Bugs/Issues & Hotfixes for SR V3

Demivrgvs

Noticed this while playing with SR + SCS v13.

Secret word and ruby ray do not appear to work correctly when cast by the party, although spell thrust does. I'm certain it's not just my bad aim, these spells have not got the advertised 5' radius area of effect.

Spell Removals

Noticed this while playing with SR + SCS v13.

Secret word and ruby ray do not appear to work correctly when cast by the party, although spell thrust does. I'm certain it's not just my bad aim, these spells have not got the advertised 5' radius area of effect.

They do have the 5' radius AoE, but we also reported some rare occasions where they randomly not work. I couldn't track down why though, because both projectiles and spells look fine, and 99% of the times they work fine.

Now, I've managed to notice a small "inconsistency" in the projectile files, though it's a parameter these projectiles shouldn't even use: their "trap trigger radius" had random values. I've made those values match the main spell AoE parameter just to be sure, let's hope it helps.

I've updated the hotfixes with the modified pro files, if you want to test only these spells instead of installing again everything simply take the 4 pro files in the relative folder and put them into your override.

Other than that the new hotfixes include the latest fix for the small issue reported by Shaitan, and I've also added into it the Revised Fiends (to force players to test them for me :undecided: ).

P.S I'm assuming SCS v13 doesn't alter SR files, but previous versions didn't thus I really cannot think it does now.

Spell Removals

They do have the 5' radius AoE, but we also reported some rare occasions where they randomly not work. I couldn't track down why though, because both projectiles and spells look fine, and 99% of the times they work fine.

It might be helpful if you could tell us the exact names of the files involved, so the once that have this exact failure could make a --change-log form the files... I don't have this failure, but anyways. And here's what's involved with the --change-log'ing a file, the answer #6, so it doesn't come as a news.

Spell Removals

It might be helpful if you could tell us the exact names of the files involved, so the once that have this exact failure could make a --change-log form the files... I don't have this failure, but anyways. And here's what's involved with the --change-log'ing a file, the answer #6, so it doesn't come as a news.

Well, the spell files are pretty obvious, and their pro files are dvsplthr, dvsecret, dvrubray and dvsplstr respectively.

Small Hotfixes update.

Fallen Devas and Planetars: their armors had redundant immunities, causing them to retain SR's immunities even if a player decide to install only the cosmetic changes.

Flame Arrow: during the cutscene right after Chateau Irenicus FA could accidently hurt/kill player characters. The relative script (cut01b.bcs) is now patched to use a Melf's Acid Arrow spell instead of Flame Arrow to prevent this from happening.

P.S The last fix hasn't been extensively tested, thus let me now if it needs further refinements (e.g. I can use a custom FA).

Guest Frustrated
Small Hotfixes update.

Flame Arrow: during the cutscene right after Chateau Irenicus FA could accidently hurt/kill player characters. The relative script (cut01b.bcs) is now patched to use a Melf's Acid Arrow spell instead of Flame Arrow to prevent this from happening.

P.S The last fix hasn't been extensively tested, thus let me now if it needs further refinements (e.g. I can use a custom FA).

Hi. I'm the guy from the other thread in the SCS 2 forum. Maybe I did not install the hotfix correctly, but I'm still getting killed by a flame arrow in that cutscene.

What I did is, I downloaded the zip file from page 1 on this thread, then I unpack it and over-write my old "spell_rev" folder. I then re-installed everything from scratch. Still get killed by a lame arrow in that cutscene.

Next, I tried to simply overwrite the old "spell_rev" folder without re-installing the weidu setup, and I still keep getting killed.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. :undecided:

Hi. I'm the guy from the other thread in the SCS 2 forum. Maybe I did not install the hotfix correctly, but I'm still getting killed by a flame arrow in that cutscene.

What I did is, I downloaded the zip file from page 1 on this thread, then I unpack it and over-write my old "spell_rev" folder. I then re-installed everything from scratch. Still get killed by a lame arrow in that cutscene.

This is the right thing to do.

Try to download the fix again, I think I made a very silly mistake. Sorry. :undecided:

In chapter 7, when you meet rakshashas fighting Demin, casting Holy word makes her go hostile (I play with SR+SCSII). I found it rather odd since she is chaotic good. Is it the intended behaviour ?

