Bugs/Issues & Hotfixes for SR V3

Demivrgvs

SCS II AI(mages) is unnable to cast create undead level 6. For exemple, I have tried to Ctrl-Q Lavok and it is impossible to cast the spell with him.

Sorry maybe I should post on SCS II forum but David is not here and maybe it is SR related.

SR "simply" replaces Carrion Summons with a different summon spell, but it works the same way with the same ids entry. What do you mean by "SCS mages are unable to cast" it? The casting animation takes place but the spell fails? You cannot select the spell?

if I select the spell and click somewhere in the map, nothing happens. (no casting animation) . Maybe others players can confirm if they have already seen ghats or mummies on battlefield.

Really strange indeed...

Edit : SCS considers this spell as a level 5. (while SR make it a level 6 spell). Can it be related ? I remember a similiar problem in the past with protection from fire.

Edit 2 : Yes it is. I have tweaked the spell level with near infinity and mages can cast it again.

SCS considers this spell as a level 5. (while SR make it a level 6 spell). Can it be related ? I remember a similiar problem in the past with protection from fire.

Yes it is. I have tweaked the spell level with near infinity and mages can cast it again.

Eh? :p SR doesn't make it a lvl 6, it has always been a lvl 6 spell! SR simply replaces Carrion Summons without altering neither the file name (spwi623) nor the spell lvl.

With ProFire it was a similar but different thing. SR adds a new version of it as a 5th lvl spell, and back then it forced the original 3rd lvl version (used only by the AI) to cast the 5th lvl one. To fix the strange issue with SCS I simply made the 3rd lvl version work as the 5th lvl one on its own, but nothing of that happens with Create Undead.

I really don't know why SCS considers it a lvl 5 spell...is it trying to cast Summon Shadow instead? :) Summon Shadow previously replaced Carrion Summons in ol dSR versions, before moving to 5th lvl as per PnP.

SCS considers this spell as a level 5.
Where did you find it out?

I'm looknig at SCS+SR spell choices, and Create Undead is listed there in 6th level row.

Some scripts do contain RequireBlock(HasL5) triggers, but afair they're evaluated during SSL compilation.

PS Are you saying that the spell is level 5 in your game? If so, could you do a change-log on it?

Oh yeah, I confuse create undead and summon shadow.

But if I look SCS mage's spellbook , Create Undead (SPWi623) is memorized in 5th slot. Considering the spell is flaged as L6, it seems AI cannot cast it.

So it's a SCS problem. (memorization in wrong level slots) Hope David Wallace will come back one day :)

For the player, the spell is working smoothly. (edit: except that is I flag it at L5, now it's me who is unable to cast it)

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I just noticed, according to the description of Chromatic Orb, the damage goes along with the effects, like 1D3 for White and 1D8 for Green, etc. But the way the spells work right now, while the effects are random, the damage is actually determined by caster level. That means a level 12 caster can cast a White Orb or Yellow Orb, but always with a damage of 2D8.

IMHO we can just add the damage directly to each spell SPWI118A-B-C...SPL instead of using the SPWI118Z.SPL which handles all the damage.

Sorry if this has been dealt with; I didn't check through the whole thread.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I just noticed, according to the description of Chromatic Orb, the damage goes along with the effects, like 1D3 for White and 1D8 for Green, etc. But the way the spells work right now, while the effects are random, the damage is actually determined by caster level. That means a level 12 caster can cast a White Orb or Yellow Orb, but always with a damage of 2D8.

IMHO we can just add the damage directly to each spell SPWI118A-B-C...SPL instead of using the SPWI118Z.SPL which handles all the damage.

Sorry if this has been dealt with; I didn't check through the whole thread.

The spell works as it should, because the damage is indeed tied to caster's lvl and not to orb's color. This spell description's was a pain to write (I remember I and Mike discusse it tons of times) but I thought it was fine: "As the level of the caster improves, both the damage inflicted and number of colors known increases. The color of any given orb is chosen randomly from the colors known at the wizard's level." Damage is always the same depending on caster lvl, whereas the color is randomly chose between the ones you have "collected" up to that caster lvl.

That being said, if ToBEx makes multiple selection spells (e.g. a la vanilla Spell Immunity) work via contingencies/triggers (it seems so) then I'll probably re-work this spell for V4 (to let player controlled casters select the color they wish. That would hugely increase the potential of this spell imo.

Oh I see. Do you think this spell needs some buff though? I mean, why is the 10th level effect only Slow? Cause Slow effect doesn't affect THAC0 or AC by itself, so I'd prefer the Blind effect of level 8th. And I think -1 to Strength and Dexterity doesn't really mean much... Compared to the old Chromatic Orb which can insta-kill when you're at level 12 and up, it's OP indeed.

Apart from that, I think Skull Trap is also op if its damage can increase until level 20. After the 'improvement' of mods almost all enemies in the game are around level 20 and above, and many of them keep using triple Skull Trap with a Spell Trigger. One of that and 4 of my fellows down... The damage should go up to level 12 or something. It takes a while to go up to level 20, so now I feel like you're way too weak early game.

For some reason Spell Turning just doesn't work right. If someone is protected by Spell Turning and I cast spells at them, the spells rebound to me. But the converse doesn't happen. When I put on Spell Turning and someone cast spells at me, the spells don't rebound. I have tried this: I modified Perth the Adept so that he has only Spell Turning, Finger of Death, and Magic Missile, and then I had Aerie fight him. When I cast Finger of Death at him, it rebounds to me, but when he cast that spell at me, it doesn't rebound at all. The same thing applies to Magic Missile.

I remember something about the spells Spell Turning, Spell Deflection,... back in vanilla BG2 that is also not-so-right. The number of spell levels those spell can absorb (or turn) doesn't seem right as well.

Regarding Skull Trap, you are aware that it is already nerfed in relation to vanilla? You have the long lasting Protection from Magic Energy and all the globe spells to counter it.

Funny that you found out Spell Turning isn't working right because with SCS II i never even see the enemy cast at me at all, when I'm protected by it. This also means there isn't much advantage in casting Spell Turning and Spell Trap over Deflection.

Archived