Bugs/Issues & Hotfixes for SR V3

Demivrgvs

Ice Storm

Shouldn't it add a slow icon when char is affected?
No, a Slow icon would imply a Slow effect (half attack rate, half regeneration rate, hit/AC penalties, anti-Haste removal property) whereas being within an Ice Storm causes only 50% movement rate penalty.
Ice Storm
Shouldn't it add a slow icon when char is affected?
No, a Slow icon would imply a Slow effect (half attack rate, half regeneration rate, hit/AC penalties, anti-Haste removal property) whereas being within an Ice Storm causes only 50% movement rate penalty.

You're right. Thanks for the clarification.

Cheers

Barkskin

Is still available to Priests.
Very strange...it doesn't in my game and I just checked its flag, which is correctly set to "druid/ranger". :) Perhaps it's not removed from pre-existing spellbooks by the patching code...I'll check it.
It was Gavin I noticed it in (and I think Aerie too). I even installed that "update NPC spellbooks" component after.

This should not be happening. I can reproduce it so my spellbook updating code is definitely at fault. I'll look into it and see what's up.

Okay, I figured it out. Turns out I wasn't crazy in thinking that I had made sure this stuff worked when I wrote it. Apparently I was one of those nonexistent people who used the old stupid way of passing parameters to functions and had forgotten doing so. This method was deprecated in a recent version of WeiDU.

I've added a fixed version of the component to the hotfixes.

Guest n-ghost

For some reason new Dark Celestials avatars (both Devas and Planetars) just crash the game.

Have encountered that with that Illyich's cleric first and later by beginning new ToB game and trying to summon some for myself.

Good ones are fine, though.

Maybe this have something to do with new flaming sword animations from Item Revisions?

For some reason new Dark Celestials avatars (both Devas and Planetars) just crash the game.

Have encountered that with that Illyich's cleric first and later by beginning new ToB game and trying to summon some for myself.

Good ones are fine, though.

Maybe this have something to do with new flaming sword animations from Item Revisions?

Actually they do use such animation with or without IR installed. I never had a crash, nor a reported one, thus it must be a compatibility issue with some other mod. Can you make a changelog to see what other mod has altered those summons? If not, I need at least a Weidu log to start guessing...

P.S I suppose you're using Tactics Uber-Ilyich...

Guest n-ghost

Deva:

Mods affecting DEVAEVIL.CRE:
00000: ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ 0 0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v9.01
00001: ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ 0 3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!): v9.01
00002: ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ 0 0 // Spell Revisions: v3
00003: ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ 0 10 // Deva and Planetar Animations: v3
00004: ~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ 0 0 // Improved Ilyich (requires ToB)
00005: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ 0 1000 // Detectable spells (required for most other components): v13
00006: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ 0 6080 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials have fast, uninterruptable innate magic: v13

Mods affecting PLANEVIL.CRE:
00000: ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ 0 0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v9.01
00001: ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ 0 3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!): v9.01
00002: ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ 0 0 // Spell Revisions: v3
00003: ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ 0 10 // Deva and Planetar Animations: v3
00004: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ 0 1000 // Detectable spells (required for most other components): v13
00005: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ 0 6080 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials have fast, uninterruptable innate magic: v13

Hope that´s the right files.

Now I believe that crashes were caused by messing new avatars with 'Celestial Weapons Lose Glowing Effects When Attacking' from the fixpack-beta — but that's just a guess for sure.

Also, argh.

Dark Planetar is working fine after all. Only Deva and something with Tactics also maybe then.

The problem lies with Improved Ilyich, which tries to replace memorised spells by writing haphazardly into the unknown regions of the file. This ends up corrupting it because it ends up writing over something it shouldn't. This can be fixed, but there is another compatibility issue to consider.

Right now, the Improved Ilyich component changes all Fallen Devas in the game, giving them different spells and scripts. This is not mentioned in the readme. I think it might be better to make the Fallen Deva summoned by Ilyich a unique creature instead of changing all Fallen Devas, at least if SR is installed.

Guest n-ghost

Suddenly, had been killed by the revised Flame Arrow in the cutscene which occurs after exiting Irenicus' dungeon.

That's kinda sinister.

But, ah, on the other hand, Irenicus should have done that to protagonist, like, every time they have met at least in the second half of the game.

And there is no obvious way to bypass this, because all the magic are dispelled from the party upon exiting.

If you're short of time then just say what of the belowmentioned needs fixing (some look rather arbitrary), I'll assemble the package myself.

Clairvoyance

Description says '+3 bonus', but it gives +2. Which is correct?

Neutralize Poison

It's 206s need target set to 2 (is 1). Needs to protect against golem clouds (spin979). Shouldn't it grant immunity to poison opcode (25)? If it goes as far as 100% poison res (which also blocks the disease damage!) then 101ing 25 is a given.

Ghostform

Scroll uses wrong bam, should be 'spwi315a'.

Stinking Cloud

Golems, Mists and Slimes should be immune too. I think.

Shield

Not a real bug, but it's 'display special effect icon' effect carries the weird 0x010102 as a resource (0x14) and the variable value of 64.

Winged Celestials

'dvwings.itm' has no animation set, needs to be 'zw'.

INTMOD.2DA

Crazy bitch was bugging remains of my sanity outta me head, not letting folks out of the Maze. Dunno what precisely it didn't like or why, but PRETTY_PRINT_2DA command seemed to solve the matter.