Like other before me, I have had some trouble targetting ennemy mages with RRR and the like, though it may be because of bad aim.

I have had no other problems though, and I'm having quite some fun playing the game with your mod and SCSII. My only other minor grip would be that I find the current version of the summoned fiend a bit overpowered. With SCSII assigning specializations to ennemy wizards (and liches if I am correct), I think that ennemy summoners become quite more dangerous than other wizards. You really, really don't want to let them enough time to cast high level spells, or else you'll have to fight 3 pit fiends at the same time, which could be a bit dangerous ! :undecided:

Anyway, thanks a lot for this wonderful mod !!!

Holy Word

In chapter 7, when you meet rakshashas fighting Demin, casting Holy word makes her go hostile (I play with SR+SCSII). I found it rather odd since she is chaotic good. Is it the intended behaviour ?
No at all...I think I know what may be causing it. The spell projectile targets anyone, even allies, thus a neutral character may consider it hostile even if not affected by any of its effects. A solution could be the one I previously used for Nature's Beauty, removing the 'hostile/break invisibility' flag from the spell, and making the caster visible via 'force visible' opcode. Will try asap.

Spell Removals

Like other before me, I have had some trouble targetting ennemy mages with RRR and the like, though it may be because of bad aim.
This is really driving me crazy...I couldn't track the problem down in any way. I do managed to reproduce it locally, but it seemed just random, in fact most players don't ever notice the issue, and I myself find the spells working 99% of times.

Are you using the latests hotfixes? They contain my last tentative to fix the issue, but it was only a guess because everything from projectile files to spell files seemed perfect even before that.

Fiends

I have had no other problems though, and I'm having quite some fun playing the game with your mod and SCSII. My only other minor grip would be that I find the current version of the summoned fiend a bit overpowered. With SCSII assigning specializations to ennemy wizards (and liches if I am correct), I think that ennemy summoners become quite more dangerous than other wizards. You really, really don't want to let them enough time to cast high level spells, or else you'll have to fight 3 pit fiends at the same time, which could be a bit dangerous ! :undecided:
I think I'll slightly nerf them in V4, but not much as they are supposed to be uber-powerful. In theory it's SCS that should use them less often, because without tweaks summoning many fiends would/should be a suicide (both in PnP and BG). There's a long ongoing discussion about them though, let's just say I do have plans for them.

Anyway, thanks a lot for this wonderful mod !!!
I'm glad you're enjoying it. :hm:

Update 23/08/2010

(Un)Holy Word: small refinement to make sure these spells aren't considered hostile by NPCs when they are not supposed to be harmed by them.

Nishruu & Hakeashar: I've implemented aTweak's fix within SR to make sure these creatures are always correctly affected by Dispel effects.

Hotfixes Update

Shocking Grasp: its scroll was usable by Enchanters because of wrong usability restrictions.

Dispel Magic: the cleric's version was flagged as 'hostile' while the others weren't.

Protection from Fire: various headers were using wrong bams (ProCold).

Antimagic Attacks Penetrate Improved Invisibility: long story short, the issue of them rarely not working cannot be completely fixed (unknow hardcoded issue), but the current solution (slower projectile, much bigger AoE) should make them work 99% of the times. Secret Word doesn't penetrate II anymore, because for both conceptual (it's a Power Word serie spell within SR) and balance reasons (it would seriously outshine Pierce Magic) the new large 15 feet radius AoE doesn't fit this spell.

Guest Guest_tom_*

A demon knight summoned in the dueling pits in the tavern in the underdark will teleport outside the pit and start killing the onlookers. I don't know if this is intended or maybe normal behavior. But maybe the mages shouldn't be able to summon a demon knight in the dueling pit

A demon knight summoned in the dueling pits in the tavern in the underdark will teleport outside the pit and start killing the onlookers. I don't know if this is intended or maybe normal behavior. But maybe the mages shouldn't be able to summon a demon knight in the dueling pit
Is it summoned by you or the AI? Does it attack your party members or neutral onlookers?

polymorph self doesn't display the correct animations if under adalons drow spell. it might be a vanilla issue though
Mmm...I don't know right now how drow's animation is applied, but it may indeed conflict, as you're pratically trying to apply 2 animations at once over the original one.

Archived