immune too. I think.
Well, golems are 100% resistant anyway, but adding them won't hurt. Mists and slimes will be added then.

Shield

Not a real bug, but it's 'display special effect icon' effect carries the weird 0x010102 as a resource (0x14) and the variable value of 64.
It shouldn't cause anything, but "fixed".

Winged Celestials

'dvwings.itm' has no animation set, needs to be 'zw'.
Once again, they do have correct ZW assignment...I don't understand why you have so many things I cannot reproduce. :)

INTMOD.2DA

Crazy bitch was bugging remains of my sanity outta me head, not letting folks out of the Maze. Dunno what precisely it didn't like or why, but PRETTY_PRINT_2DA command seemed to solve the matter.
I'm not sure I understand...what's the issue with the current patching code?

Bhaalspawn abilities

The ones PC acquires through completing Pocketplane challenges, namely Regeneration (bhaal1b), Mass Healing (bhaal1a), DUHM (bhaal2a) and Resurrection (bhaal4a) - not updated by SR.
Are these Ascension related or vanilla? Anyway I should add them too.

Scrolls

We've got LOTSA things to fix here, really. Had you used files corrected by the Fixpack, there'd be far less stuff in this section.

For future, since you prefer to just overwrite everything, I strongly encourage you to install FP first and ship fixed resources instead of broken vanillas.

I always have Fixpack installed, but these probably are uber-old leftovers of the mod upon which the first SR version was written (ADpack). Anyway, I'll get to work on this asap.

Regarding scroll prices I do had in mind to make them more consistent for V4.

Neutralize Poison

- it already does in my install, are you sure it didn't in yours?
Indeed it is mentioned in the first post. It probably was added after my last appearance here, as I'm sure I did download the latest hotfix.

Winged Celestials

Oh dear... It's the 'no helmet animation' component from Tweakpack. Needs to tell them.

INTMOD.2DA

I'm not entirely sure, could be a local problem. DLTCEP reported an inconsistency when loading it, which turned out to be the usual index column not showing up. I could have resaved or something, thus killing the column outright.

In any case, after trying to patch with P_P_2 it have opened normally. It's not necessarily a problem players should encounter, but those who have a habit of browsing game resources may run into trouble.

Bhaalspawn abilities

Are these Ascension related or vanilla?
Vanilla, Ascension only enables access to them.
Guest Guest

The Cleric spell Silence 15' isn't working.

-I started a new custom party (4 of my own characters via Multi: Berserker, Thief, Sorcerer, Cleric)

-Second floor of the Keep, the Yuan-Ti mage, Ice Troll, and the Troll that splits into two.

Silence 15' has a radius that basically fills that room if cast anywhere near the Yuan-Ti Mage. The Yuan-Ti Mage is also completely unaffected by the Silence, as is my Sorcerer.

The description says that Silence completely disrupts spellcasting.

Silence

The Cleric spell Silence 15' isn't working.

-I started a new custom party (4 of my own characters via Multi: Berserker, Thief, Sorcerer, Cleric)

-Second floor of the Keep, the Yuan-Ti mage, Ice Troll, and the Troll that splits into two.

Silence 15' has a radius that basically fills that room if cast anywhere near the Yuan-Ti Mage. The Yuan-Ti Mage is also completely unaffected by the Silence, as is my Sorcerer.

Well your sorcerer is not affected because within SR this spell has a parti friendly AoE, thus it's normal. I don't know why the Yuan-ti is still casting spells but I'm almost sure the spell is fine (just checked it). There are various things you may have not taken into account:

- the Yuan-ti may have managed to save vs. spell, avoiding the spell's effect

- being a mage he may have cast Vocalize, making him unaffected by Silence

- if the target is protected by a (Minor) Globe of Invulnerability, and SCS Yuan-tis love them, Silence won't work

Anyway I'll try to test it in-game asap just to be sure.

A little mistake in divine.tra:

@95=~Holy Smite~

@96=~Holy Smite

Level: 3

School: Necromancy

Sphere: Necromantic

Range: Long

Duration: Special

Casting Time: 3

Area of Effect: 20' radius

Saving Throw: Special

This spell calls upon energy from the Plane of Brilliance in order to open a channel between it and the targets. The result is that evil creatures within the spell's area of effect take points of 1d4 damage for every level of the caster (up to a maximum of 10d4), with a successful saving throw vs. spell at -2 for half. If the victim fails his save, then he will also be blinded for 1 round.~

Isn't it "1d4 points of damage" instead, as in @98?