COPY_EXISTING ~intmod.2da~ ~override~  // Int Modifier for Maze & Imprisonment
 SET_2DA_ENTRY 0 4 6 ~7200~
 SET_2DA_ENTRY 0 5 6 ~1~
 SET_2DA_ENTRY 1 4 6 ~7200~
 SET_2DA_ENTRY 1 5 6 ~1~
 SET_2DA_ENTRY 2 4 6 ~7200~
 SET_2DA_ENTRY 2 5 6 ~1~
 SET_2DA_ENTRY 3 4 6 ~10~
 SET_2DA_ENTRY 3 5 6 ~4~
 SET_2DA_ENTRY 4 4 6 ~10~
 SET_2DA_ENTRY 4 5 6 ~4~
 SET_2DA_ENTRY 5 4 6 ~10~
 SET_2DA_ENTRY 5 5 6 ~4~
 SET_2DA_ENTRY 6 4 6 ~5~
 SET_2DA_ENTRY 6 5 6 ~4~
 SET_2DA_ENTRY 7 4 6 ~5~
 SET_2DA_ENTRY 7 5 6 ~4~
 SET_2DA_ENTRY 8 4 6 ~5~
 SET_2DA_ENTRY 8 5 6 ~4~
 PRETTY_PRINT_2DA
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Bhaalspawn abilities

The ones PC acquires through completing Pocketplane challenges, namely Regeneration (bhaal1b), Mass Healing (bhaal1a), DUHM (bhaal2a) and Resurrection (bhaal4a) - not updated by SR.

Scrolls

We've got LOTSA things to fix here, really. Had you used files corrected by the Fixpack, there'd be far less stuff in this section.

For future, since you prefer to just overwrite everything, I strongly encourage you to install FP first and ship fixed resources instead of broken vanillas.

These scrolls, shipped with SR, mismatch the spell's target (in ability headers). The casting opcode also needs to be changed in most cases (146 <-> 148).

SCRL68.ITM = 1  <=>  SPWI103.SPL = 4 // Burning Hands
SCRL70.ITM = 1  <=>  SPWI105.SPL = 4 // Color Spray
SCRL6D.ITM = 5  <=>  SpWi123.SPL = 4 // Find Familiar
SCRL75.ITM = 2  <=>  SpWi110.SPL = 3 // Identify  <-- okay, this one doesn't matter
SCRL76.ITM = 1  <=>  SpWi111.SPL = 5 // Infravision/True Strike
SCRLA3.ITM = 1  <=>  SPWI224.SPL = 4 // Glitterdust
SCRL94.ITM = 1  <=>  SpWi210.SPL = 4 // Resist Fear
SCRL1O.ITM = 1  <=>  SPWI312.SPL = 4 // Slow
SCRL6J.ITM = 1  <=>  SPWI321.SPL = 4 // Spell Thrust
SCRLA7.ITM = 1  <=>  SPWI302.SPL = 4 // Remove Magic
SCRL6O.ITM = 1  <=>  SPWI419.SPL = 4 // Secret Word
SCRLA1.ITM = 5  <=>  SpWi425.SPL = 4 // Wizard Eye
SCRL6W.ITM = 4  <=>  SpWi515.SPL = 5 // Oracle
SCRL8G.ITM = 1  <=>  SPWI704.SPL = 4 // Ruby Ray
SCRL8Y.ITM = 5  <=>  SPWI803.SPL = 1 // Protection from Energy
SCRL9M.ITM = 1  <=>  SPWI903.SPL = 4 // Spellstrike

These scrolls have usability flags broken

~scrl1w.itm~ // fireshield (blue)
~scrl2b.itm~ // stoneskin
~scrl3h.itm~ // protection from evil
~scrl5t.itm~ // protection from electricity
~scrl7u.itm~ // contingency
~scrl8e.itm~ // protection from the elements
~scrl9a.itm~ // pierce shield
~scrl9b.itm~ // summon fiend
~scrla1.itm~ // wizard eye

Now, things unrelated to Fixpack. These scrolls have inconsistent price value set

// 2nd = 200
SCRLA2   300  // Deafness
SCRLA3   300  // Glitterdust
SCRL3G   300  // Vocalize

// 3rd = 300
SCRL1G   900  // Fireball
SCRL1H   900  // Haste
SCRL1K   900  // Lightning Bolt
SCRL1N   900  // Protection from Missiles

// 4th = 500
SCRLAQ   700  // Farsight
SCRL5G   400  // Break Enchantment

// 5th = 1000
SCRL5T   500   // Protection from Electricity
SCRLAR   500   // Sunfire

// 8th = 5000
SCRL9H   3000  // Maze

// 9th = 6000 
SCRLB2   5000  // Bigby's Crushing Hand
SCRL9Z   500   // Freedom  - 300 or 600?
SCRL9S   5000  // Imprisonment
SCRLB4   5000  // Wish

And these two as well, although they're untouched by SR (see below)

SCRLAJ   300  // Farsight
SCRLAL   500  // Sunfire

Tell me, you've been looking at what Lazarus sells when updating scrolls, weren't you? Some of his scrolls don't match resource names called by the rest of storekeeps, and as such, SoA vendors will offer old versions. So far, it'd be four instances I have found:

'SCRLAI' -> 'SCRL6F' // Ray of Enfeeblement

'SCRLAJ' -> 'SCRLAQ' // Farsight

'SCRLAK' -> 'SCRL5G' // Remove Curse

'SCRLAL' -> 'SCRLAR' // Sunfire

I've updated StR to use SR's resources, but you nonetheless may want to include the left column as well.

There're others, like 'SCRL5Z' (Fireball), but none appears to be used anywhere.

Archived