Bugs/Issues & Hotfixes for SR V3

Demivrgvs

In my latest playthrough of BG2 with SR v3 and SCSII v13, I just recently memorized Secret Word on Nalia. But there seem to be 2 issues:

1) There's no description of the spell, it says "at a lost for words" or something like that.

2) When I casted a memorized version of the spell, it seemed to do some sort of mass AoE spell protection removal.

Guest Guest_joe_*

Oddly, when I hit a target with (either) type of fire shield, the attacker takes up to 22 pts of damage from a single shield. I've checked the .spl files, and they do indeed seem to be capped at 1d6+10, which leaves me baffled as to the cause.

Secret Word

In my latest playthrough of BG2 with SR v3 and SCSII v13, I just recently memorized Secret Word on Nalia. But there seem to be 2 issues:

1) There's no description of the spell, it says "at a lost for words" or something like that.

2) When I casted a memorized version of the spell, it seemed to do some sort of mass AoE spell protection removal.

1) I think you've messed up something in the install. This is the classic thing that happens when you un-install and re-install a lot of mods on the same install. If you're somewhat familiar with NI it's easy to fix, but I doubt it will be the only case of misplaced string reference.

2) as per description it has a 5 feet radius AoE. The AoE thing is a SCS feature, I implemented it into SR for compatibility/consistency with the former.

Fire Shield

Oddly, when I hit a target with (either) type of fire shield, the attacker takes up to 22 pts of damage from a single shield. I've checked the .spl files, and they do indeed seem to be capped at 1d6+10, which leaves me baffled as to the cause.
I don't know, I've looked into each spwi403#.spl and spwi418#.spl and they all seem fine, then I've tested the shields in-game and they seem fine there too (e.g. they don't inflict more damage than they should). :)

Enchanted Weapon seems to work fine... except that the weapons it makes are staying FOREVER on my install. They remain in inventory for over a week, and still show no sign of disappearing.

Enchanted Weapon

Enchanted Weapon seems to work fine... except that the weapons it makes are staying FOREVER on my install. They remain in inventory for over a week, and still show no sign of disappearing.
I just tried it three times and they all disappeared after 3x eight hours rests. I don't know if it matters but are you playing on TuTu?

The duration parameter for opcode (255) seems to be a fixed 1 day, as I set it to 0 just like vanilla's spell and weapons disappear after 24 in-game hours. I may try to use instead opcode (122) and manually set the duration (I just tried it with duration set to 6 and the weapon disappeared after 6 seconds), but I don't know why it doesn't work on your install and I'd really like to know it.

Can anyone else tell me if this issue is present in their install? :)

The problem with the weapon only happened when I used CTRL - T to advance time. I was waiting for night time to steal the necklace from the Temple. I had to reload a save and from there the weapon has behaved normally because I didnt use CTRL - T this time.

Fire Shield

I think the chance of it being the cause is slim, but:

1) Negative resistance does increase damage taken

2) On hard and insane difiiculty settings PCs respectively take 150% and 200% more damage.

At least when it comes to fixes I don't delay them for ages. ???:p:down: I've added the following fixes.

Protection from Fire: a protected creature was unable to use Sunfire.

Stormlord Innates: kit's Storm Shield and Lightning Bolt innates now match SR's version of the respective spells.

Demi,

I have found in my folder two SR-related files that I can't seem to understand wheather or not are superceded by your latest SR Hotfix.

The two files are:

simulacr.rar (containing the Simulacrum spell)

and

SR_Few_Fixes

Not that I have any hurry to know but just to be certain, you know...

Buon derby!

I have found in my folder two SR-related files that I can't seem to understand wheather or not are superceded by your latest SR Hotfix.

The two files are:

simulacr.rar (containing the Simulacrum spell)

and

SR_Few_Fixes

Not that I have any hurry to know but just to be certain, you know...

But now I'm the one who'd really want to know what's that. What do you mean by "my folder"?

For simulacr.spl I'd say you can just look whichever is the most recently updated file...though after my changes for SCS compatibility Ardanis did something else too about it, and sent it to David, but I actually don't know what he did.

Regarding "SR_Few_Fixes", where did this come from? I'm not sure I understand...

If you wish send the files to me and I'll check them.

Buon derby!
Sono già in ansia! :p
For simulacr.spl I'd say you can just look whichever is the most recently updated file...though after my changes for SCS compatibility Ardanis did something else too about it, and sent it to David, but I actually don't know what he did.

Regarding "SR_Few_Fixes", where did this come from? I'm not sure I understand...

The simulacrum.spl is available for download just at the top of this page.

The other file, I am sure I downloaded it from here also, somewhere... :p

It contains three effects: spwi215i.eff, spwi213i.eff and spwi101i.eff

If they don't ring a bell, I will send them to you.

Thanks!

The simulacrum.spl is available for download just at the top of this page.

The other file, I am sure I downloaded it from here also, somewhere... :down:

It contains three effects: spwi215i.eff, spwi213i.eff and spwi101i.eff

If they don't ring a bell, I will send them to you.

Ah ok I understand now. All of them are also included in the main hotfixes archive thus you don't need them and they should be the very same files (though I don't know where you get the spwi###i files).

I "offered" the simulacr.spl compatibility fix on its own long ago simply because it didn't needed a re-install on its own. I though I could only make it a sub-optimal compatibility fix, instead it should be flawless.

The various spw###i spl file are the respective "i"mmunities effects I use to make certain spells not work on some creatures (e.g. Web vs incorporeal creatures). I simply renamed them because I had really too many "dv_name" files between IR and SR and I wasn't able to discern them anymore (e.g. "dvvampir" could be IR V3 vampiric effect or SR's EFF to make certain creatures immune to vampiric weapons :p ).

Archived