A little mistake in divine.tra:

... "evil creatures within the spell's area of effect take points of 1d4 damage for every level of the caster" ...

Isn't it "1d4 points of damage" instead, as in @98?

Indeed, how a silly typo is there I don't know considering how many times I and Mike checked those tra files. :) Anyway fixed, I'll put it in the hotfixes in a second, but I won't tell anyone to not scare those who already downloaded it yesterday. :)
I'll post here hotfixes for the V3 version. The files are collected in the appropriate sub-folders, thus you can simply unzip the attachments in your main BG folder (you know you've done it correctly because it should ask about overwriting some older SR's files in the spell_rev folder).

Fixes/Changes

Command: fixed its save penalty progression rate (-1 every 2 lvl, not every lvl).

Flame Arrow: won't display damage animation anymore on creatures affected by Protection from Fire (arcane & divine), Protection from the Elements, Protection from Energy, and Aura of Flaming Death.

Ghost Armor: AC is set to 2 instead of improved by 2 points.

Enchanted Weapon: when used to create bullets it now correctly creates 40 of them instead of 1. I've also renamed all spl files to improve compatibility in a Mega Mod installation.

Neutralize Poison: added the missing 'immunity to poison' opcode.

Magic Circle Against Evil: very small change to improve compatibility with the upcoming aVENGER's Revised Fiends.

Otiluke's Resilient Sphere: now works against neutral characters too (allowing a save). It can now be used on neutral/allied NPCs without turning them hostile.

Secret Word: casting time was still 4 instead of 1. School set to Enchantment instead of Abjuration.

Spider Spawn: fixed phase spiders target selection for their teleporting ability.

Protection from Fire: a protected creature was unable to use Sunfire.

PfMW: worked as a PfNW. :)

Sphere of Chaos: "hold creature 2" replaced with "hold creature type" to make it not work against creatures immune to mind affecting effects (such as undead), or creatures protected by Chaotic Commands.

Black Blade of Disaster: added the missing "set THAC0 to 0" feature.

Wish: its Mass Breach option doesn't affect summoned allies anymore, doesn't bypass spell protections (as per SCS/SR Breach), but is now considered a 9th lvl spell.

Undead Type: undead creatures are once again immune to petrification.

Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs: component updated to work on newest WeiDU versions.

Corrected Typos

Sunfire: description erroneously said "bypass magic resistance" whereas V3 finally fixed the spell to not ignore magic resistance.

Other

Compatibility fixes for SCS:

- SCS patches summoned glabrezu and pit fiend to make them temporary unattackable during gate's animation, but SR's custom scripts didn't know about it, and the result was that fiends were permanently immune. I've added a block in their scripts to "fix" this.

- the "disabled" spwi319, spwi320, sppr306 and sppr407 now work as "normal" spells instead of casting theri respective 5th lvl "active" version

- SIMULACR.SPL doesn't block "restoration" opcode anymore, but still blocks the exploit via "protection from spell" opcodes

Stormlord Innates: kit's Storm Shield and Lightning Bolt innates now match SR's version of the respective spells.

I've just replaced my existing copy of the mod with that extracted from this version in my BGII folder, then attempted to reinstall SR. I have many mods installed on top of it, all the way to SCSII. When weidu-mac got to the point of reinstalling SR, the following error message appeared:

Installing [UNDEFINED STRING:   @9996]
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [UNDEFINED STRING:   @9996], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   0 files for [setup-spell_rev.tp2] component 0.
Uninstalled	  0 files for [setup-spell_rev.tp2] component 0.
ERROR: Sys_error("spell_rev/shared/cre_spell_immunity.tph: No such file or directory")
PLEASE email the file setup-spell_rev.DEBUG to kaiser-sosa@libero.it
Using Language [English]
ERROR: No translation provided for @9995
Continuing despite error.

