Bugs/Issues & Hotfixes for SR V3

Demivrgvs

And few minutes after the update I've one more fix that I'd like to add asap: make hostile Nishruu/Hakeashar vulnerable to Dispel Magic as per aVENGER's aTweaks.

Just for reference, the code in the post that you've linked to is outdated. This is what I'm using right now:

ACTION_FOR_EACH ~file~ IN														  // for each of the following files
		   ~NISHRUU~														   // Nishruu and Hakeashar attack
			 ~HAKSU~														   // Hakeashar attack from Spell Revisions
BEGIN																			  // execute the following
ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~%file%.itm~ BEGIN								   // if the designated file with a ITM extension exists
COPY_EXISTING ~%file%.itm~ ~override~
// =============================================================================== // the actual work starts from here
PATCH_IF (%SOURCE_SIZE% > 0x71) THEN BEGIN										 // file size sanity check (filters out 0 byte files i.e. ALLOW_MISSING)
SET opcode = "276"																 // effect: #276 (Detect Illusions skill modifier)
SET target = "1"																   // target: 1 (self)
SET timing = "2"																   // timing mode: 2 (while equipped)
SET parameter1 = "20"															  // param1: 20 (Statistic Modifier)
SET parameter2 = "1"															   // param2: 1 (Type: set to value)
SET power = "0"																	// power: 0
SET resist_dispel = "3"															// dispel/resistance: 3 (dispellable, bypasses magic resistance)
SET duration = "0"																 // duration: 0
SET probability1 = "100"														   // probability1: 100%
SET probability2 = "0"															 // probability2: 0%
SET dicenumber = "0"															   // dicenumber: 0
SET dicesize = "0"																 // dicesize: 0
SET savingthrow = "0"															  // saving throw type: 0 (none)
SET savebonus = "0"																// save bonus: 0
SPRINT ~resource~ ~~															   // resref: none
LAUNCH_PATCH_MACRO ~ADD_ITEM_EQEFFECT~											 // add new equipping effect
PATCH_INCLUDE ~aTweaks/lib/fj_spl_itm_reindex.tpp~								 // Nythrun's SPL/ITM re-indexer macro (needed for Global Effects)
// =============================================================================== // the actual work ends here
END																				// ends file size check
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES
END																				// ends ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME block
END																				// ends ACTION_FOR_EACH block

And here's the addition to NISHRU01.BCS:

IF
	CheckStatLT(Myself,20,DETECTILLUSIONS)
	!StateCheck(Myself,STATE_DEAD)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	Kill(Myself)
END

Hmm, now that I think about it, I should probably add the XP granting routine which I'm using in the "Revised Fiend Summoning" component here. That would make Nishruu and Hakeashar summoned by opponents grant XP when slain. I guess I should add a SR redundancy check too.

Just for reference, the code in the post that you've linked to is outdated.
Don't worry, I wasn't going to simply copy/paste the old code. Thanks anyway. :thumbsup:

Hmm, now that I think about it, I should probably add the XP granting routine which I'm using in the "Revised Fiend Summoning" component here. That would make Nishruu and Hakeashar summoned by opponents grant XP when slain. I guess I should add a SR redundancy check too.
I'm not using the xp check because of the compatibility issues that made you remove it. It could probably be fixed but I don't need such feature anyway, because SR's summons don't grant xp.
I'm not using the xp check because of the compatibility issues that made you remove it. It could probably be fixed but I don't need such feature anyway, because SR's summons don't grant xp.
Not even the enemies? SCSIIs?

"Wha-, I killed a 10 000 goblins, and now you tell me that you just summoned them from my nightmares? By the way, would you like to taste some of the goblin pie, wife been making tons of it lately?" :thumbsup:

P.S David, does this sound better? "SCS patches summoned glabrezu and pit fiend to make them temporary unattackable during gate's animation, but SR's custom scripts didn't know about it, and the result was that fiends were permanently immune. I've added a block in their scripts to "fix" this."

Fine by me.

Hotfixes update.

Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens: some players reported the component wasn't working as it should thus I've temporary disabled the patching code and replaced the hidespl.2da with one that surely works.

Compatibility fixes for SCS:

- the "disabled" spwi319, spwi320, sppr306 and sppr407 now work as "normal" spells instead of casting theri respective 5th lvl "active" version

- SIMULACR.SPL doesn't block "restoration" opcode anymore, but still blocks the exploit via "protection from spell" opcodes

As long as SCS overwrites SIMULACR.SPL though you'll have to manually re-overwrite it after installing SCS with another version of it (the SR's one with SCS AI script). I'll attach it in this post for now.

Guest deducter

I copied the files in your latest hotfix into my spell rev folder and attempted to install the Smarter Mages component (option 2) of SCSII again, but I received the following error

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'

Resource [dw#sprfi.spl] not found in KEY file:

[./chitin.key]

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR: Failure("resource [dw#sprfi.spl] not found for 'COPY'")

I copied the files in your latest hotfix into my spell rev folder and attempted to install the Smarter Mages component (option 2) of SCSII again, but I received the following error

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'

Resource [dw#sprfi.spl] not found in KEY file:

[./chitin.key]

ERROR: Failure("resource [dw#sprfi.spl] not found for 'COPY'")

I'll ask David more info then, as I simply "fixed" what he thought was causing the issue here. :suspect:
Guest deducter

I did manage to succesfully install the smarter mages opt 2 component by editing the setup-spell_rev.tp2 file according to demivrgrs's code.

I did manage to succesfully install the smarter mages opt 2 component by editing the setup-spell_rev.tp2 file according to demivrgrs's code.
Well, I made a new install just to try this out (SCS takes ages to install now!) and I had no problem installing Smarter Mages component (option 2) of SCSII over SR V3 with the latest hotfixes.

I've re-update the hotfixes right now just to be sure we're using the same files (but we already should), could you please test them again? The "commenting out code" I gave is a rather sub-optimal solution, and I'd like to know I finally fixed this problem because compatibility with SCS in on top of my priorities.

Well, I made a new install just to try this out (SCS takes ages to install now!)

Sorry; that's the tradeoff for it running more smoothly in-game. (I now generate about sixty mage scripts instead of one, depending on alignment, speciality type, and level; on the other hand, each script is shorter and more streamlined.)

Well, I made a new install just to try this out (SCS takes ages to install now!)

Sorry; that's the tradeoff for it running more smoothly in-game. (I now generate about sixty mage scripts instead of one, depending on alignment, speciality type, and level; on the other hand, each script is shorter and more streamlined.)
Cool, then I gladly accept the longer install-time. :laugh:

I reloaded your hotfix and reinstalled everything with no problem. Thanks!!
Thanks for re-testing it! :suspect:
Guest no_one_important

Spell Revisions v3 + latest hotfix seems to break the Enchanted Weapon spell.

After casting the spell and choosing a weapon, no weapon is created.

This is on a clean (no other mods, not even bg2 fixpack) install.

Spell Revisions v3 + latest hotfix seems to break the Enchanted Weapon spell.

After casting the spell and choosing a weapon, no weapon is created.

This is on a clean (no other mods, not even bg2 fixpack) install.

Fixing a "re-installing mega mod issue" I've created a "clean fresh install issue"...sorry. :suspect: No weapon is created because the renamed folder doesn't contain all the itm files anymore! I've re-updated the hotfixes (I never had to do it so many times in so little time!).

P.S those who already installed everything else and know what I'm talking about may simply copy in the override all the itm files contained in the enchwp folder.

Archived