Removing old installation of [UNDEFINED STRING:   @9995] first ...
ERROR: Sys_error("spell_rev/backup/10: No such file or directory")
Using Language [English]
ERROR: No translation provided for @9992

Removing old installation of [UNDEFINED STRING:   @9992] first ...
ERROR: Sys_error("spell_rev/backup/20: No such file or directory")
Using Language [English]
ERROR: No translation provided for @9991

Install Component [UNDEFINED STRING:   @9991]?
[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? i

Installing [UNDEFINED STRING:   @9991]
Copying and patching 1 file ...
FAILURE:
Target bytes don't match. Aborting ...
ERROR: [bgmain.exe] -> [bgmain.exe] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Target bytes don't match. Aborting ..."))

ERROR Installing [UNDEFINED STRING:   @9991], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   0 files for [setup-spell_rev.tp2] component 30.
Uninstalled	  0 files for [setup-spell_rev.tp2] component 30.
ERROR: Failure("Target bytes don't match. Aborting ...")

Why is this happening? Is the "fixed" version of SR supposed to patch bgmain.exe? If so, I won't be able to install the mod at all (it didn't do this when I installed it yesterday, before applying the fix). I'm using Mac OS X 10.4.11, and my bgmain.exe is only a dummy file (a blank file) so that mods that check for its mere presence will see it, but of course it can't be patched.

Is there a way to correct the .tp2 so I can install this mod? It installed perfectly before, but I was advised to reinstall it with fixes before reinstalling the smarter mages component of SCSII. I'd hate to think that three days of mod installs are now wasted. I'm at a standstill with my install process until I can resolve this.

Thanks,

Eric

As listed in the readme, there are a few components that patch bgmain.exe:

Mirror Image Fix

Dispel Magic Fix

Cure Sleep Fix

Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens

The other components do not.

I've just replaced my existing copy of the mod with that extracted from this version in my BGII folder, then attempted to reinstall SR.

The hotfixes are not a replacement for the mod, they just contain updated versions of some of the mod's files. You need to 1) extract SR v3 to your BGII folder, then 2) extract the hotfixes there, overwriting any existing SR files it asks about.

As listed in the readme, there are a few components that patch bgmain.exe:

Mirror Image Fix

Dispel Magic Fix

Cure Sleep Fix

Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens

The other components do not.

I've just replaced my existing copy of the mod with that extracted from this version in my BGII folder, then attempted to reinstall SR.

The hotfixes are not a replacement for the mod, they just contain updated versions of some of the mod's files. You need to 1) extract SR v3 to your BGII folder, then 2) extract the hotfixes there, overwriting any existing SR files it asks about.

Problem: How do I know which files to replace? On a Mac, when you drop a folder into a location where a folder of the same name already exists, and you tell the system to replace the existing copy, the entire folder, with all contents, is replaced by the new one, meaning everything that previously existed is permanently lost.

Please advise,

Eric

In that case, the best I can advise is to extract the hotfixes elsewhere, then open up the hotfixed spell_rev folder at the same time as the spell_rev folder in your BGII directory. Then, for each subfolder, open it up and copy all files from one to the other, overwriting the existing files.

Edit: I Googled to try and find a better solution, but this sadly seems to be the only way to merge folder contents on OS X without using the terminal or a third-party app.

In that case, the best I can advise is to extract the hotfixes elsewhere, then open up the hotfixed spell_rev folder at the same time as the spell_rev folder in your BGII directory. Then, for each subfolder, open it up and copy all files from one to the other, overwriting the existing files.

Edit: I Googled to try and find a better solution, but this sadly seems to be the only way to merge folder contents on OS X without using the terminal or a third-party app.

Well, I have to use the Terminal to run weidu-mac anyway, so I could look up how to merge folders in my UNIX handbook...unless someone here can tell me what command (and any relevant syntax) to use.

Here goes nothing :)

Eric

Well, it looks like re-installing SR didn't work as it should. The mods that came after it weren't uninstalled and then re-installed automatically, as they're supposed to, so I think I'm going to have to restore clean install files and start over from the beginning (BG2 Fixpack). I was expecting weidu-mac to ask if I wanted to re-install when I issued the command to install the mod, but it didn't give me that option, and simply ran the component install as though I was installing it for the first time. I know this won't work properly, so I see no other option than to wipe everything out. At least now I know I have the files from the fixes added, so they'll install the next time around.

Thanks anyway,

Eric

Archived